They used licensed music for the main theme of PSASBR? And Polygon Man?

#61Ebak_the_catPosted 11/8/2012 4:55:10 PM
For a game that involves people fighting each other.....I would have thought you'd want an intro of people....fighting each other...they're not exactly going to be skipping through fields of flowers together if its a fighting game.

If I see the opening of a game such as Sim City..and I see a video of a shootout in a cafe shop going on...I would feel like I'm starting up Call of Duty and not Sim City for example.

Maybe we should turn the question around. Rumba....what in your almighty perfect, benevolant and GENIUS mind...would you do for the intro, and if you just say "somthing different" I hope people mock you.
#62LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:56:04 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
...are you implying that Dissidia and MvC's openings were anything less than awesome? I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "generic" means.

Well, Dissidia has Cloud and Sephiroth so it was pretty awesome but after a while it starts to get boring. How many same-y intro will we be getting?

Your opinion.

My opinion that it's same-y? That's not an opinion.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#63judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 4:56:51 PM
...are you implying that Dissidia and MvC's openings were anything less than awesome? I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "generic" means.

Well, Dissidia has Cloud and Sephiroth so it was pretty awesome but after a while it starts to get boring. How many same-y intro will we be getting?

Your opinion.

My opinion that it's same-y? That's not an opinion.

It's your opinion that you THINK it's same-y
---
I wish Suguri could be in PSASBR...-sigh-...
#64LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:57:54 PM
For a game that involves people fighting each other.....I would have thought you'd want an intro of people....fighting each other...they're not exactly going to be skipping through fields of flowers together if its a fighting game.

If I see the opening of a game such as Sim City..and I see a video of a shootout in a cafe shop going on...I would feel like I'm starting up Call of Duty and not Sim City for example.

Maybe we should turn the question around. Rumba....what in your almighty perfect, benevolant and GENIUS mind...would you do for the intro, and if you just say "somthing different" I hope people mock you.

Do you remember that trailer that begins as an FPS and the person is killing dudes as he goes and you think it's an FPS but then the players gets CQCed by Old Snake and the game is in fact MGS4?
---
#65JollyBudaPosted 11/8/2012 4:57:59 PM
What mentally deficient people like Luminescent fail to comprehend is that in this day and age anything, let alone a video game, especially the first in a series, rarely can be created for the sake of art. There has to be profit to be made. Be thankful that we even have this game, albeit with some characters we would want missing. A majority of PlayStation's best have been represented, there is no need to act like such an entitled, arrogant, child.
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Vergil / Spencer, SSFIV:AE: Dudley
#66LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:58:55 PM

Nopes. It's an observation.
---
#673D3Posted 11/8/2012 4:59:08 PM
Cry moar lmao
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#68LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:59:46 PM
What mentally deficient people like Luminescent fail to comprehend is that in this day and age anything, let alone a video game, especially the first in a series, rarely can be created for the sake of art. There has to be profit to be made. Be thankful that we even have this game, albeit with some characters we would want missing. A majority of PlayStation's best have been represented, there is no need to act like such an entitled, arrogant, child.

Learn to read.
---
#69judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:01:02 PM

Nopes. It's an observation.

Actually, some people may think they're not same-y XD
---
I wish Suguri could be in PSASBR...-sigh-...
#70Ebak_the_catPosted 11/8/2012 5:02:03 PM

Do you remember that trailer that begins as an FPS and the person is killing dudes as he goes and you think it's an FPS but then the players gets CQCed by Old Snake and the game is in fact MGS4?

That's a trailer, we are talking about an intro to a game. That was a very clever piece of marketing by Konami to dupe us into thinkign we are seing one game...when infact we're seeing another.

How would that work exactly for PSASBR? As I say...its a fighting game..you want to show people fighting.