If it's any consolation to Japan getting it first

#1Majora999Posted 8/23/2012 8:55:37 AM
We'll know just about every single detail about the game by Nov. 9th. Every game I've ever followed that came out in Japan first had been 100% spoiled either by that evening, or the next day.

So for those who can't wait to know what's in the game, buck up! I'm sure we'll have competitive character strategies by the 11th.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#2StiputationPosted 8/23/2012 8:57:12 AM
.....and terrible impressions from the Japanese players.

Ahuehuehuehuehue, but you are right. Although, an October 23rd release would have put the game in our hands first, given us competitive strategies, AND saved us from the whining that will come from Japan once the game is released there. e___e
#3blaze19_0XPosted 8/23/2012 8:57:52 AM
Famitsu game GTA4 the epitome of a "Western" game a 39/40.

It won't get lower scores at least by professional reviewers for being Western made. Stop worrying.

If it does get poor scores all around it's probably because it's a poor game.
---
www.livestream.com/blaze0x <------MH Livestream
www.youtube.com/blaze0070x <-----MH videos
#4StiputationPosted 8/23/2012 9:02:55 AM(edited)
No I mean I personally don't care, but I think Superbot would be taking less of a gamble by just releasing it here first. I won't even be getting my paws on it until Winter Break (sometime in January), so its not like I'm butthurt or anything, but I think that it just would have make more sense to release it here.

Of course Japan/Famitsu has given positive impressions to Western-esque games, but the argument still stands that they're taking a bit of a gamble when it comes to the reviewers over there. Especially since everyone has in their heads that this is a Smash bros clone, AND theres hardly any Japanese characters? Ohhh....

Japan be gentle on PSASBR. Plz.
#5MrTacoPosted 8/23/2012 11:29:05 AM
Really, who cares if Japan gets the game earlier? It may not even be true, and even if it is.. we're talking a couple of weeks. It's not like they get it 4 months earlier or something, for crying out loud. I fail to see how this will bring forth the end of the world, it's just a game.
#6Majora999(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 11:40:22 AM
MrTaco posted...
Really, who cares if Japan gets the game earlier? It may not even be true, and even if it is.. we're talking a couple of weeks. It's not like they get it 4 months earlier or something, for crying out loud. I fail to see how this will bring forth the end of the world, it's just a game.

People are just afraid if the game gets a lukewarm reception in Japan it'll draw out even more haters.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#7ZEOPOWER6Posted 8/23/2012 11:40:47 AM
What if the Japanese love it? lol
#8gamermets11Posted 8/23/2012 11:50:48 AM
Where are people getting its out in Japan that early?

That really doesn't make any sense for the delay over here then

If it was only said by a Japanese website and not SuperBot themselves don't jump the gun. When SuperBot first announced the delay for NA everyone went crazy and said how it was only NA and all the Europeans were comin on bragging how they still get it the original day. Then SuperBot came on later and announced it was for all regions. Wait for SuperBot to say something before people say its coming out early in Japan
#9AndKevinBaconPosted 8/23/2012 11:52:02 AM
At least this means there probably won't be any major reveals in November (what's the point in revealing stuff everyone will know about within a day of the Japanese release?), so the timeline of major reveals may not have been stretched out to fill in that extra month caused by the delay, which is what I thought would happen.
---
Official Dimitri of the PABSTBR board.
Waluigi 4 SMA5H.
#10ZEOPOWER6Posted 8/23/2012 5:51:03 PM
gamermets11 posted...
Where are people getting its out in Japan that early?

That really doesn't make any sense for the delay over here then

If it was only said by a Japanese website and not SuperBot themselves don't jump the gun. When SuperBot first announced the delay for NA everyone went crazy and said how it was only NA and all the Europeans were comin on bragging how they still get it the original day. Then SuperBot came on later and announced it was for all regions. Wait for SuperBot to say something before people say its coming out early in Japan

Well, Japanese retailers are listing the November 8th release date. I imagine that the game is just going to be done and sent to be pressed by the original release date (late October) and will be shipped to Japan early.

This happens. :/

Australia got Avengers a month before everyone else and they get the DVD/Blu-ray this weekend!