This game is really weird to me.

#1BellethorPosted 7/31/2012 11:08:05 PM(edited)
Don't take offence, but as a pro Smash player that's been playing since Smash64, this game seems really weird to me. A lot of these Sony characters, IMO, look like bootleg versions of Nintendo characters, and some of these characters seem a little too serious because of the fact that I consider Smash style gameplay/theme to be a lot more lighthearted/silly/not so serious (not saying these games can't have deep metagames, just that there's a lighter theme then other fighters like MK). Some of these characters, like Big Daddy, are slightly off putting given the mature theme that Bioshock games have going on (they're pretty much borderline horror games, it's like saying Freddy Kreuger is in the new Smash game). I know Snake is in Brawl, but look at that butt, do you really take that seriously?
---
I had a dream that I was a moderator on Gamefaqs. It was the ultimate power.
#2seth_sage12300Posted 7/31/2012 11:05:18 PM
Stop reading at the mention of Snake butt, got lost in sexy thoughts.
---
Long live the Cole master race.
Official Snivy and James of the BW2 boards
#3SilverShadow881Posted 7/31/2012 11:08:34 PM
I agree, this game could use more silliness. I hope they address that in the story mode.
---
Peelz
Isaac Clarke would be a killer in Playstation All-stars
#4Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 11:13:30 PM
What's also weird is that this game has Sackboy, but doesn't have Spyro and Crash. Sackboy can eat my sack.
---
#5RayKnightPosted 7/31/2012 11:20:11 PM
Bellethor posted...
What's also weird is that this game has Sackboy, but doesn't have Spyro and Crash. Sackboy can eat my sack.

Agree.

Also, because SSB series is more light-hearted, this is a lil hardcore...so it caters to the more hardcore gamers...why not? Win-win situation there. Don't want seriousness, go SSB. Want a bit of seriousness, take PSASBR.
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#6SSBR10Posted 7/31/2012 11:25:44 PM
That's just the difference in design choices; Nintendo always had more colorful, lighthearted characters while Sony always had more serious, mature-style characters. That's the way it's always been.

That still doesn't mean Sony characters don't fit in a game like this as good as Nintendo characters do.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#7doraemonllh1989Posted 7/31/2012 11:31:05 PM
troll succeed
---
my grammar sucks,so deal with it
gamefaqs=20% proper discussion,30% trolling, 50% non thread related argument
#8Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 11:32:46 PM(edited)
SSBR10 posted...
That's just the difference in design choices; Nintendo always had more colorful, lighthearted characters while Sony always had more serious, mature-style characters. That's the way it's always been.

That still doesn't mean Sony characters don't fit in a game like this as good as Nintendo characters do.

What's also really weird is that there's a mix of light-hearted characters with mature characters. Is Kratos gonna rip off Sly Coopers leg, beat him to death with it and then have sex with Fat Princess or something?
---
#9SonyalwayzwinzPosted 7/31/2012 11:37:52 PM
Bellethor posted...
SSBR10 posted...

What's also really weird is that there's a mix of light-hearted characters with mature characters. Is Kratos gonna rip off Sly Coopers leg, beat him to death with it and then have sex with Fat Princess or something?

Sounds like a good idea to me.
---
SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY!
#10Chzrm3Posted 7/31/2012 11:39:36 PM
Bellethor posted...

You have my permission to not say mean things about Sackboy anymore.

Seriously, why poop on the game for not being silly/light-hearted/fun and then complain about Sackboy being in it when he alone can do everything you just said and more?

There are also characters like Toro or Parappa who are really charming/adorable.

Don't forget that the audience for this game is people who buy Playstation games. That's a much more diverse array of people than people who buy Nintendo games, and those fans tend to have wildly different preferences between them. You can't just add only cutesy characters, or only violent ones, or only shooter characters.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.