Who do you think will be the next character reveal?

#1Kaydos25Posted 10/6/2012 10:03:35 PM
Yes - there will be 20 characters on that disc when you go and buy it on release date. However there is a little bit of evidence that tends to indicate that they are currently working on more characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5CyhCuW8I&feature=g-upl

2:30 It is asked if Crash will be in the game.

Omar replies with the whole two to tango quote.

3:20 ish Omar is asked about DLC

We get the quote that if the fan supports it they will make DLC.

However...

3:45 It is asked if there are any more characters planned down the track

Omar says "ummm not that I can be talking about right now"

Also they said they were going to announce more characters at the TGS comvention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW5EADTTrwI&feature=player_embedded

20:45 - Fan asks about character more reveals

Then at PAX a few days later they announce Nariko and Sir Dan.

However, no reveals at TGS.

Now if you look at the development cycle of releasing a game:

Right now SuperBot would not be working on the PS3 version at all - maybe a few sound touches or something.

Working backwards:

Game releases worldwide roughly ~ 20 November

That means the games have to be in the store before hand. Now that is a Tuesday, which means that to make sure stores get their product on time they would have it on the Friday before (16th November) at the latest I would say. WORLDWIDE. That means shipped to other countries.

Now the game also needs to be printed and packaged:

Several hundred thousand copies: Every 1000th or so is also tested in a machine.

So to print onto disc, package etc it would take a couple of weeks (at least). Leaving us the fact that SuperBot would give the master disk to the company to print it at the 1st November the latest.

Also keep in mind that the Vita version must go through, basically, the same process, and that they are doing stuff AFTER the Vita version. (So they are I think it was approximated 2 weeks behind?)

Now also factor in time it takes to get the game through Ratings such as the ESRB. Time is also allowed to make adjustments. When a game has been rated by the ESRB they cannot make any changes, possibly minor ones, but they can't add scenes, characters etc.

Now how to make a character (working backwards):
Note: Some of these happen at the same time.

- Add sound to the character (can be done simultaneously)
------
- Playtest them, modify them, rinse and repeat - For a fighting game this is important to have balance.
------
- Animate them
- Make up a moveset
- Make up supers
- Write a script
- Get resources from other companies (Konami actually made Raiden)
etc.
-----
Make the character model
-----
Concept Artist
Research
Make up a design plan

Now, each of these can take more or less time depending, however certain employees are only involved in the early stages, such as early design, concept art etc. So that means for the past few months they would not have had any work to do (assuming that there are no new characters)

Also... they released Sir Dan last. Now don't get me wrong - Sir Dan is awesome but he isn't a character you bookend on - They could have used Spike, Ratchet and Clank, J and D or any of the later characters *if* there were only 20. Also looking at the roster Dante is #5. HOW IS HE NUMBER 5? He wouldn't have been created so early in the design phase, and he has an advanced moveset.... Notice how his numbering is odd on the website?

Superbot said there would be 20+ characters

Now, in short I think it came a point when they couldn't get the last characters finished. Keep in mind that development schedules are tight and that they also had to account for the Vita being developed slightly behind. Superbot genuinely think they could get them in on time
#2Kaydos25(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:03:45 PM
What I think will happen:

They will release the game with the 20 characters, however shortly after they will announce new characters (hopefully for free)

These will be the characters being developed now.

Now, this can hurt sales if these characters are not in.

I reckon they might either have a reveal of them in the booklet or something,
or perhaps when they make later copies of the game they will have a sticker on the front saying with the character portrait saying "Available now online!"

What are other people's thoughts?
#3Kaydos25(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:05:07 PM
Hence the term "Launch roster"
#4vital_tundraPosted 10/6/2012 10:05:42 PM
He stated that there is nothing of new characters being developed. Thats it
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#5Kaydos25(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:07:36 PM
vital_tundra posted...

Proof?
#6vital_tundraPosted 10/6/2012 10:10:19 PM
Kaydos25 posted...
vital_tundra posted...

Proof?

On the live stream a day ago, he talked about how he knows people wanted Crash but it takes two to tango. Then he went on about how he could be DLC in the future and that while they have had ideas for DLC they are not working on anything at the moment.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#7Kaydos25(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:11:26 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Kaydos25 posted...
vital_tundra posted...

Proof?

On the live stream a day ago, he talked about how he knows people wanted Crash but it takes two to tango. Then he went on about how he could be DLC in the future and that while they have had ideas for DLC they are not working on anything at the moment.

I have a link to that actually, in my main post...

He says he can't talk about that right now... not they aren't working on anything.
#8LuminescentRulePosted 10/6/2012 10:12:02 PM
There are no more characters. I can't believe some of you are still trying to DC that.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#9NewMoonShadowPosted 10/6/2012 11:18:20 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
There are no more characters. I can't believe some of you are still trying to DC that.

The fact that they keep using "Launch Roster" instead of "Final Roster" is pretty telling that this may not be the case.

Either they're so cocky that they expect paid DLC to be worth developing already (which he said they're not) or they're planning post-launch add-ons to entice gamers into buying the game without another outright delay.

now bear in mind "add-ons" doesn't mean characters, per-se, but they are the most likely to be added in later.
#10djmaster1994Posted 10/6/2012 11:26:21 PM
Get over it TC there is no new characters coming wait for DLC
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!