So with the leaked stuff...

#1Sketch722002Posted 7/31/2012 12:09:13 PM
So I know alot of leaks for games are exposed because of people going in and picking apart files for different names and what not. Such as they see a file for textures with evil cole in the name. If i had a game company and knew people do this to leak info, I would name all the files really odd things and no where in the game actually contain them.
---
PSN/XBL - Ragdoll72
#2Speedmaster1225Posted 7/31/2012 12:10:40 PM
No.
---
Who needs a sig?
#3Chzrm3Posted 7/31/2012 12:14:03 PM
Speedmaster1225 posted...
No.

Blizzard has done this a few times to throw off Data Miners, it's pretty funny when it works.

In this case, though, there was actual imagery for those characters/stages. It's a lot different than just putting in some empty lines of code.

I also think it's a dangerous game to play. What if they were like "lol let's put Sir Dan in to mess with everyone!" and then when the roster's unveiled and he isn't a character but Evil Cole still is, there's insane backlash and rage from people who thought they'd get to play Sir Dan? Seems like shooting yourself in the foot at that point.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#4game freakozoidPosted 7/31/2012 12:34:23 PM
What did Blizzard do it for? Most data-miners have no problems going through their files even with a name change as they can easily see things that were changed from one build to another. I can't really think of any case where they've tricked the data miners. I can think of a time when they tried like with the halloween mask fiasco but even that was completely transparent.
#5AccrovideogamesPosted 7/31/2012 4:51:23 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
What if they were like "lol let's put Sir Dan in to mess with everyone!" and then when the roster's unveiled and he isn't a character but Evil Cole still is, there's insane backlash and rage from people who thought they'd get to play Sir Dan?

Who said anything about giving changing character names for other character names? How about naming Evil Cole Banana Split and Ratchet & Clank DTF130? Just have someone write up the translated names on paper only and you're done. Alternatively, implement a cipher.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec