Here is the Paul Gale letter

#11UltimaXOmegaPosted 10/10/2012 3:35:44 PM
I KNEW IT! Cloud was in! Superbot f*** you for removing him.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin
Official 5 Tails Jinchuriki Han of the UNS3 boards
#12gameghy555Posted 10/10/2012 3:38:48 PM
Where is he getting this info from...? Also, why are people believing him again...?
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#13Chzrm3Posted 10/10/2012 3:39:25 PM
Damn, the stuff about them looking at 28 characters at one time is interesting.

And CHUN-LI WAS CONSIDERED

If she'd gotten in, my heart would've exploded with joy. Q_Q

It's also sad to see Ico, Spyro and Dart on the list of "considered but cut". So what was that Yorda picture, then. Concept stuff that got axed? Probably. =( But seriously, how're you gonna cut out Spyro? ?!?!??

Anyway, it's a fun little list and I think we can all agree that if Cloud, Wander, Snake and Crash had ever been a part of this roster, it would've been a tremendous boost for everyone.

Honestly, reading this just depressed me more than anything. PG even knows it's not true. =(
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#14Charizard18Posted 10/10/2012 3:42:29 PM
The list of remaining characters at one point, got up to 28/30. Though not in the game, the following were considered for inclusion: Chun Li or Ryu from Street Fighter to round out the 25th Anniversary Division, Ico to be a part of the PS2 Division, and both Spyro the Dragon and Dart Feld as part of the PSX Division. Those four did not make the final cut according to my source, but the four included in the article and two potential DLC additions, were apparently part of the poster.

This part was fun to read.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
Support Project Crystallis! http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#15wwinterj25Posted 10/10/2012 3:43:05 PM(edited)
Hmmmm if this is true then the screen image of Wander was true.
It's interesting and I can see these been DLC: Cloud Strife, Old Solid Snake, Wander, Crash Bandicoot, Connor and Kat. 6 DLC characters seems reasonable. The only thing missing would be Spyro but I could live with that. It's a shame Paul didn't show this poster.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#16Haku125Posted 10/10/2012 3:44:04 PM
Oh my god, that list is perfect. I think i'm gonna cry :'(
---
Official Final Fantasy hater of the PSASBR board
About 30 topics are made a day for this annoying franchise. I hope it isnt represented at all.
#17rumbalumbaPosted 10/10/2012 3:45:00 PM
f*** SuperBot for removing Dart, Ico, and Wander. those are first-party and owned by Sony.

i can't believe they chose Big Daddy, Raiden, and Don'te over them. the f*** is wrong with them? this game is gonna fail so hard they're gonna regret not having all of these characters.
#18Chzrm3Posted 10/10/2012 3:45:38 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Hmmmm if this is true then the screen image of Wander was true.
It's interesting and I can see these been DLC: Cloud Strife, Old Solid Snake, Wander, Crash Bandicoot, Connor and Kat. 6 DLC characters seems reasonable. The only thing missing would be Spyro but I could live with that. It's a shame Paul didn't show this poster.

Especially if they'd worked on those characters a bit already but just couldn't finish them.

In Brawl there were dead files for some characters (Dixie, Tetra, and a few others) that were completely empty. The thinking was that some work had been done on these characters, but they weren't finished and since the disk was packed to the gills with content, they removed the models and other stuff.

So I wonder if there's like a half-finished Cloud or something at the Superbot studio that they could potentially turn into DLC one day?

Anyway I'm still a little wounded after hearing that Ico, Chun-Li and Spyro were all considered and then cut. I don't even care whether this is true or not, that just hurts so much. I mean, Chun-Li was a dream character that I never ever ever thought had a chance in this game.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#19Haku125Posted 10/10/2012 3:48:56 PM
Its just so sad. This was just perfect. Crash. Just crash would've made me un cancel my pre order!
---
Official Final Fantasy hater of the PSASBR board
About 30 topics are made a day for this annoying franchise. I hope it isnt represented at all.
#20Majora999Posted 10/10/2012 3:51:08 PM
Welp, the tale Paul spins is mostly a good one (not gonna lie, pissed at Spyro being straight up passed over), time will tell how it really went down.

Like I said, we won't know for sure what happened until DLC is officially announced. If noone Paul mentioned is shown in the next, eh, I'll give it 5-6 months, then either he or his source is a troll.

Kinda hope it's true (although, if it is true I will never like SuperBot again for passing over Spyro. Getting denied is one thing, not affording him is one thing, but cutting him? No. **** that, that's 100% pure bull****. No matter how good the game is, I would hate SuperBot. I'd love the game and wait with bated breath for DLC and potential sequels, but I would hate them as a company.)
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11