DLC will have everything launch characters have- Seth Killian

#51Charizard18Posted 11/8/2012 2:32:46 PM
zxelman posted...
Chzrm3 never ceases to receive approval.

If only that sig wasn't clouding his rep.

Then again, that's part of who he is.

Chzrm3 master race
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
Support Project Crystallis! http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#52Bleach313Posted 11/8/2012 3:03:19 PM
I think I need to put some sense into what Rumba is explaining about DLC and the time.

Street Fighter X Tekken is the BEST example to use for this. SFxTK when it first released turned out beautiful but then about a day after people had it they discovered their was characters ALREADY ON THE DISK. That means those characters were already made and could be put on disk, but Capcom decided to hold them off and get a profit by selling them. That is an example of a company holding back characters and not putting everything on peoples game.

Like what Rumba is saying it takes a LONG time to make a character, so their is NO WAY that SB could make a character within like 2 weeks and sell them. Who knows maybe SB is holding out on us and just put them as DLC later. Who knows maybe they're completely done with the game right now and is hard at work on DLC characters as we speak. Either way that SFxTK example is the best at explaining game companies holding out because of the extra profit of DLC.

Anyways I just hope that the future DLC is actually good DLC. Maybe something in the JRPG genre. *cough* Persona or Disgaea *cough*
#53blaze19_0XPosted 11/8/2012 3:09:40 PM
Bleach313 posted...
I think I need to put some sense into what Rumba is explaining about DLC and the time.

Street Fighter X Tekken is the BEST example to use for this. SFxTK when it first released turned out beautiful but then about a day after people had it they discovered their was characters ALREADY ON THE DISK. That means those characters were already made and could be put on disk, but Capcom decided to hold them off and get a profit by selling them. That is an example of a company holding back characters and not putting everything on peoples game.

Like what Rumba is saying it takes a LONG time to make a character, so their is NO WAY that SB could make a character within like 2 weeks and sell them. Who knows maybe SB is holding out on us and just put them as DLC later. Who knows maybe they're completely done with the game right now and is hard at work on DLC characters as we speak. Either way that SFxTK example is the best at explaining game companies holding out because of the extra profit of DLC.

Anyways I just hope that the future DLC is actually good DLC. Maybe something in the JRPG genre. *cough* Persona or Disgaea *cough*

Superbot is definitely holding back characters.

Ever company does this nowadays so people have just accepted it.

The point is those characters are not the big 5 because they wouldn't be worth holding back as initial game sales would suffer too much as they are going to.

I'll be shocked if any of the big 5 end up being DLC, it just seems so unlikely.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#54GuitaristMattPosted 11/8/2012 3:12:40 PM
DLC character packs are very likely, not just one at a time. I've never seen that happen, except in SCIV/V
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#55Chzrm3Posted 11/8/2012 3:17:42 PM
@Rumba, I agree with what you're saying, but;

blaze19_0X posted...
The point is those characters are not the big 5 because they wouldn't be worth holding back as initial game sales would suffer too much as they are going to.

I'll be shocked if any of the big 5 end up being DLC, it just seems so unlikely.

I also agree with this. I don't think the DLC characters Superbot has waiting for us are going to be Crash or Cloud. The more I hear about all this exclusive PS3 stuff for Assassin's Creed, the more likely I think it is that Ubisoft and Sony fell in love recently and they wanted to do a DLC character.

Seth also said that PS1 fans would like the DLC they had coming, but I think that was a quote from someone at that party and not an official blog post/comment, so it could be Paul Gale-styled wishful thinking. But since Seth did confirm on the blog that DLC characters will have a story mode option, it seems like they either need to come in pairs or rival one of the other people in the story, so there could be a PS1 rep and an AC character. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and it's something else entirely.

While it's true that Cloud and Crash being DLC would drive a lot of sales of the game, I just can't see Superbot having that up their sleeves when you look at their track record of third-party support. (I'd love to be wrong. : D)

zxelman posted...
Chzrm3 never ceases to receive approval.

If only that sig wasn't clouding his rep.

Then again, that's part of who he is.

Haha, that precarious sig of mine. I actually got a few PMs about it saying "that doesn't mean what you think it means!!!" : D
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#56shinobisBACKPosted 11/8/2012 3:42:16 PM
fighting game characters not fitting on the disc... its hilarious if people believe that bull. its actually mind blowing how stupid some people are.
#57blaze19_0XPosted 11/8/2012 3:44:37 PM
shinobisBACK posted...
fighting game characters not fitting on the disc... its hilarious if people believe that bull. its actually mind blowing how stupid some people are.

I don't think anyone believes they literally couldn't fit on disc. LOL
You'd have to have no idea how memory works or how much space a PS3 disc actually has.

What people mean by that statement is they weren't finished on time (which is also something I don't believe but is at least plausible).
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#58masterman97Posted 11/8/2012 4:46:50 PM
Godzillaheisei posted...
This is one of those games in which DLC will be a welcomed factor in which it will provide a better experience within this game.

Will we have to pay for some form of it? Most likely, yes. But at the point, I welcome it, just means more fun. And a supporting way to help ensure for a better chance at a sequel.

I agree here. The DLC here I won't cringe at like I would with Capcom. I think the DLC here will be reasonable and worthwhile, so i'll be gladly willing. Y'know, as long as I keep playing the game.

I do miss unlockable characters and stuff like that though, which needed certain requirements. But oh well.
---
Giga Drill Breaker