Just Played the Demo At Best Buy (Analysis of All 4 Characters)

#1TheAgent41Posted 10/21/2012 4:31:00 PM
I just got back from playing the demo at my local Best Buy. Obviously, it only had Kratos, PaRappa, Big Daddy, and Jak as character; Metropolis and Hades as stages. After playing at least 20 matches, I can say one thing in five words:

BIG. DADDY. IS. A. BEAST.

---Big Daddy Analysis
I mean, I played 14 matches with Big Daddy, and only lost once (and even then, I only lost by 2 points.) His Forward Triangle, Forward Triangle (Air), and Down Triangle are his best moves by far, although I never found myself using the Plasmids at all. I never used any of his Circle or Square moves, as his Triangle moves are the only ones you even need. So I basically used 3 attacks all 14 matches, and STILL owned all but one person (PaRappa, who won by getting me with his Level 1). He's not as slow as everyone says he is. My high score with him was 13, and I once got 4 kills with his Level 2 and 2 with his Level 1. I also used his Level 3 twice, getting 4 kills each time. A good combo for Big Daddy is his Triangle X3 combo, followed by his Down Triangle.

---Kratos Analysis
The first time I played with Kratos, I lost. However, the next 3-4 times I played him, I got first. He took me two tries to get the hang of, and I have to agree that he needs to be nerfed a bit. My high score with him was 22 (as well as only dying once in that same match). I managed to get 6 kills with his Level 3. I really only found myself using his Square moves, his Up Circle, and his Down Triangle. Really, all that needs to happen is shorten the length of his Level 3. Other than that, he's fine.

---PaRappa Analysis
I SUCK with PaRappa. I played once with him, and got last. People say he's amazing, but I just couldn't get the hang of him. I never reached his Level 3, but I did get his Level 2 once.

---Jak Analysis
Jak is also a beast, though (in my opinion), not as much as Big Daddy. His Down Square is great for trolling people and "farming" AP out of people. His Down Triangle, Neutral Circle, Forward Circle, and Up Circle are really great. A good combo would be Up Circle + Up Square + Forward Square (Air). His Level 1 is amazing, and I once got 3 kills with it. His Level 2 leaves a lot to be desired, although maybe that's because I only got 1 kill with it. His Level 3 is really good, as I got a full 3 kills with it. My high score with Jak was 18.

Overall, PSASBR is (IMO) better than Smash in pretty much every way.
---
I'm Your Host, TheAgent41!
#2Q_BlahPosted 10/21/2012 4:35:12 PM
Too bad Big Daddy is not in the Vita Demo Beta. He looks like fun to try out.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#3LilCrimsonNemoPosted 10/21/2012 4:36:24 PM
I can't wait to play as Big Daddy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YyBDDL-30&feature=relmfu
Official Sir Little Turd of the Allucaneet Kingdom
#4TheAgent41(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 4:38:52 PM
Q_Blah posted...

He was. Definitely my favorite of the four I played as.
---
#5DarkFistsPosted 10/21/2012 4:42:21 PM
LilCrimsonNemo posted...
I can't wait to play as Big Daddy.

Agreed. He's one of the characters that I plan on "maining"
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#6vital_tundraPosted 10/21/2012 4:44:25 PM
Makes me wanna play as Big Daddy so much.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#7TheAgent41(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 5:01:09 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Makes me wanna play as Big Daddy so much.

Big Daddy is a god in the hands of the right person, but he can suck otherwise.
---
#83D3Posted 10/21/2012 5:12:33 PM
TheAgent41 posted...
Q_Blah posted...

He's not in Vita beta.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#9TheAgent41(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 5:19:22 PM
3D3 posted...
TheAgent41 posted...
Q_Blah posted...

He's not in Vita beta.

No I meant he was really fun to try out.
---
#10EtroAnimePosted 10/21/2012 5:21:45 PM
I liked Big Daddy as well, but he is hard to get use to and is slow but he is amazing at control space so the makes up for his speed. I love how he can freeze people and that can set up some kills. Using his air attacks and forward triangle can get him around the maps pretty quickly though. Glad you enjoyed the demo though, my favorite out of the four was Jak though, that level three is crazy.
---
PSN: Rammel29