#11StormBlitzPosted 10/8/2012 9:31:35 AM
http://oi49.tinypic.com/of98p2.jpg
---
Elena Fisher > Lightning > Tomba, Abe, Ty and Vivi
#12kingcam07Posted 10/8/2012 9:37:05 AM
Darknessbeast10 posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...
It's called buying the game. Do you want to know the ending too?

Would you buy a game if you didn't do know how much character and stages there are?
Why would someone spend $60 to find out there's barely any thing in it.

It's called research or just buying it to find out.

No, people should know how much of a game they're paying for before they buy it. We don't know anything about the structure of the story mode or the types of modes we have. That stuff is vital to know. We definitely live in an age of research but that leads me to two conclusions.

1. There's not much to research about the game so far.
2. There are tons of great games coming out in the same time frame that we know much more about.
---
psn ID: kingcam07
#13JerichoDarkstarPosted 10/8/2012 10:18:43 AM
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

Would you buy a game if you didn't do know how much character and stages there are?

Anyone who buys a Call of Duty game. . .
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#14Vanitas_RemnantPosted 10/8/2012 10:26:41 AM
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

Believe it or not but there was once a time when the internet wasn't as big and most people couldn't find info on games before their release
---
I feel a draft on my butt
#15zxelmanPosted 10/8/2012 10:28:41 AM
Vanitas_Remnant posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

Believe it or not but there was once a time when the internet wasn't as big and most people couldn't find info on games before their release

And people were happy, for the most part.

Or it was to be assumed.

Your only reviews were magazines or the local's opinions.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#16kingcam07Posted 10/8/2012 10:47:32 AM
Vanitas_Remnant posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Leagult posted...

But now we have the internet and a myriad of different views and videos as a tool and it would be foolish not to use them when making a 60 dollar purchase.
---
psn ID: kingcam07
#17CalibuhrrPosted 10/8/2012 10:54:46 AM
I need to know what free roam is ASAP
#18zxelmanPosted 10/8/2012 11:00:59 AM
Calibuhrr posted...
I need to know what free roam is ASAP

Free roam doesn't sound it would actually mean what it normally means, especially since this is a 2-D fighting genre.

I assume some sort of practice mode where you can do whatever the crap you want on the stage. Don't expect anything too big out of it.

I got excited too when I saw it, but I doubt it's something to get worked up over.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#19TheNardDogPosted 10/8/2012 11:11:09 AM
lol, damn. Be patient. Is this your first time fallowing a game like this? It's like it's your whole life. Get over it. No offense, but at this point that seems incredibly whiny. It's not like it affects the gameplay, and you could cancel your pre-order a day before the game. So calm it.
---
Crash most wanted for PSASBR
Little Mac most wanted for SSB4
#20Johnbobb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:12:50 AM
Devlin3333 posted...
I think you’re right, TC. Even without anymore characters, SuperBot still has a ton of stuff they could show off. On top of the things you listed (minions, other mash-ups, etc.) I think fans would really like to see more 1v1 footage, some 2v2 footage, and a solid cinematic trailer (perhaps the opening for the game?).

The marketing team behind this game has been dropping the ball HARD at the last few events. First off, I think it’s pretty bad to heavily imply more than twenty playable characters by not directly answering questions instead of just being honest and coming right out to say, “Hey guys, this is the launch roster, and we’ve put a lot of work into it, so I hope you enjoy it!”

This isn’t even the main concern though. I think rational gamers are going to be able to cope with the “smaller than expected roster.” The marketing team most certainly should not have revealed all of the remaining characters months before the game came out. Let’s face it: characters are the best way of generating hype. Even if we knew of them from the leak, seeing gameplay would have gotten people excited.

That mistake aside though, they SHOULD be releasing at least nuggets of information to keep some stable level of hype. TGS wasn’t so bad, because we got a look at three new stages and their mashups. But to my knowledge, there was NOTHING revealed at Eurogamer Expo, and the only new information we really got from EB Expo was confirmation of a killing item (Medusa’s or (is it Euryale’s?) head). They need to be doing something to keep hype up. I’m still supporting the game, but I know a lot of people who are being turned off of it just because of the hype.

TL;DR: The marketing team behind Playstation All-Stars is doing a terrible job.

Though I can't wait for this game, even I have to agree that Superbot cannot market well at all.

TheNardDog posted...
lol, damn. Be patient. Is this your first time fallowing a game like this? It's like it's your whole life. Get over it. No offense, but at this point that seems incredibly whiny. It's not like it affects the gameplay, and you could cancel your pre-order a day before the game. So calm it.

What are you talking about? This is a calm discussion. I don't know what everyone's throwing such a fit about. Superbot seems to be having plenty of marketing trouble, and I'm just pointing out some of the issues. Would you rather see another 50 "20 CHARACTERS NOT ENOUGH CANCEL PREORDER" topics?
---
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif