We Still Do Not Know The Full Roster

#1ChronoCactaurPosted 7/30/2012 9:35:48 AM(edited)
I am 99% certain that the leaked characters are just part of the default roster, and will be revealed prior to release, as follows;

Gamescom Reveal: Ratchet, Sackboy, Fortesque, Nariko
TGS Reveal: Spike + Raiden
Last Reveal: Evil Cole + Dante

So 20 for the starting roster, which is only 2 less than SSBB's starting roster. I think it's safe to assume that there will probaly be 6-8 Unlockable Characters, making a maximum possible total of 28, which is over 20 but less than 30 obviously.

If anyone recalls the Comic-Con panel, Omar commented that Lammy, Tomba, and Blasto are "cool characters", but that he doesn't want to give away any secret reveals. This part of the Q&A was removed entirely in the PlayStation version of the panel. Also, a developer responded to a comment about Robbit on a PS Blog entry. The fact they acknowledged it gives Robbit a good chance, also Jumping Flash is the Oldest PlayStation franchise, the first game of which was released in April 1995. We can assume that a Legend of Dragoon character is in as well, as it was Sony's First Original and Successful JRPG IP, and got a long overdue PSN release just a couple months ago.

With all that said, and Lightning being assured, we have 6 unlockable characters right there. Crash & Spyro would round it out to 8... Nothing beyond the leak is confirmed, though, but it's very likely that these are the unlockable characters, if any.

As for DLC candidates, Kat is probaly the number one choice. They will probaly add one more DLC character to act as the rival to Kat, and that will put the final roster count at 30, which again is a surprising number for a first entry.

All that said, if what was leaked really is the final roster, however unlikely it may be, it'll still be a decent effort for a first entry, but would leave plenty to be desired.
---
Official Ace Attorney of the PSASBR Board
#2CodytheHeroPosted 7/30/2012 9:34:16 AM
I gotta say, I'm thinking your hopes are entirely too high.
But I'm definitley hoping you are right.
---
Previously known as fallenxlionheart
#3ChronoCactaur(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 9:34:40 AM
Regarding Jumping Flash and Legend of Dragoon, the former is the equivalent to Sony's Donkey Kong or Game & Watch in terms of IP age, while Legend of Dragoon is the first successful 1st-Party RPG. Wild Arms, much like Tomba and Crash Bandicoot, is a 3rd party franchise that had a few of its entries published by Sony, so it doesn't count, especially since Final Fantasy VII was the first truly successful JRPG in America.
---
#4Elite_JapanesePosted 7/30/2012 9:35:56 AM
Sounds like Wishful thinking if you ask me.

Only other characters we are getting are maybe Kat and Lightning. Yup no chance of good characters like Crash and Spyro.
---
You see what you want to see.
#5StaticnovaPosted 7/30/2012 9:36:30 AM
I was expecting more like 4 extra characters than what we know now. Also, don't forget Wander/Ico as possibilities, especially seeing as Omar loved Ico.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Watch Dogs, Beyond.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#6EtroAnimePosted 7/30/2012 9:38:01 AM
I think more characters will be locked don't be surprise if we start off with about 12 unlocked characters.
#7ChronoCactaur(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 9:38:49 AM
Staticnova posted...
I was expecting more like 4 extra characters than what we know now. Also, don't forget Wander/Ico as possibilities, especially seeing as Omar loved Ico.

I think those franchises would be better suited to stages. One plays Shadow Of The Colossus because of the Colossi, not because of Wander. You can't have Yorda separate from Ico because that would go against the purpose of the game, and I'd imagine trying to work both of them into one character could make for an ackward process.
---
#8CodytheHeroPosted 7/30/2012 9:39:34 AM
Staticnova posted...

I think those franchises would be better suited to stages. One plays Shadow Of The Colossus because of the Colossi, not because of Wander. You can't have Yorda separate from Ico because that would go against the purpose of the game, and I'd imagine trying to work both of them into one character could make for an ackward process.

Ice climbers?
---
Previously known as fallenxlionheart
#9ChronoCactaur(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 9:42:35 AM
CodytheHero posted...
Staticnova posted...

Ice climbers?

I've thought about that, but I'm still not sure. Yorda can't fight, and ICO only has a wooden sword. The Ice Climbers, on the other hand, can both fight on equal grounds.

I really think ICO and SotC are better suited for stage mash-ups. One of the stages could have a Colossus attacking, much like the MAWLR in the Dojo stage. I dunno how an ICO mashup would work though... maybe the characters show up in the background?
---
#10EtroAnimePosted 7/30/2012 9:44:24 AM
ChronoCactaur posted...
Staticnova posted...

I agree with them being stages as well Ico and Yorda can be seen as part of the stage, someone stated that it would awesome seeing Ico guiding Yorda through one of the stages keeping her from harm.