Evo worthy or not?

#1SadCubsFanPosted 7/15/2012 6:10:51 PM
I dont think so. There are too many other competitive fighting games out there. AE, marvel, MK9, injustice(if its out yet), KoF, persona 4, TTT2..................there is just no room for this game. it is destined to be a casual fighter I guess. Though that's not exactly a bad thing
#2SilverShadow881Posted 7/15/2012 6:18:02 PM(edited)
Those fighting games are another genre IMO.

This is more similar to smash where pulling out crazy moves and memorizing a chain of buttons aren't what make a player good.

At the same time, these games shouldn't be consider competitive at all. If you want to enjoy them at their fullest, you have to see them like a party game.
---
Peelz
#3FoolMeNeverPosted 7/15/2012 6:22:57 PM
Honestly? While it may not deserve a spot, assuming it's even decently competitive enough, it may just get a spot. Sony sponsors EVO, and if this game actually gets played seriously, I would be surprised if Sony doesn't try to push this game.
---
I support Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion: The JYB Edition.
#4Nether_RulerPosted 7/15/2012 6:31:50 PM(edited)
From the initial gameplay (lackluster combos/hit animation) impressions, no.

SilverShadow881 posted...
This is more similar to smash where pulling out crazy moves and memorizing a chain of buttons aren't what make a player good.

At the same time, these games shouldn't be consider competitive at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8&feature=player_embedded

Alright so as for EVO, if this game has the popularity to warrant the stream dedication of AE or UMvC3 then I don't see why it would be unworthy for consideration.
---
Powdered Toast Man
#5SAGE_HANPosted 7/15/2012 6:30:57 PM
EVO tends to stick to traditional fighting game style. Those type of fighters have a more direct approach. there is too many outside sources that can dictate the outcome of a match in this type of fighter. Although still competitive this style of fighter is meant for pure fun. they did do a good thing by adding legit combos.
---
WISH I COULD BREATH IN SPACE
PSN: YOUNGSAGE00
#6Majora999Posted 7/15/2012 6:33:13 PM
I think, maybe. They did dedicate this years EVO to it, I don't think they've ever done something like they did for PSASBR (I could be wrong, I just discovered EVO last year). They had Melee for a year or 2, they might atleast give it a shot.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#7diebuster2Posted 7/15/2012 6:33:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hapmyzGlpeQ

Maybe after seeing this. There's certainly room for potential.
---
Playing: ICO&SotC HD, BF3, Grandia. Favourite: Xenogears.
Official Fat Princess of the PSASBR board.
#8pixel378Posted 7/15/2012 6:52:46 PM
So you didn't want to discuss this you just wanted to try and shove you're opinion down our throats? Too bad, its tail time.

It will be more competitive than smash is for sure, with less restrictions. A games competitiveness depends on if the players want to make it competitive or not. And they will.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#9SiLVeR_420Posted 7/15/2012 6:58:21 PM
They are trying to market it as an Evo worthy game but I doubt it will have any kind of following in that scene.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.