A Message to Superbot: Things Left to Reveal

#1JohnbobbPosted 10/7/2012 11:56:52 PM
Dear Superbot,

You may not have noticed, but the last few events you've shown up at have failed to reveal much of anything. We understand that there are no more characters (some of us anyway), but I'd like to remind you that you can reveal MORE than just characters at these events, and you really should given the small amount of time left before the release. Things to reveal include:

-3 remaining stages/mashups
-Closer looks at Paris, Franzea and San Francisco
-Minions (who they are, what they are, etc.)
-Overview of story mode
-10 other pre-order costumes (if they exist)
-Closer look at other game modes/customization
-Belts and other unlockable items
-Anything else we don't know about

Honestly, I just don't care about more characters at this point. I want to know a hell of a lot more about what I'm getting before it's released, and you seem to be unwilling to tell anyone anything. Fix this, please.
---
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#2ImDyinSquirtlePosted 10/8/2012 12:00:19 AM(edited)
I honestly cannot believe that people are THIS impatient about a lot of info they already know. I mean come on now, there's less than 2 months until release
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#33D3Posted 10/8/2012 12:01:17 AM
There's not much they can show about story mode, you just go and fight multiple battles against CPUs which leads to the rival battle then the boss battle.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#4LeagultPosted 10/8/2012 12:54:26 AM
It's called buying the game. Do you want to know the ending too?
#5Johnbobb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 8:06:52 AM
There's a bunch of huge aspects of gameplay that they won't show off. All anyone seems to care about on this board is more characters, but I actually want to know about the game itself.
---
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#6BkzUziPosted 10/8/2012 8:08:48 AM
Leagult posted...

Would you buy a game if you didn't do know how much character and stages there are?
Why would someone spend $60 to find out there's barely any thing in it.
#7wwinterj25Posted 10/8/2012 8:52:28 AM
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

Would you buy a game if you didn't do know how much character and stages there are?

Yes I'd buy a game not knowing the exact number of characters and stages.
We already know there is a lot of content in this game and people must be satisfied in order to have put down a pre order or want to buy the game day one. We simply don't need to know every detail about the game. Personally I think we know enough.

Although I want to see what minions are, the unlockables, belts and so on I'd rather keep that as a surprise. We know these things are in the game and that's all we need to know.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#8TaizukuPosted 10/8/2012 8:53:19 AM
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

SCV
---
"I just started playing UMvC3 2 weeks ago, but it's aiite I'm good doe" ~ BipBop
PSN: MobileFlame
#9Darknessbeast10Posted 10/8/2012 8:56:00 AM
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

It's called research or just buying it to find out.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#10Devlin3333Posted 10/8/2012 10:28:19 AM
I think you’re right, TC. Even without anymore characters, SuperBot still has a ton of stuff they could show off. On top of the things you listed (minions, other mash-ups, etc.) I think fans would really like to see more 1v1 footage, some 2v2 footage, and a solid cinematic trailer (perhaps the opening for the game?).

The marketing team behind this game has been dropping the ball HARD at the last few events. First off, I think it’s pretty bad to heavily imply more than twenty playable characters by not directly answering questions instead of just being honest and coming right out to say, “Hey guys, this is the launch roster, and we’ve put a lot of work into it, so I hope you enjoy it!”

This isn’t even the main concern though. I think rational gamers are going to be able to cope with the “smaller than expected roster.” The marketing team most certainly should not have revealed all of the remaining characters months before the game came out. Let’s face it: characters are the best way of generating hype. Even if we knew of them from the leak, seeing gameplay would have gotten people excited.

That mistake aside though, they SHOULD be releasing at least nuggets of information to keep some stable level of hype. TGS wasn’t so bad, because we got a look at three new stages and their mashups. But to my knowledge, there was NOTHING revealed at Eurogamer Expo, and the only new information we really got from EB Expo was confirmation of a killing item (Medusa’s or (is it Euryale’s?) head). They need to be doing something to keep hype up. I’m still supporting the game, but I know a lot of people who are being turned off of it just because of the hype.

TL;DR: The marketing team behind Playstation All-Stars is doing a terrible job.
---
"Education doesn't end when the bell rings. You're supposed to take pride in how you carry yourself."
--SymphonicRain