People are whining about there being 2 Coles?

#31NewMoonShadowPosted 11/7/2012 5:55:30 PM(edited)
Irokou posted...
Yep superbot took the easy way out. Bad roster made worse with a touch of evil. Smash has all the great characters in their roster so clones don't stick out as badly. Lol sony ponies, get ready for pricy dlc to repair this travesty.

One of those great characters was a half-assed clone who was only in Melee because he happened to look mildly similar to Captain Falcon and wasn't improved whatsoever in Brawl.

At least Evil Cole is SUPPOSED to fight halfway like Good Cole, they didn't make Solid Snake fight like Redec or something stupid like that.
#328BombermanPosted 11/7/2012 5:52:05 PM
Yes Nintendo does have that, but we expected better from Sony
#33Robot_SoopaPosted 11/7/2012 6:26:46 PM
Just because your competitor does it doesn't give you a free pass.

That's stupid and it always has been.

Having two Coles was dumb and bound to piss people off when you've got such a small roster. It doesn't matter how different they play, people are going to see it as a wasted spot when anybody else from any other series could have gotten in.
#34jellybeanmasterPosted 11/7/2012 6:34:13 PM
Lol who plays Brawl?
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#35heartlesshero17Posted 11/7/2012 7:00:20 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
Lol who plays Brawl?

*raises hand*

I do
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#36Gsus_94Posted 11/7/2012 7:11:29 PM(edited)
Well, there's also the fact that the first game of smash didnt have any clones. Also, if you take out the clones from brawl, it would still have more characters than this game does...

EDIT: I will admit that Luigi was somewhat of a clone in the first game, but still
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311
#37sin_shenronPosted 11/7/2012 7:28:36 PM
Charizard18 posted...

Okay...what? This makes no sense. At all. First, you'd rather have clone than two different characters who play very different? Second...you contradicted yourself. Smash has several characters who are the same person with the same moveset. Only ones who are different are the Star Fox guys, Falcon/Ganon, and Ness/Lucas. Then you've got Dr. Mario, Toon and Young Link, and Pikachu/Pichu, who you can't argue are different because they're from the same family of Pokemon. If it was Pikachu and Plusle or Minun, then you could argue it. Different family, but still cloned like Pichu.

...Wait, why did I just bother responding to that? I must be too tired to think straight...

Toon Link and Young Link are the same person? (and did they appeared in the same game? when? where?)

Pikachu and Pichu are the same pokemon?

Ness and Lucas are the same character?

Seriously WTF?.....

Also Brawl only missed MewTwo and Roy but added tons of other characters (and more or less we can state the same about Melee in itīs time it had avery complete roster) and even 2 guest characters like Sonic or Snake, instead this game is missing lots of important characters... but we got 2 Coles and Big Daddy :/ Do you see the difference?
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#38NewMoonShadowPosted 11/7/2012 7:34:36 PM
Gsus_94 posted...
Well, there's also the fact that the first game of smash didnt have any clones.

Luigi.

Also, if you take out the clones from brawl, it would still have more characters than this game does...

Brawl was the third game in the series. By the third game the roster for any fighting game is larger than the roster for any first-game fighter will ever be... as long as it's not the cheapest third game in the history of fighting games.

Besides, if you took the clones out of Melee, it has 20 characters, just as many as PSASBR does.

EDIT: I will admit that Luigi was somewhat of a clone in the first game, but still

But still nothing. Evil Cole is less of a clone than any of the Melee clones, even Ganondorf from Brawl is more of a clone than Evil Cole is, and Cole's literally the SAME CHARACTER.
#39howiehiewPosted 11/7/2012 7:39:43 PM
Evil Cole looks fun.I like fun. Therefor I like Evil Cole. Isn't life just wonderful when you keep things simple.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#40JunDagekiPosted 11/7/2012 10:47:37 PM
It's because Smash has approximately almost 40 characters in the roster that fulfills the wants of almost every Nintendo fans with all the popular and classic franchises represented. so 2 or 3 clones are easily forgivable.

while PSASBR the roster is limited to 20 and the poor choices are simply disappointing for many, Making Cole take another spot twice as a poor excuse to increase the number of the roster just destroys the hopes for Playstation fans of wanting a real playstation all star game like smash does.

that's how i see the situation and i find this understandable.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.