What if they had 23 characters THEN realised they could disable them on disc

#1Garfield64Posted 10/5/2012 4:27:31 PM
Are you going to be mad if the 3 characters Paul Gale has are On Disc DLC that being held back soley for profit? - Results (100 votes)
Yes, they should give us the full game and not shaft us and sell us a incomplete game just to make a early extra $20
87% (87 votes)
No, 20 is a good enough roster, it's fine if they are not giving us them all to make extra profit.
13% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Then they plan to release them as $5.99 DLC each, instead during the first month it goes on sale.

This would explain why Paul Gales source has posters with all of them. It would also explain why they "all of a sudden" stopped reveals.

They realized like Capcom, that On Disc DLC makes you a lot of money.

I'm calling it first, 20 character final roster is because they decided to have ON DISC finished content as DLC for profit.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2BkzUziPosted 10/5/2012 4:29:42 PM
If that does happen I have they reveal another version of the game with all the dlc's unlocked just like how Capcom always does.
But yeah I'll rage but I'll prob end up buying all the DLC characters. :(
#3DarkFistsPosted 10/5/2012 4:31:09 PM
I'd be disappointed, but that's it. I'd still buy the game, and if I like the DLC characters, I'd end up buying them too, but that wouldn't take away my disappointment
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#4vital_tundraPosted 10/5/2012 4:37:15 PM
I don't buy games with on disk DLC. I bought the game, I have a right to ALL the content on that disk. Why this practice hasn't been to court is beyond me.

I don't believe Sony would do that though.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#5Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:39:33 PM
vital_tundra posted...
I don't buy games with on disk DLC. I bought the game, I have a right to ALL the content on that disk. Why this practice hasn't been to court is beyond me.

I don't believe Sony would do that though.

Sony gives it's studios creative freedom to just about what ever they want.

It's why it's so hard for them to even get official Sony owned franchise characters in their game.

They pretty much get the freedom to do what they want.

On a scarey side note though. If SuperBot does this and it makes a ton of extra cash (which it will). They will start doing this in more Sony games just like how they do it in tons of Capcom games now.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#6Chzrm3Posted 10/5/2012 4:39:52 PM
Yeah I really disagree with the on-disk DLC on a fundamental level. That's just a shallow way to cash in.

If it's free DLC like what tekken's been doing, I'm totally okay with that. It encourages people to get their game online and helps retain copies, which means less people selling them back and less people buying used. So I'm fine with that!

But paid for, day-1 on disk DLC... so cheap. The only thing worse is what Capcom did with SFxT where not only was it on-disk DLC you had to pay for, but you couldn't even buy them right away! You had to wait! So even people willing to spend that extra 20 bucks got screwed!
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#7Ludacris01Posted 10/5/2012 4:40:14 PM
I'll buy the game used and no DLC whatsoever
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#8sworderPosted 10/5/2012 4:51:10 PM
Garfield64 posted...
On a scarey side note though. If SuperBot does this and it makes a ton of extra cash (which it will). They will start doing this in more Sony games just like how they do it in tons of Capcom games now.

You haven't been keeping up, have you?

It's killed the sales of Capcom games because of it and they know they are getting boycotted to the point they agreed to stop doing it. Same thing would happen to Sony.
#9wwinterj25Posted 10/5/2012 4:55:10 PM
I'd be mad if I'm paying to download a unlock code. It's not a surprise that this game will have DLC. However going by one of pauls hints about one character been fan service(maybe kat) then I assume that one character would be free. Who knows though?
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#10BombermanFanaticPosted 10/5/2012 4:55:51 PM
I hope this costume is on disk DLC
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/259/Hhh.JPG
---
I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog.
# Of other people who have: 55,including taoxadasa