A lot of gun based characters in this game

#21LuminescentRulePosted 7/16/2012 8:13:38 AM
1 gun based character = a lot.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/card/1/EmperorLawlight.png
PS3: Platform of the Year 2008-2011
#22dude_meister512Posted 7/16/2012 8:14:12 AM
Chairstood posted...
Also, whats the name of the guy that has blue skin, white glowing eyes, plasma like weapon and brown cloak?

Raziel?
#23Chairstood(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 8:17:09 AM
Raziel yeah that's the guy. Thanks. He should be in this game too.
#24JStewVGMPosted 7/16/2012 8:26:31 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Screw the haters, this game needs Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter

Good idea I think. Could revamp a dead series?
#25blaze19_0XPosted 7/16/2012 8:29:22 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
1 gun based character = a lot.

You're kidding right?

Nathan Drake
Colonel Radec
Jak and Daxter
---
www.livestream.com/blaze0x <------MH Livestream
www.youtube.com/blaze0070x <-----MH videos
#26Chzrm3Posted 7/16/2012 9:01:29 AM
By the time the roster's finished, it'll probably feel like we have a lot of gun users. R/C and Snake are definitely in this game, which bumps up the number of gun-based characters to 5. And if we do get a Chimera or any other shooting character, that means we've got 6 out of at most 24 characters - kind of feels like a lot when 1 out of every 4 characters has a gun.

That said, I don't mind as long as two things happen;

1. The gun users are varied. So far, this is very true. J/D may be using guns, but I've seen him use his gravity gun to start a combo, just as an example of how unique his weaponry is. R/C will also be super unique, and Snake's emphasis will probably be on stealth rather than guns. I think this is great, honestly, and it adds diversity to the roster as long as it's done well.

2. We get other types of fighters. Right now we've got a lot of gun using characters and a lot of hand-to-hand fighters. I'd love to see more magic users (especially after seeing how great Cole looks : D) and some weapon-based fighters (which usually means swords, but could be anything). There's a certain style that a sword-user evokes, because of the sweeping reach that you get with swords, and the great thing about multiple sword characters is that they're inherently different based on their styles. If Ico and Cloud were both in this game, they'd have such vastly different playstyles that it'd almost be silly to put them in the same category. Same as J/D and Radec. =)
#27blaze19_0XPosted 7/16/2012 9:10:01 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
By the time the roster's finished, it'll probably feel like we have a lot of gun users. R/C and Snake are definitely in this game, which bumps up the number of gun-based characters to 5. And if we do get a Chimera or any other shooting character, that means we've got 6 out of at most 24 characters - kind of feels like a lot when 1 out of every 4 characters has a gun.

That said, I don't mind as long as two things happen;

1. The gun users are varied. So far, this is very true. J/D may be using guns, but I've seen him use his gravity gun to start a combo, just as an example of how unique his weaponry is. R/C will also be super unique, and Snake's emphasis will probably be on stealth rather than guns. I think this is great, honestly, and it adds diversity to the roster as long as it's done well.

2. We get other types of fighters. Right now we've got a lot of gun using characters and a lot of hand-to-hand fighters. I'd love to see more magic users (especially after seeing how great Cole looks : D) and some weapon-based fighters (which usually means swords, but could be anything). There's a certain style that a sword-user evokes, because of the sweeping reach that you get with swords, and the great thing about multiple sword characters is that they're inherently different based on their styles. If Ico and Cloud were both in this game, they'd have such vastly different playstyles that it'd almost be silly to put them in the same category. Same as J/D and Radec. =)

This. None of the gun characters play similar at all.
---
www.livestream.com/blaze0x <------MH Livestream
www.youtube.com/blaze0070x <-----MH videos
#28pixel378Posted 7/16/2012 9:15:11 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
Chairstood posted...
If they add Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Croc and Gex it would even it out somewhat.
Throw in Tomba, Jersey Devil, and Tiny Tank and they can call it PSone Mascot Platformers Third-Party Royale.

Damn thats my game right there.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit