What's the general opinion everyone has?

#31RainbowsaurusPosted 11/7/2012 4:15:44 AM
I love this game already, and I love every character in it. I'll spend as much money as I like on DLC, and nobody's opinions are gonna make me avoid this. :3
---
I'm going for it!
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus|XBL:(Coming Soon)|Wii/DS/3DS FC:Message me :D
#32MrTacoPosted 11/7/2012 4:32:17 AM
Irokou posted...
DarknessEnvoker posted...
Played the Beta, noticed immediately it was a Super Smash Bros rip off.

Does Sony have the capacity to come up with original ideas anymore?

Sadly no and It's a shame.Smash is king.

Get a room...
#33megaman_xdudePosted 11/7/2012 4:42:02 AM
I think the game is at least better than super smash bros brawl (Wait for the complete version to compare it to melee). But other than that I think the game is fun, its different and in my little opinion PASBR is a little more that a "Smash Clone". But I have three issues: the roster is rather bad with more new mainstream characters than the true all-stars and the balance, wasn't looking good with the army of Kratos' I've seen online and speaking of online and I said this before, the future of online will be plagued with nothing but Kratos's and Raidens.
---
--I'm a warrior, I destroy Trollers and Fanboys with the power of common sense...
a power they don't possess!
#34Pawkie07Posted 11/7/2012 5:33:43 AM
getting a chance to play the game with the "beta" version saved me money.
#35trollhunter2Posted 11/7/2012 5:34:17 AM

So it does play like ssbb or what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#36vanni_boiPosted 11/7/2012 6:49:40 AM

I played the beta too and i can say it's far from SSB. But they do share similarities.
As a long time SSB player, here's what differences you may initially notice.

In SSB, you have to increase your opponent's % in order to knock them out of the ring a lot easier. This will earn you a kill (+1). Dying will net you a negative point (-1)

In All Stars, damage against the opponent doesn't exist. Instead your attacks allow you to increase your special meter. No amount of basic moves you do will kill your opponent. you can hit the all day and they won't die. Rather you have to use your supers (and land them properly) that you accumulate with your special meter in order to net you that +1.

Regarding stages, I only played in 2 maps, and i believe that there isn't a ring out possible for All stars (please correct me if i'm wrong). Both maps had a closed environment. Which can lead you to assume that the triple jump doesn't exist since there isn't really a need for map recoveries.

Items are present so it's just like the smash series. They get the job done, but again they don't kill but just increase your super meter.

There are plenty of differences between the two but in all i think All stars separates itself from SSB especially terms of play style. Can i say that All stars will be good? I can't really say, I had fun with the beta enough for me to keep my preorder, but i still feel ssbb was the far superior game.
---
Brawl FC 5327 1184 8165 (KS - SideB) // PSN: vanniboi
#37Ace2792Posted 11/7/2012 7:20:55 AM
Despite all of the negative feedback, the game is quite good. The starting rooster is diverse, with both 1st and 3rd party characters, equipped with some cool looking costumes. Each character has his own play style, despite sly and radek level 3 being similar, along with Parappa and fat princess level 2.

The feeling of the game is nothing like Smash. Everyone wants it to be it's Wii counterpart, but it isn't, and the sooner people realize this the better. Honestly, I think if they made it an exact replica, people would complain about it, so SB took another route -the correct one. This was made for PS3 gamers who enjoy playing Smash, but did not want to buy a Wii for one game. It's fun and worth a buy. People these days are focused on bashing a game, finding the smallest thing to complain about, when in reality games were made to have fun. Rather it's packed with entertainment, or just something to keep you satisfied until a major title comes out.

Another thing. I was reading about how people were going to abuse the cross buy feature. Before you do anything, stop. Think. If you abuse this now, Sony will retaliate so fast. The feature will be disband and your games will probably be locked once they figure it out. We all know Sony isn't the type to just roll over and let people cheat their business. Look what happened a week after the PS3 was hacked? They took the guy to court. And the incident with other OS. They took that away quickly. So be careful when trying to find the easy, cheapest way out.
---
PSN: Silver_ShadoWolf (Storm 2: Kirin Sasuke and Neji)
GT: ShadoGhostNinja
#38EurashalPosted 11/7/2012 7:28:20 AM
It's fun, but I do have some issues with hitboxes and netcode. Stuff like Radec's level 2 and Sly's level 1 can hit you despite visually being out of range. And the constant teleporting can be very, very irritating. Ok it's teleporting or slowdown but it's still irritating.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72
#39indigna7ionPosted 11/7/2012 7:44:16 AM
I love the game from the beta but also the live stream the other day was real nice too.
#40LeetProGamerPosted 11/7/2012 7:45:54 AM
Pawkie07 posted...
getting a chance to play the game with the "beta" version saved me money.

Why?