How do people feel about the lack of environments in the cutscenes PSASBR?

#31LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:34:25 PM
Okay, just watched the video, never seen it before actually..that is an environment. Most crossover fighters have a stage where the characters duke it out with their rivals or the boss in a very specific stage. Seth had one in SFIV, M Bison and Akuma in SFII etc. Presumably the rival battle takes place right before the battle with Polygon man..therefore you give him his own unique Playstation themed stage to do battle with the rival.

Furthermore as I said in another topic, it solves the problem over which rival goes into who's world...cause immediately you'd be making a statement about who is in charge..when really no rival should be in charge in the fight.

This isn't a pure fighting game. It's supposed to be a celebration of Playstation. Also, you give Polygon Man, a North American mascot for the PS1, an environment based on the PS3's menu background?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#32Dragongreen547Posted 11/8/2012 5:35:34 PM(edited)
Omar did kinda explain why it is like this. The environment is playstation stripped down to it's essence. All the characters have their respected worlds, but this is kind of like the intersection to each other's worlds. Yeah, something like that.
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#33Ebak_the_catPosted 11/8/2012 5:35:09 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

That's a very good reason to have no environment whatsoever.

Hmmmmm...really? So using a nostalgic blue for the boss arena which you depict as not a stage...isn't a good reason to have an environment. Why not stop there...I'm sure everyone would be happy to know Nostalgia is thrown out the window..lets not have Crash as DLC....or even Nathan Drake in the game..lets throw out the WHOLE cast since this game is not based on nostalgia in any way and just make a brand new fighting franchise....
#34LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:36:24 PM(edited)
So, you're basing all of this from one cutscene and a picture. Yup, pretty conclusive to me Sherlock Holmes

Yes. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Edit: It's based off of the intro, a cutscene and a picture.

---
#35judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:35:38 PM
Okay, just watched the video, never seen it before actually..that is an environment. Most crossover fighters have a stage where the characters duke it out with their rivals or the boss in a very specific stage. Seth had one in SFIV, M Bison and Akuma in SFII etc. Presumably the rival battle takes place right before the battle with Polygon man..therefore you give him his own unique Playstation themed stage to do battle with the rival.

Furthermore as I said in another topic, it solves the problem over which rival goes into who's world...cause immediately you'd be making a statement about who is in charge..when really no rival should be in charge in the fight.

This isn't a pure fighting game. It's supposed to be a celebration of Playstation. Also, you give Polygon Man, a North American mascot for the PS1, an environment based on the PS3's menu background?

Yep :D
---
I wish Suguri could be in PSASBR...-sigh-...
#36LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:36:46 PM

Makes sense. Just like it makes sense for the game to flop.
---
#37EffectAndCausePosted 11/8/2012 5:36:47 PM
They were fighting IN the Playstation. It's like what the inside of a Poke Ball probably looks like.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/wbdq12.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2usuzi9.gif
#38judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:37:02 PM
So, you're basing all of this from one cutscene and a picture. Yup, pretty conclusive to me Sherlock Holmes

Yes. Any reason why I shouldn't?

This is Polygon Man's stage soooooo it's supposed to be like that. Because Polygon Man wants it like that :D
---
#39LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:37:29 PM
They were fighting IN the Playstation. It's like what the inside of a Poke Ball probably looks like.

And why would they be fighting on stages during matches though? And why the PS3 menu background?
---
#40judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:37:49 PM

Makes sense. Just like it makes sense for the game to flop.

But the question is: WILL it flop? We can't say yet ;)
---