To those who think this is a smash rip off and those who don't

#1-TheFranchise-Posted 7/21/2012 6:53:07 PM
Who The F*** Cares?

/topic
#2Godly_GoofPosted 7/21/2012 6:55:41 PM
.... It is a ripoff. But I don't really care that it is since I like smash and I'd like to see more games like smash.
---
"Am I okay? Just feel these nipples" -Aoto
"THAT'S THE POWER OF LOVE,DICKNOSE!!!! -Mute
#3qwertyMrJINXPosted 7/21/2012 7:01:53 PM
It is a rip-off, but that doesn't matter. Saints Row 2 is a rip-off, and it's one of the best games this generation.

Just because something's not original, doesn't mean it isn't good.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#4TheFallenKnightPosted 7/21/2012 7:02:11 PM
I think people's definition of a "rip-off" is somewhat off.

My definition off a rip-off is that they copied nearly everything the other game did and only had a few minor changes done to it.

However I do not see this game copying almost everything Smash did. It copied the idea of 4 party brawler with characters from different gaming universes. But that's pretty much it. No characters were copied, no music was copied, no final smashes were copied, no stages were copied, not even the Percent system was copied.

If anything, it will be dubbed as a CLONE, not a rip-off.
---
Official KOS-MOS of the PSASBR Board
PSN: littledevilangel
#5Nik_NackPosted 7/21/2012 7:11:05 PM
Rip-off, Clone....honestly who cares. I agree tc; people should just shut up and enjoy the hype. It is possible to like both games.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6Godly_GoofPosted 7/21/2012 7:12:16 PM
TheFallenKnight posted...
I think people's definition of a "rip-off" is somewhat off.

My definition off a rip-off is that they copied nearly everything the other game did and only had a few minor changes done to it.

However I do not see this game copying almost everything Smash did. It copied the idea of 4 party brawler with characters from different gaming universes. But that's pretty much it. No characters were copied, no music was copied, no final smashes were copied, no stages were copied, not even the Percent system was copied.

If anything, it will be dubbed as a CLONE, not a rip-off.

... Except it rips-off the whole premise of the game. That's like saying that X Y or Z's companies tablets all don't rip each other off because they cram different parts into them. They are almost identical but minor minor variations.

I mean they copy the idea of the 4 character battles
Using character from a single game franchise
Smashes, supers, etc etc
---
"Am I okay? Just feel these nipples" -Aoto
"THAT'S THE POWER OF LOVE,DICKNOSE!!!! -Mute
#7zombie_baitPosted 7/21/2012 7:24:58 PM
qwertyMrJINX posted...
It is a rip-off, but that doesn't matter. Saints Row 2 is a rip-off, and it's one of the best games this generation.

Just because something's not original, doesn't mean it isn't good.

This is something that people desperately need to understand. The game's a rip-off, yes, but at least it's copying something fun, and when was the last time we saw a completely original fighting game?
#8StaticnovaPosted 7/21/2012 7:40:44 PM
My problem with the term "rip-off" is that it sounds illegal, you know? The way people use it makes it sound like some heartless robbery. Fact is; fans have wanted this game for years, a team was put together to handle it, and they have put their own spin on it. That's it. They weren't sitting around and suddenly thought "**** it, we'll just copy SSB".

And I'm pretty sure it's considered more than just "minor changes", else nobody would be having such a problem with it.

Also, I wanna say that 4 character battles and the idea of super/special moves is definitely not exclusive to SSB or could be considered its "thing". These are very standard ideas in gaming.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Watch Dogs, Beyond.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser