So much talk of mains, strategies, "strongest" characters, long combos..

#1LinkIsTheBest3Posted 7/15/2012 4:15:03 PM
I will most likely do combos and have people I prefer. But I want this to be a fun game.There are games that I have for playing "full on" (Tekken) and of course there will be times were I play competitive with my friends on this game, but I for one, will be playing online for "fun" I'll most likely use the ? option and just do fun attacks and laugh. I don't know, I guess I'm trying to say, I want this game to be a fun mess around game online instead full on combos were it's so competitive you can't even land a punch, you know? Who else will probably screw around at first?
#2materia101Posted 7/15/2012 4:17:19 PM
I'll join ya on that one. I'll probably play everyone and see what I like best.
---
This is a signature.
#3StaticnovaPosted 7/15/2012 4:21:24 PM
The characters I play as mostly, will likely be the characters I feel have the coolest movesets. But I also I like to do well, and do the whole "practice with a character and find neat tricks and combos" thing.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Watch Dogs, Beyond.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#4ZidaneskiPosted 7/15/2012 4:26:20 PM
I'll probably just practice getting good at dodging and destroying people when they use their supers so that they think they're doing well and then I win with one lvl 1 super.
#5TheExiled280Posted 7/15/2012 4:29:37 PM
I don't I'll put too practice into combos for a fighting game like this (unless MP is brutal...)

Chances are I'll play everyone until I find 6-7 characters that I really like and those will be my "mains"
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita, PSPgo & PSP1000
The Dark Knight Rises Trailer: http://youtu.be/ASQqjK47c04
#6EvilSakuraiPosted 7/15/2012 5:36:31 PM
I'm gonna use Parappa, and dominate.
Screwing around? Sure, that's fine, but I love me some combos, and for me, screwing around means using as long of combos, and as flashy of combos, as I can pull off.
---
PSN:omegamarth
VF5: Final Showdown. Main: Akira. Subs: El Blaze, maybe Wolf?
#7fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 7/15/2012 6:49:09 PM
LinkIsTheBest3 posted...
I will most likely do combos and have people I prefer. But I want this to be a fun game.There are games that I have for playing "full on" (Tekken) and of course there will be times were I play competitive with my friends on this game, but I for one, will be playing online for "fun" I'll most likely use the ? option and just do fun attacks and laugh. I don't know, I guess I'm trying to say, I want this game to be a fun mess around game online instead full on combos were it's so competitive you can't even land a punch, you know? Who else will probably screw around at first?

So what you're saying is you're just going to be a button-masher online? Good luck with that if you find me, because I'm going to be trying to make it so you can't even land a punch. I mean, I always use my favorite characters, regardless of how good they are, but I try to become competent in the game before I go online. For me, it's much more fun being able to combo the living hell out of someone than it is to just mindlessly do random stuff, then rage quit and call the other guy cheap when you lose.

...in other words, I won't screw around first lol. My way of screwing around is doing funny troll combos to noobs, like the quadruple Bionic Arm, or the hard tag combo in UMvC3
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!