PSASBR and SSB... the fundamental design differences

#21NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 10:01:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22IrokouPosted 11/5/2012 10:04:44 PM
lucapit posted...
Its kinda true. Once ssbb4 comes out for wii u, psabr will be forgotten....i will just play this game until the new ssbb comes out.

Yep, only fanboys would think otherwise. Sad really.
#23hadoken_zeroPosted 11/5/2012 10:05:29 PM
holysquid posted...
hadoken_zero posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
hadoken_zero posted...
Also, this game does have tilt attacks, what are you talking about?

If it does they're not listed on the Website, and I never got one to work in the Beta.

It has directional attacks, which is what a tilt attack in SSB is?
It doesn't have dash attacks though..

Tilt attacks are different from directional attacks. Tilt refers to the light tilt of the analog stick in combination with the A button to perform a "tilt attack"

For example, if you are walking (not running) and you press A in while holding the analog stick forward, you'll perform your forward tilt attack. Same goes with crouching, but with jumping it requires the light tilt otherwise you'll just jump (unless you disable up-jumping).

Then either smashes or tilts are the same as directional attacks?
I always treated them as the same thing..
Unless you're saying that SSB doesn't actually have directional attacks..
Seems like such a strange and pointless technicality..
---
(type signature here)
#24TaizukuPosted 11/5/2012 10:06:01 PM
Irokou posted...
lucapit posted...
Its kinda true. Once ssbb4 comes out for wii u, psabr will be forgotten....i will just play this game until the new ssbb comes out.

You mean to tell me that no two fighting games are ever played at once?
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#25tscooktPosted 11/5/2012 10:09:13 PM
I don't think this game can really be called a "rip-off" because at least to me, that implies this game would never have been created if it weren't for smash bros tone there for inspiration. And that just simply cannot be proven, it just took Sony longer to build up a quality roster to make this game. Does this game draw some of its inspiration from SSB? Definitely. That does not mean this game could not have been done without SSB being done first.
This game is not a ripoff, merely late to the game (lame pun was definitely intended)
#26SSBR10Posted 11/5/2012 10:09:53 PM
Irokou posted...
lucapit posted...

I hope you two realize that SSB4 is still a long ways off so yeah...be playing PSASBR for a heck of a long time...or miss out on the fun everyone else will be having until then.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#27holysquidPosted 11/5/2012 10:12:18 PM
hadoken_zero posted...
holysquid posted...
hadoken_zero posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
hadoken_zero posted...

If it does they're not listed on the Website, and I never got one to work in the Beta.

Tilt attacks are different from directional attacks. Tilt refers to the light tilt of the analog stick in combination with the A button to perform a "tilt attack"

For example, if you are walking (not running) and you press A in while holding the analog stick forward, you'll perform your forward tilt attack. Same goes with crouching, but with jumping it requires the light tilt otherwise you'll just jump (unless you disable up-jumping).

I was thinking of "directional attacks" as the smash attacks, which tilt attacks are different from.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#28lucapitPosted 11/5/2012 10:13:26 PM
Iroku how am i a fanboy when i play on both nintendo and sony systems. Sir you obviously dont know the real meaning of a fanboy..you just got offened by my comment..thats all.
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461) PSN-
mang-ekoo Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#29blaze19_0XPosted 11/5/2012 10:15:46 PM(edited)
hadoken_zero posted...
holysquid posted...
hadoken_zero posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
hadoken_zero posted...

No. They aren't the same thing. Allow me to clear up the mystery.

Tilt attacks are completely different from Smash attacks.

Smash attacks are executed either with the c-stick or by pressing A and a direction at the exact same time. To do tilt attacks you TILT the analog stick, you don't slam it down. So if I tilt the stick slightly forward plus the A button, a completely different attack to forward Smash will come out.

Another way to do it is to simply be holding down a direction and then press A. The point is, you can't do the direction and A at the same time, otherwise a Smash attack will come out. Every character has side tilts, down tilts and up tilts. These are NOT the same moves as smash attacks.

So in short TC was right. Smash has tilts, this doesn't. No matter how you press the direction, only 1 type of attack will come out.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#30TerraponPosted 11/5/2012 10:15:51 PM
If this is a ripoff of SSB then SSB is a ripoff of any fighting platform game before it. they both just so happen to be fighting platform games based on characters of their publishers universe fighting each other. All your doing is complaining when you say its a ripoff. Oh and anyone that thinks other wise is a delusional nintendo idiotendo. -_- Because i have the right to tell how they feel and how they are.
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)