How's this for DLC packs?

#21M4nnimalPosted 8/7/2012 2:03:34 PM
I agree with the themed dlc packs. Also, they should add an Oddworld pack, with Abe and Stranger.
---
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"
#22G-ScythePosted 8/7/2012 2:08:52 PM
Haku125 posted...
DrRockso87 posted...
I think the problem with these packs is they lack consistency. Imagine people being eager to purchase the first pack but say, "I hated Prototype. I don't want the pack anymore" or the second pack wanting Tomba! and Vivi (odd combination) but not knowing or caring about the third character (seriously, who's Xeg?)

I think all DLC characters and stages should be sold individually so people aren't forced to purchase characters they don't want. For packs though, make them more themed. "Final Fantasy Pack" = Cloud, Sephiroth, Lightning, Vivi, etc. "Rayman Pack" = Rayman, Globox, Rabbids, etc. "Team Ico Pack" = Wander, Ico & Yorda, plus stages featuring Colossi in background.

Just my two cents.

The gecko is xeg. His name is backwards because i would get banned if i said his name

why can't you say Gex?
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#23M4nnimalPosted 8/7/2012 2:12:05 PM
So, is Alex Mercer a legitimate possibility if Superbot gets Activision support? That would be awesome.
---
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"
#24Haku125(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 2:13:54 PM
G-Scythe posted...
Haku125 posted...
DrRockso87 posted...
I think the problem with these packs is they lack consistency. Imagine people being eager to purchase the first pack but say, "I hated Prototype. I don't want the pack anymore" or the second pack wanting Tomba! and Vivi (odd combination) but not knowing or caring about the third character (seriously, who's Xeg?)

I think all DLC characters and stages should be sold individually so people aren't forced to purchase characters they don't want. For packs though, make them more themed. "Final Fantasy Pack" = Cloud, Sephiroth, Lightning, Vivi, etc. "Rayman Pack" = Rayman, Globox, Rabbids, etc. "Team Ico Pack" = Wander, Ico & Yorda, plus stages featuring Colossi in background.

Just my two cents.

The gecko is xeg. His name is backwards because i would get banned if i said his name

why can't you say Gex?

I'd get banned. I've been put on parole twice for saying it. The mods went and deleted every single one of my posts about him. I lost 29 karma points. It pissed the hell out of me and it was totally unreasonable but i have no power over it.
---
Official Activision hater of the PSASBR board
Down with the selfish company that is activision
#25Chzrm3Posted 8/7/2012 2:34:57 PM
Haku125 posted...
G-Scythe posted...
Haku125 posted...
DrRockso87 posted...

Just my two cents.

why can't you say Gex?

I'd get banned. I've been put on parole twice for saying it. The mods went and deleted every single one of my posts about him. I lost 29 karma points. It pissed the hell out of me and it was totally unreasonable but i have no power over it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what? That sounds amazing.

I was also scratching my head and wondering who Xeg was. I figured it was a KH character.

Anyway, I like the fact that the packs are diverse. It's a more likely scenario, too, because they'll probably want to ensure that both characters sell. If one group of people badly want Cloud and another group of people badly want Crash, you can combine then into a Cloud/Crash bundle. People who really want those particular characters won't be able to say no to the bundle pack.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#26DrRockso87Posted 8/7/2012 2:45:59 PM
M4nnimal posted...
I agree with the themed dlc packs. Also, they should add an Oddworld pack, with Abe and Stranger.

Stranger's moveset would be badass. He has enough projectiles to choose from.

I think Just Add Water and Oddworld Inhabitants would support the idea. Imagine that? $10 to play as Abe, Munch, and Stranger in Rupture Farms, Soulstorm Brewery, Vykers Labs, etc. stages.