Anonymous source confirms leak to Screwattack

#21toastiestcoopaPosted 7/31/2012 1:43:25 PM
this sounds too fishy, capture the flag has already been confirmed, and u really think they would take all those modes and especially the trials out,just for dlc, even theyre not that stupid, it would cause an uproar
---
Gotta love internet democracy, where opinion=fact & im right and your wrong.
We need Sir Dan for PSASBR
#22GodzillaheiseiPosted 7/31/2012 3:03:42 PM
SpartenX20 posted...
WILD_CHARIZARD posted...
SpartenX20 posted...
Godzillaheisei posted...
WILD_CHARIZARD posted...
I'm just posting it here for discussion. The source sounds iffy to me.

Edit: Although I do love the idea of Alex Mercer being in as DLC.

Same here, Alex Mercer? Hell yes! Plus Sora as well, pretty awesome if true.

Alex Mercer is a terrible character for this game. I'm not saying you can't like him or want him, but still think about it. .

Bold statements always mean more if they're explained.

Prototype is a game made popular by gratuitous gore and violence. And you think he belongs in a party fighter? Sure, there are characters from very violent and mature games already in the roster but none from one as in-your-face as Prototype. I enjoyed Prototype as much as the next guy, but Alex Mercer may as well be a bald space marine.

In terms of character, and terms of abilities and power. Sorry, I can't really see how Alex Mercer is a terrible character.

PLUS ALEX MERCER IS KIRBY

Did you even think of his unique potential? In Super Smash Bros, Kirby can absorb characters and bare their abilities and likeness. Alex Mercer can also absorb people/living organisms, and can mold himself into their appearance and likeness as well.

Think about, Alex Mercer is the PS counterpart of Kirby, except he's brutal and dangerously destructive. With some tweaking, the developers could have Alex use some virus inspired powers that he creates from the character's he absorbs.

Like if Alex absorbs Kratos, then Alex will look like Kratos and his weapons will be the same as the God killer's as well. However, they will also look very virus like and organic in terms of appearance.

So again, I honestly don't see how the character himself would be a terrible choice for the roster.
---
---
Official Jugo of the Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Board
#23SpartenX20Posted 7/31/2012 3:19:57 PM
Well, we can argue the uniqueness or imo blandness of Mercer all day, but the plain fact of the matter is that Prototype lacks the same amount of iconography or nostalgic value as the other proposed characters and would fit in much much worse than the other 3rd parties. In my opinion, even after playing Prototype 1 and a little of 2, he would be a waste of a slot.
---
PSN: FugginFrog
#24GodzillaheiseiPosted 7/31/2012 3:35:44 PM
SpartenX20 posted...
Well, we can argue the uniqueness or imo blandness of Mercer all day, but the plain fact of the matter is that Prototype lacks the same amount of iconography or nostalgic value as the other proposed characters and would fit in much much worse than the other 3rd parties. In my opinion, even after playing Prototype 1 and a little of 2, he would be a waste of a slot.

Sorry, I don't see it. Mostly every current and modern gamer today knows about Prototype and Alex Mercer since the first game did so well, received well, and was exposed well, that gamers know who the character is. He's already molded a iconic factor with his name and his debut game. So its not really a "fact". But if that's your opinion, then you are welcomed to believe it. (obviously of course)

Fat Princess has no nostalgic value since she isn't old, same with Cole from infamous and Nathan Drake. They bare a modern current influence like Alex Mercer and are also well received among the majority of gamers. So long as they bare that, and have been involved with a Playstation system, Then that's pretty much it, Alex has done this along with the Prototype series. And if this is true, then that clearly tells that the developers(Or those who their heads) have taken notice of this.
---
---
#25SSBR10Posted 7/31/2012 3:40:26 PM
Cloud as DLC? I wouldn't mind that.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#263D3Posted 7/31/2012 3:44:48 PM
Just like Kotaku's reliable anonymous sources about Versus XIII getting cancelled right? Yeah that article can GTFO.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#27Cyberlink420Posted 7/31/2012 3:53:31 PM
Fake. That "complete" stage list is missing two leaked stages and one announced stage. Plus we've gotten confirmation from Paul Gale and TheMink's source that there are more characters than just the 20 found in the beta.
---
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/cyberlink420/1231465839578copy.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFSeries
#28SSBR10Posted 7/31/2012 4:21:25 PM
Cyberlink420 posted...
Fake. That "complete" stage list is missing two leaked stages and one announced stage. Plus we've gotten confirmation from Paul Gale and TheMink's source that there are more characters than just the 20 found in the beta.

They already said in the article that this is not the complete list of the final roster.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#29mcnichojPosted 7/31/2012 4:29:51 PM
Think about, Alex Mercer is the PS counterpart of Kirby
But he isn't PS exclusive.
Sure it was meant to be but I wouldn't call Big Daddy the "PS counterpart" to Bowser or Donkey Kong.

I honestly don't recall Prototype being that violent or atleast not as bad as plenty of the Twisted Metal cutscenes I've seen.
---
LoL US/PSN/XBLGT/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita owner. Had my 3DS stolen, I loved it as much as any of my other systems. ):
#30GodzillaheiseiPosted 7/31/2012 4:47:47 PM
mcnichoj posted...
Think about, Alex Mercer is the PS counterpart of Kirby
But he isn't PS exclusive.
Sure it was meant to be but I wouldn't call Big Daddy the "PS counterpart" to Bowser or Donkey Kong.

I honestly don't recall Prototype being that violent or atleast not as bad as plenty of the Twisted Metal cutscenes I've seen.

I know that he isn't PS exclusive, but if he was included with the game (This game on the PS3) then I would indirectly label him as a PS counterpart since this game is for the PS systems.

I wouldn't indirectly label Big Daddy as a counterpart to Bowser (Maybe Togera from War of the Monsters) nor Donkey Kong (Congar from War of the Monsters for that one). This one is pretty much a ? to me.
---
---