So they couldn't afford 3rd party, and were to dumb to use kickstarter so why?

#21lightdragoon88Posted 10/6/2012 9:36:36 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
It called sequel.

If you put all the big names in the first one, then you have nothing to carry the second game.

What second game? Why are you assuming this is going to have a sequel? Because Smash Bros. had one? Are you saying I should buy this game because of what SuperBot -might- hypothetically do in the future?

No you buy it cause you like it. People didn't buy Smash Brothers cause of what could happen later down the road, but for what it was.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#22NewMoonShadowPosted 10/6/2012 10:06:39 PM
Defyingthelaw posted...
Why would these people reject it? That just seems silly.

Some people just feel their characters/IP's aren't well-represented by fighting games. This is the same reason no "Animal Crossing" character was playable in Brawl, because the creator didn't feel that it would be doing his games justice, so they settled for the Smashville stage and the Resetti AT.
#23nemesiskite55Posted 10/7/2012 4:39:22 AM
PhantomWarcry posted...
nemesiskite55 posted...
christiankid7 posted...
because they need each 1st party devs APPROVAL in order to be put in the game. Just like in MVC3, Capcom wanted a MH rep, MH dev team said 'NO' so they couldn't get him. Simple as that. Superbot cannot put any characters in the game that they dont have the dev teams permission to use.

But really, a MH rep would be just Jill with a BFS, considering MH is nothing without the monsters, thus meaning a MH rep would mostly summon the monsters he hunts. Or it would be one of the monsters, I suppose

Well, haven't played Jill much in MvC3 but they definitely changed her, don't remember any summon moves, could be wrong, but...yeah, not sure why I'm arguing about this. Just pointing out that there still could have been a MH rep that plays fairly differently from the rest of the roster, and I'm pretty sure they'd give him more than one weapon.

I haven't played Jill at all in MvC3, so my entire argument may be invalid
---
Playing: persona 4 (ps2), LoZ: Minish Cap (GBA), Disgaea 3 (VITA), MGS HD (VITA), Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
Waiting on: Ragnarok Odyssey, Zero Escape, P4G (all VITA)
#24trollhunter2Posted 10/7/2012 4:43:57 AM
i dont understand why they didnt at least ICO or Wander... Seriously SB must be out of their
mind for not including one of the most ICOnic ps2 characters
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
come at me bros
#25lightdragoon88Posted 10/7/2012 6:48:25 AM
trollhunter2 posted...
i dont understand why they didnt at least ICO or Wander... Seriously SB must be out of their
mind for not including one of the most ICOnic ps2 characters

Kratos is in this game.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#26sinncrossPosted 10/7/2012 8:03:42 AM
the thing is that none of those charcters in that list even have mass appeal market (in the PS community).
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#27LuminescentRulePosted 10/7/2012 8:18:47 AM
the thing is that none of those charcters in that list even have mass appeal market (in the PS community).

And Fat Princess does?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#28JunDagekiPosted 10/7/2012 9:10:40 AM
It called sequel.

If you put all the big names in the first one, then you have nothing to carry the second game.

But SSB put all the big names in the first one and look how the sequels continued to be successful.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#29stevenbobPosted 10/7/2012 9:23:13 AM
they really did not try to get many decent first parties they went with what sony games can we think off the top of our heads and throw in one or two obscure ones I bet if you ask the ip holders of a handful of niche or semi popular sony ip holders they will say they were not asked just like some third parties were not because they wanted the big names namco capcom konami oh wait and ninja theory because of nariko
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#30NewMoonShadowPosted 10/7/2012 10:46:46 AM
LuminescentRule posted...

And Fat Princess does?

There's a balance though. You can't make your cast list ALL obvious superstars, you want some slightly more obscure characters for the huge fans, but you don't want to load the roster down with them. As it is Sir Dan and Parappa definitely count as more obscure stars from the past who are in solely for fanservice, and while some others like Ico or Wander would be nice, going too overboard with the obscure characters lowers the appeal for non-diehards.

Hell as it is we get several people a day crying because they don't know any of the characters in this game.