Here is the Paul Gale letter

#61bartz90Posted 10/10/2012 5:13:07 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Kingdom of Amalur devs got shut down because Curt Shilling was a dumbass. I dont remember the specifics but he used all the money they got for stupid ****.

Maybe added to the fact that it didn't sell well enough. The point was that this is happening across the industry.

Homefront sold 2 million at first and 5 million to date which is phenomenal for a new IP and it still wasn't enough to cover Kaos' costs or for THQs investors.

Krome had to shut down after wasting all their cash on Blade Kitten and not making much back, though I hear there were some internal issues there as well.
---
-
#62vaderkid123Posted 10/10/2012 5:13:43 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
Kingdom of Amalur devs got shut down because Curt Shilling was a dumbass. I dont remember the specifics but he used all the money they got for stupid ****.

No he didn't. The company was in debt far before the money was loaned to them. I interned there, I would know.
---
There was a sig here.
Now it's gone.
#63ArmedDragoonPosted 10/10/2012 5:15:13 PM
Though not in the game, the following were considered for inclusion: Chun Li or Ryu from Street Fighter to round out the 25th Anniversary Division, Ico to be a part of the PS2 Division, and both Spyro the Dragon and Dart Feld as part of the PSX Division. Those four did not make the final cut according to my source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIkciQjUKkE
---
Big talkers are usually weak -Dart
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#64AputiPosted 10/10/2012 5:32:58 PM
Those 4 characters are loved by many. SuperBot well knows this and I doubt they cut them out. I believe either they'll be secret unlockables or DLC.

If there are DLC then I do believe Sony forced them to make it as DLC (supporting this would be that a Sony rep was the first person to confirm there was only going to be 20 characters) or because it took a long time to get the say go by the original company and so they didn't have time to finish them.
---
Asking once only makes you want it more
#65ChocoboDreamsPosted 10/10/2012 5:40:05 PM
Big_Kahn2 posted...
I'd be happy if those four were in to be honest.

And finally I hope this crushes every Gravity Rush fanboy's dream now. It's over. Get over it.

Even if Paul is a fraud and if that letter is a fake, it just shows that everyone knows what REAL gamers want and not what casuals want.

Since Paul is a fraud though this is automatically fake. At least he has good tastes in characters though.

It doesn't take a casual to want Gravity Rush represented. In fact, quite the opposite. That's like saying it takes a casual to want Okami represented, just because it doesn't have commercial success backing it.

That you call yourself a "real gamer" and then think you have the nerve to bash on other people's opinions is proof that you're nothing more than part of the modern day corruption of the video game community.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#66Pieman0920Posted 10/10/2012 5:42:54 PM
Given how implausible that list of characters is, combined with the fact that he's contradicting stuff he said earlier (like the females thing) I do wonder what exactly it will take for people to get it that he's a fake (or gullible enough to fall for someone's fake information and then glorify it)
---
(9^_^)--------0(x_X^)
Official ungrateful jerk of GameFAQs.
#67ArmedDragoonPosted 10/10/2012 5:58:11 PM
Aputi posted...
Those 4 characters are loved by many. SuperBot well knows this and I doubt they cut them out. I believe either they'll be secret unlockables or DLC.

If there are DLC then I do believe Sony forced them to make it as DLC (supporting this would be that a Sony rep was the first person to confirm there was only going to be 20 characters) or because it took a long time to get the say go by the original company and so they didn't have time to finish them.

At this point, I find it hard to believe that Superbot has any idea what people want.
---
Big talkers are usually weak -Dart
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#68SSBR10Posted 10/10/2012 6:39:48 PM(edited)
I really wouldn't have wanted any Street Fighter characters but everyone else was just perfect.

I'd say it's too early to get mad at this point. I don't think Paul Gale is a liar and I don't know exactly what's going on with Superbot and Sony but in the end, there's still DLC so I don't think ALL hope is lost for those characters.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#69Chzrm3Posted 10/10/2012 6:37:39 PM
SSBR10 posted...
I really wouldn't have wanted any Street Fighter characters but everyone else was just perfect.

I'd say it's too early to get mad at this point. I don't think Paul Gale is a liar and I don't exactly what's going with Superbot and Sony but in the end, there's still DLC so I don't think ALL hope is lost for those characters.

Yeah, it's just heart-breaking. I dunno man, I'm just having visions of them at a meeting saying "okay, so we're going to cut Spyro and Ico, and we'll get started developing Raiden and Dante... everyone on board with this? : D" and it's killing me.

I also thought wanting Chun-Li in this game was a pipe-dream, so to know that she was actually up for discussion and was at one point Paul Gale's 3rd female... that's a suckerpunch in the guts. >_<

You're right, the one redeeming thing here is that when it's time for DLC, these characters will hopefully be rolled out. I'm thinking that not much work was even done on them, perhaps just a little and then the cuts were made when they realized they wanted to go for 20 instead of 26.

And yeah, if they pull a surprise and say there's day-1 DLC with Paul Gale's final four, I'll poop my pants. XD

Chun-Li.... @_@
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#70Omega_Zero_XPPosted 10/10/2012 6:39:11 PM
Cmon SB. You KNOW there is fan demand for these characters! Get them in!
---
Its a wonderful world... this world that ends with you.
That's the last of my post. Stop reading. Stop reading right now. NOW! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING!!!!