They used licensed music for the main theme of PSASBR? And Polygon Man?

#21zxelmanPosted 11/8/2012 4:34:48 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Selite posted...
I've been hearing that song on the radio for the past few months now. And I didn't know who Polygon Man was until I came on this board. Oh well, SuperBot will pay the price when this game flops - it still hasn't broken the Top 100 on Amazon. Even AC3:L did bettter.

You're well aware that this game will flop.

What possible reason do you have to continually post statements and topics stating this?

Just give it a rest for now and come back when it does flop with a single "I told you so" topic then be done with it.

Remember he's not just complaining about how it will flop. Like rumba, he'll attack any piece of information that remotely sounds iffy or just bad of the company.

If I were a mature adult, I wouldn't nitpick like some sort of concerned hipster that's secretly some hardcore fan that will buy the game.

I'd leave boards I hate, and I've said this multiple times before.

I think you need to look up the definition of nitpicking.

I won't leave this board because news SuperBot's community manager reads gamefaqs - he said so himself. And he needs to know what they are doing wrong.

Then say positive, non-sarcastic remarks about the game. I feel these threads are just made out of boredom.

If you won't leave this board because the community manager is reading GameFAQs, you are concerned in some way about this game.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#22NewMoonShadowPosted 11/8/2012 4:36:24 PM
Selite posted...
I've been hearing that song on the radio for the past few months now. And I didn't know who Polygon Man was until I came on this board. Oh well, SuperBot will pay the price when this game flops - it still hasn't broken the Top 100 on Amazon. Even AC3:L did bettter.

You're well aware that this game will flop.

What possible reason do you have to continually post statements and topics stating this?

Just give it a rest for now and come back when it does flop with a single "I told you so" topic then be done with it.

Remember he's not just complaining about how it will flop. Like rumba, he'll attack any piece of information that remotely sounds iffy or just bad of the company.

If I were a mature adult, I wouldn't nitpick like some sort of concerned hipster that's secretly some hardcore fan that will buy the game.

I'd leave boards I hate, and I've said this multiple times before.

I think you need to look up the definition of nitpicking.

I won't leave this board because news SuperBot's community manager reads gamefaqs - he said so himself. And he needs to know what they are doing wrong.

You complain that there aren't enough classic PS1 characters.

Then you complain that the very first PlayStation character in the history of the PlayStation brand is the final boss.

Pick one.
#23LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:49:45 PM(edited)

Then you complain that the very first PlayStation character in the history of the PlayStation brand is the final boss.

Pick one.

"Polygon Man was the former mascot for the Sony PlayStation in North America."

North America - that's a handful of countries only, right?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#24LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:50:18 PM
Hey Lumi, if the game succeeds and you personally enjoy it, what will you say? : o

I will.
---
#25NewMoonShadowPosted 11/8/2012 4:54:42 PM

Pick one.

"Polygon Man was the former mascot for the Sony PlayStation in North America."

North America - that's a handful of countries only, right?

I like how you seem to get your info from Wikipedia without reading it all.

Polygon Man was the former mascot for the Sony PlayStation in North America.[1] He appeared in the consoles pre-launch ads commenting on various launch games.

Pre-launch, meaning first character ever. That he was the NA mascot is irrelevant, he was out before the system was, here at least. I don't remember any requirement that a character has to be international to count. By that logic I don't know if the PS1 had any international mascots. Even Toro is pretty much Japanese-only.

Another interesting tidbit...

The character even enjoyed a limited run T-Shirt. Polygon Man was dropped before the launch of Sony’s first console[1] and replaced by a series of popular game characters starting with Sofia from Battle Arena Toshinden, Parappa the Rapper, and Crash Bandicoot.

To all you wondering why Parappa got in while other PS1 characters didn't? Here you go. Him, Toro, and Polygon Man were the only PS1 Mascots Sony owned.
#26LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:00:04 PM
Pre-launch, meaning first character ever. That he was the NA mascot is irrelevant, he was out before the system was, here at least. I don't remember any requirement that a character has to be international to count. By that logic I don't know if the PS1 had any international mascots. Even Toro is pretty much Japanese-only.

Why is it irrelevant? He's unknown to anyone in Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America. He doesn't make sense as a final boss for most of the world.

The PS1 did have international mascots - Crash and Spyro. Cloud represents the success of the PS.

To all you wondering why Parappa got in while other PS1 characters didn't? Here you go. Him, Toro, and Polygon Man were the only PS1 Mascots Sony owned.

Dude, come on - Parappa was in one game that sold 3M. That's it. It's cool that they added him but he's a niche character.
---
#27judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:01:12 PM

Why is it irrelevant? He's unknown to anyone in Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America. He doesn't make sense as a final boss for most of the world.

The PS1 did have international mascots - Crash and Spyro. Cloud represents the success of the PS.

Dude, come on - Parappa was in one game that sold 3M. That's it. It's cool that they added him but he's a niche character.

Parappa's the REAL mascot of the 3 you named -_-
---
I wish Suguri could be in PSASBR...-sigh-...
#28AndKevinBaconPosted 11/8/2012 5:06:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JKgXg.gif
#29zxelmanPosted 11/8/2012 5:07:21 PM
AndKevinBacon posted...
http://i.imgur.com/JKgXg.gif

I knew that was going to come.

And gawd for some reason I love it.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#30LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:07:39 PM
Parappa's the REAL mascot of the 3 you named -_-

Weird. There's no link that says that he was the PS mascot.
---