is this worth it if im new to playstation?

#1harcoreblazerPosted 8/15/2012 7:37:43 PM
I plan on getting a ps3 this christmas, first sony console, with 2 games, first one being Black ops 2 and the other one im currently deciding between this, TTT2 and GT5

I enjoyed Brawl, and know already many of the characters in this since i read a lot of ign, kotaku and all that

I was originally a nintendo fan but not gonna get the wii u if most next-gen games dont run in it.

So is this worth it?
---
---
LOL
#2babiesinoupPosted 8/15/2012 7:39:35 PM
Well, this game could introduce you to all the characters and then you can go out and buy the games of your favorites. So I say it is worth it.
---
You don't want to know where the babies come from.....
#3XeedragonPosted 8/15/2012 7:39:55 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
I plan on getting a ps3 this christmas, first sony console, with 2 games, first one being Black ops 2 and the other one im currently deciding between this, TTT2 and GT5

I enjoyed Brawl, and know already many of the characters in this since i read a lot of ign, kotaku and all that

I was originally a nintendo fan but not gonna get the wii u if most next-gen games dont run in it.

So is this worth it?
---

GO TO HELL NINTENDO TROLL!!!!!!!!!
#4StaticnovaPosted 8/15/2012 7:40:19 PM
Depends how much you love the genre gameplay-wise, really. If you really like this genre's core aspects, you'll probably find this fun.

Also, seeing as this is your first Sony console, there's SO many good games you need to play.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Watch Dogs, Beyond.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#5SilverShadow881Posted 8/15/2012 7:40:50 PM
YES. You will:

-Get a good game
-Catch interest in other awesome sony franchises
-Get a free copy for the PS Vita
-Experience something similar to Brawl

IMO, it's a great way to get acquainted with playstation.
---
Peelz
Isaac Clarke would be a killer in Playstation All-stars
#6Tien25Posted 8/15/2012 7:41:20 PM
From my personal experience, crossovers are harder to enjoy if you aren't familiar with the characters. I'd wait for reviews and more info. If the fighting engine itself is amazing, go for it. If not, then you may be better off skipping this.
---
Brawl FC: 0087 1965 1861 (YAY)
#7SilverShadow881Posted 8/15/2012 7:41:38 PM
Xeedragon posted...

Ignore this troll ^
---
Peelz
Isaac Clarke would be a killer in Playstation All-stars
#8DarkFistsPosted 8/15/2012 7:42:21 PM
SilverShadow881 posted...
YES. You will:

-Get a good game
-Catch interest in other awesome sony franchises
-Get a free copy for the PS Vita
-Experience something similar to Brawl

IMO, it's a great way to get acquainted with playstation.

Agreed...regardless of a person being new to Playstation there is a way to get at least 1 game in the series for all of these characters in some way
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#9pixel378Posted 8/15/2012 7:43:10 PM
I would get this, and LBP for starters.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#108-peacock-8Posted 8/15/2012 7:43:19 PM
Xeedragon posted...

You. Get the f**k out.