Stage Mash Ups

#17656198Posted 8/16/2012 10:17:55 AM
Who thinks the next Smash Bros. will snake this amazing idea?
#2taoxadasaPosted 8/16/2012 10:21:57 AM
Snake??? SNAKE?!! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!

But yeah I don't see them doing that.
---
Official Robbit of the PSASBR boards
#37656198(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 10:24:32 AM
Its a shame...I thinks its Psabr best idea. one of them anyways.
#4Chzrm3Posted 8/16/2012 10:49:47 AM
I actually kinda hope they don't. I still feel like I'd rather have the individual stages just stand on their own and be tributes to their own games. It does let us have more representation in the stages, but it also has a weird effect of muddling the experience.

I'll cite the R/C level again, since I really don't like that one - when the Hydra pops up, it just looks out of place and awkward. The only charming thing about that level was the city in the background, but then it gets removed and replaced by a fairly stiff-looking enemy.

However, the Uncharted level is fantastic, and a pretty great way of doing this. That Bioshock blimp doesn't even take away from anything in Uncharted, it just adds its own crazy flair.

So I guess if every level was like Stowaways, I'd be okay with this. =) For Smash though, I really like the way they do levels, so I hope they keep it the same. Although I wouldn't mind if they did one or two levels that had interesting mash-ups going, like maybe make Final Destination soar through a bunch of different Nintendo games this time instead of these random places. XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#5Pieman0920Posted 8/16/2012 10:51:17 AM
They probably won't use them, and personally I prefer it that way.
---
(9^_^)--------0(x_X^)
Official ungrateful jerk of GameFAQs.
#6Dux_XPosted 8/16/2012 10:54:11 AM(edited)
Chzrm3 posted...
I actually kinda hope they don't. I still feel like I'd rather have the individual stages just stand on their own and be tributes to their own games. It does let us have more representation in the stages, but it also has a weird effect of muddling the experience.

I'll cite the R/C level again, since I really don't like that one - when the Hydra pops up, it just looks out of place and awkward. The only charming thing about that level was the city in the background, but then it gets removed and replaced by a fairly stiff-looking enemy.

However, the Uncharted level is fantastic, and a pretty great way of doing this. That Bioshock blimp doesn't even take away from anything in Uncharted, it just adds its own crazy flair.

So I guess if every level was like Stowaways, I'd be okay with this. =) For Smash though, I really like the way they do levels, so I hope they keep it the same. Although I wouldn't mind if they did one or two levels that had interesting mash-ups going, like maybe make Final Destination soar through a bunch of different Nintendo games this time instead of these random places. XD

Yeah, some mash-ups look awkward, while others simply seem like a nice little tribute. Sandover, Stowaway, the LBP stage, and Alden's Tower are great examples of mash ups that are done great. The Dojo, Ratchet & Clank city level, and Hades are kind of weird and it seems like Superbot got a little too..."creative" for this levels.

Oh, and btw, you can turn the hazards off, which I think effectively turns the mash up off...I think.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#7babiesinoupPosted 8/16/2012 10:54:40 AM
Hopefully SSB4 will "snake" the very best part of this game: how unique each character is. I mean each character in Smash seems archetyped instead of actually representing the series they come from, i.e., giving Pikachu or Ganondorf punches and kicks. Most of the reason for this is so that they can conform with the given controls, but still, characters should have more special attacks than generic attacks.
---
You don't want to know where the babies come from.....
#8bartz90Posted 8/16/2012 10:55:50 AM
Chzrm3 posted...

Yeah, the hydra really does ruin Metropolis for me too. The Sly mashup also messes up Alden's Tower IMO, also Buzz with Dreamscape but I think LBP could've had a better level to begin with. I can't complain about the rest we've seen though. I look forward to the rest of the mash ups, they could be really amazing or just fun.
---
-
#9Dux_XPosted 8/16/2012 10:56:07 AM
babiesinoup posted...
Hopefully SSB4 will "snake" the very best part of this game: how unique each character is. I mean each character in Smash seems archetyped instead of actually representing the series they come from, i.e., giving Pikachu or Ganondorf punches and kicks. Most of the reason for this is so that they can conform with the given controls, but still, characters should have more special attacks than generic attacks.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

But they should fix Gannondorf so that he's not a clone (or even a loose clone) of Captain Falcon.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#10ImDyinSquirtlePosted 8/16/2012 10:56:30 AM
I like The Metropolis and Hydra mashup actually. It's one of my favorite ones in the game. It IS out of place, but thats what happens during a mashup

But yeah as far as Smash is concerned, I like having them stand alone. I hope they dont change it
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying