A possible explanation for the discrepancy between PG and the launch roster...

#1Cyberlink420Posted 10/7/2012 8:19:23 PM
It's pretty clear that, whether or not it actually is true, Paul Gale has up until now genuinely believed that the information he was given about the roster was accurate. But as has been said by Sony time and time again, the launch roster will feature only 20 playable characters, with no unlockables. So how do we explain this? The answer is surprisingly simple:

DLC.

Those of you who were around GameFAQs during the months before Street Fighter X Tekken launched will recall that when Lupinko leaked the final roster, he posted the names of 52 characters, discounting Cole and the Sony cats. Among those on his list were Sakura, Blanka, Guy, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Lars, Alisa, Bryan, Jack, Leo (later corrected to Lei), Christie, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. As we all know, however, all fourteen of those characters were obviously NOT available at launch, only getting added later via DLC (with Mega Man and Pac-Man being PS3-exclusive). At the time of the announcement, Lupinko went on record stating that he had no knowledge of their DLC and/or exclusive status when he got the list, and suggested that plans during the dev cycle might have changed. The fact that MM and PM are on the 360 version fully intact including vocals, rival battle, ending, etc. provides evidence to support this.

So here's my guess: Paul's extra characters, whose identities we may or may not learn this week, are in the game. However, there's still only going to be 20 characters at launch. Rather, I'd imagine these remaining reps are being developed at the same time as the initial batch, as was the case with SFXT, and are being saved for release as DLC to maintain interest in the game post-launch. Perhaps those chars took longer than expected to develop, and Superbot knew they wouldn't be ready in time, so they saved them for DLC to get the extra time to finish and didn't want to let the cat out of the bag until they were sure the characters were working. Obviously this doesn't give any sort of indication as to whether it'd be free or not, or even if said DLC would be on-disc, but that's really not a debate I want to get into in this topic.

Granted, this is all clearly speculation on my part, but all things considered, it seems like a pretty logical explanation for the confusion IMO. Depending on whether or not this proves true, we could be getting our DLC lineup by the end of the week. Thoughts?
---
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/cyberlink420/1231465839578copy.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFSeries
#2BorisTheOgrePosted 10/7/2012 8:21:00 PM
no u buffoon

paul gale is a troll

get it through your fat head

he has no legit info left..................
---
i am not a troll I am an Ogre
get it right you simpletons
#3Kaydos25Posted 10/7/2012 8:24:00 PM
I agree with you Topic Creator.

If you want some stuff to read into, check out one of my earlier posts:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64252238

Also in an earlier post (that I cant be bothered finding) I also suggest this theory.

I wouldn't call it DLC per se, more like Downloadable Missing Content - DCM.
#4geneocidePosted 10/7/2012 8:24:15 PM
BorisTheOgre posted...
no u buffoon

paul gale is a troll

get it through your fat head

he has no legit info left..................

....He is a troll for using info he didnt know was incorrect.... You troll more than he does...
---
Ahhh! My ding ding dong!
#5ArmoredElderPosted 10/7/2012 8:46:16 PM
This makes sense.
If and when DLC is released, I'm hoping it's reasonably priced.
---
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selacia, Metalocalypse
#63D3Posted 10/7/2012 8:50:39 PM
Well if they are on disc DLC (which I doubt) then that would be total BS.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#7Kaydos25Posted 10/7/2012 8:51:48 PM
3D3 posted...

It's NOT on disc btw.
#83D3Posted 10/7/2012 8:53:40 PM
Kaydos25 posted...
3D3 posted...

It's NOT on disc btw.

Well he was comparing it to SxT and correct me if I'm wrong but weren't all of those dlc characters already on disc?
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#9Cyberlink420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:53:50 PM

If it was on-disc, we'd have probably found some evidence of them in the beta by now.
---
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/cyberlink420/1231465839578copy.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/SonicFSeries
#10Kaydos25Posted 10/7/2012 8:57:49 PM
Cyberlink420 posted...

If it was on-disc, we'd have probably found some evidence of them in the beta by now.

The beta is an old version before they made the expo demo one.

Addressing 3D3:

That backlash was a huge deal, I don't think any other developers would willingly fall into that trap. Especially compared to the "20 character rage". Now, I am happy if there are some resources on the disc (such as voices) that would save it when we download Cloud etc in the future. However the whole character would not be on disc.