PSASBR and SSB... the fundamental design differences

#41SaduhemPosted 11/5/2012 9:51:53 PM
A blind argument. They both have health bars, combo systems, chargeable supers... uhm... some of the characters look VERY similar too. Even the imput for the moves is basically the same. Some characters have to charge up, some have the fireball motion and punch. There are more differences between PSASBR and Smash than between KOF and SF. If not, correct me.
#42ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/5/2012 10:09:11 PM
Saduhem posted...
A blind argument. They both have health bars, combo systems, chargeable supers... uhm... some of the characters look VERY similar too. Even the imput for the moves is basically the same. Some characters have to charge up, some have the fireball motion and punch. There are more differences between PSASBR and Smash than between KOF and SF. If not, correct me.

None of which means anything in the face of one simple fact; Nintendo has already done a mash-up of their iconic characters, and has been doing this for a long time now. Sony decides to do the same thing. Okay. It also just happens to be a brawler, remarkably similar to it's source material outside of it's core mechanics.

The differences are there; that doesn't mean it isn't a rip-off. Playstation All-Stars would have -never- existed if it wasn't for Smash Bros, or at the very least it would have been terrible because they wouldn't have had the ground-work already laid out for them.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#43SaduhemPosted 11/5/2012 10:38:24 PM
Explain me why KoF and SF are not ripoffs of each other then.
#44trollhunter2Posted 11/6/2012 8:23:16 AM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Saduhem posted...

None of which means anything in the face of one simple fact; Nintendo has already done a mash-up of their iconic characters, and has been doing this for a long time now. Sony decides to do the same thing. Okay. It also just happens to be a brawler, remarkably similar to it's source material outside of it's core mechanics.

The differences are there; that doesn't mean it isn't a rip-off. Playstation All-Stars would have -never- existed if it wasn't for Smash Bros, or at the very least it would have been terrible because they wouldn't have had the ground-work already laid out for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF8o2wE0Xjk
sega did a mascot brawler way before nintnedo so your arguement is invalid oh and ssb gameplay here take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxapXSAijw
namco invented this kind of fighting way before nintnedo
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#45SaduhemPosted 11/6/2012 8:33:48 AM
Makes no sense. Street fighter was made by capcom in 1987, while SNK didn't make KoF till 1994. It's the same thing. The games work the same way and they're not ripoffs according to everyone here, but battle royale is. That's just bias.
#46SaduhemPosted 11/6/2012 8:49:13 AM
trollhunter2 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Saduhem posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF8o2wE0Xjk
sega did a mascot brawler way before nintnedo so your arguement is invalid oh and ssb gameplay here take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxapXSAijw
namco invented this kind of fighting way before nintnedo

Cool :} Didn't know about the sega mashup :}