DLC will have everything launch characters have- Seth Killian

#31pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 2:18:38 PM
rumbalumba posted...
pixel378 posted...
Rumba, I don't care if I have to pay for stuff as long as its characters I want.

I'm sure most here think the same or else you wouldn't be the only one crying out against it.

This topic isn't about that.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64471223

see that? almost half says it's a ripoff. i hardly call 58% as "most". that's like saying a 58 grade is an A-.

You spun that poll your way so its invalid. It also has no bearing because it is not confirmed that scenario is what happened. Your acting like they have these characters totally done and all and are just waiting to gouge us. This is hardly the case. They might have got the permission late, or just didnt have them developed in time.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#32Haku125Posted 11/8/2012 2:18:59 PM
Man i love seth killian. he sint like the other developers who would just say "stay tuned". he geniunly cares about his fanbase. I bet when they decided 20 was the launch roster he objected because he knew we wouldnt be happy
---
Superbot: 20 characters is our launch roster SNARF SNARF
#33AndKevinBaconPosted 11/8/2012 2:19:43 PM
"We haven't announced a Final Fantasy character yet. Stay tuned."

So Lightning has been planned DLC all along...
#34geneocidePosted 11/8/2012 2:22:47 PM
rumbalumba posted...
taoxadasa posted...
rumbalumba posted...
well, if you're working on something and you get it done before going gold, what stops you from putting it in? they said they would put everything they could. if they really meant it, they could've put those DLC content that they're gonna reveal 17 days after the game's launch. again, if they could they would. but they didn't. in the end they were just lying to their fanbase. if you can't put everything that you've worked on on the disc, then don't go out there misleading people.

Maybe because they are still working on DLC? Is it really that hard to understand?

let's say Snake is DLC. you mean to tell me, Snake is the last one they worked on, for 3 years? come on.

also, stop making excuses for SuperBot. everytime someone asks Crash, people like you go to great lengths and explain in detail why this is this and that is that like you know everything that has happened. then if someone says Crash is paid DLC you guys go "oh yeah well Omar said he'll be free so he MUST be free!". you guys are bipolar. one minute, SuperBot has no power over Crash, then the other SuperBot suddenly says Crash is free therefore he instantly becomes free.

Why? People make up excuses for Obama all the time.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
#35taoxadasaPosted 11/8/2012 2:23:35 PM
rumbalumba posted...
let's say Snake is DLC. you mean to tell me, Snake is the last one they worked on, for 3 years? come on.

No... I'm pretty sure they would have to worry about making the actual game before starting work on dlc. At the most they probably have been working on dlc characters for a few months or so.
#36rumbalumbaPosted 11/8/2012 2:27:53 PM
pixel378 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
pixel378 posted...
Rumba, I don't care if I have to pay for stuff as long as its characters I want.

I'm sure most here think the same or else you wouldn't be the only one crying out against it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64471223

see that? almost half says it's a ripoff. i hardly call 58% as "most". that's like saying a 58 grade is an A-.

You spun that poll your way so its invalid. It also has no bearing because it is not confirmed that scenario is what happened. Your acting like they have these characters totally done and all and are just waiting to gouge us. This is hardly the case. They might have got the permission late, or just didnt have them developed in time.

come on. 3 years of bargaining to get a character, or having no time to make them?

stop kidding me. they aren't gonna make a new character 2 years in. if they're gonna make a character, they would've started work on them 2 years ago. do you seriously think, that they made Drake or Sweet Tooth a year ago? these characters have been there for at least 2 years. no one's gonna go back to the drawing board 2 years into a project saying "we need this character go and create them". a character's inclusion is supposed to be made at the beginning of a project, not at the end. do you even know the work, time, and effort used to put in just to have a character? concept art, 3d render, texture work, animations for running, hitting, getting hit, etc., voicework, sound effects, hitboxes, movelist, supers, cutscenes, unlockables, minions, different metrics for jump height, movement speed, AP generation, QA testing for surface collision, bugs, issues, etc. and most importantly balancing issues with other characters. and you're telling me that these DLC characters have only been worked on the past months or so that's why they can't put them in? you have got to be kidding me.
#37rumbalumbaPosted 11/8/2012 2:31:17 PM
taoxadasa posted...
rumbalumba posted...

No... I'm pretty sure they would have to worry about making the actual game before starting work on dlc. At the most they probably have been working on dlc characters for a few months or so.

that is highly unlikely. and that would be understandable for someone like Kat. remember, they started this project 2-3 years ago. Gravity Rush wasn't even out in the market, the Vita wasn't even announced so of course Kat's inclusion is out of the question.

but if we'll get someone like Snake, Cloud, or Wander as DLC and SuperBot says they worked on them last-minute and they couldn't put them in, that's just big-time bollocks.
#38MaKoTiS_MoNPosted 11/8/2012 2:32:14 PM
rumbalumba posted...
pixel378 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
pixel378 posted...

come on. 3 years of bargaining to get a character, or having no time to make them?

stop kidding me. they aren't gonna make a new character 2 years in. if they're gonna make a character, they would've started work on them 2 years ago. do you seriously think, that they made Drake or Sweet Tooth a year ago? these characters have been there for at least 2 years. no one's gonna go back to the drawing board 2 years into a project saying "we need this character go and create them". a character's inclusion is supposed to be made at the beginning of a project, not at the end. do you even know the work, time, and effort used to put in just to have a character? concept art, 3d render, texture work, animations for running, hitting, getting hit, etc., voicework, sound effects, hitboxes, movelist, supers, cutscenes, unlockables, minions, different metrics for jump height, movement speed, AP generation, QA testing for surface collision, bugs, issues, etc. and most importantly balancing issues with other characters. and you're telling me that these DLC characters have only been worked on the past months or so that's why they can't put them in? you have got to be kidding me.

I gotta say, Rumba usually has good points in these discussions. I agree with what he's said.
---
White FC - 1163 - 6851 - 8335
#39Raven-ZPosted 11/8/2012 2:35:28 PM
Rumba, since you said that Polygon Man wasn't the final.boss, I can't really accept anything you say.

If Activision had to make Crash and Spyro DLC so they could control the per-download profits, so be it.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#40Chzrm3Posted 11/8/2012 2:44:08 PM
It's true that it takes a long time to make a character, but that doesn't mean they're holding characters out of the game. I think it's entirely possible that they just didn't finish them all by the deadline, and were faced with either delaying the game another couple months (which nobody wants, let's be honest), or putting the game out now and then finishing up those remaining characters and pushing them out as DLC.

Game development almost always takes longer than initially planned because of the QA process. We've seen first-hand how many iterations the beta of the game has gone through, ranging from UI changes to art assets like the exploding PS symbols to character balance. That all siphons time away from the juicy things like creating characters, but it's also very necessary for them to take care of the core game and make it functional.

Nobody wants the game to be delayed indefinitely, either. There's always more you can put into a game, because different teams work at different paces. Perhaps the art guys had made the background for another stage or the model for another character, but the programmers were bogged down with other stuff and just weren't there.

Either way, I think it's wrong to assume Superbot would hold out characters because all that does is make their initial game less impressive. This game's success isn't set in stone - it can very possibly fail. So if they had characters, especially big ticket characters like Crash or Cloud, and they intentionally withheld them for a month just to make some extra DLC, all they'd be doing is hurting their bottom line.

If it's about money, then leaving Crash or Cloud in the game is more money. Simply put, the game sells more copies and attracts more people with them in it. There's no sense in having $10 DLC for characters if nobody bought your game in the first place.

That's why I'm pretty sure that Superbot's being straight with us. You're right - they didn't start working on the DLC characters today. But there's no way they'd hold out some of the best characters if they were fully functional and ready to go, because that could easily sink the game and then this was all for nothing.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.