How do people feel about the lack of environments in the cutscenes PSASBR?

#41howiehiewPosted 11/8/2012 6:39:08 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
So, you're basing all of this from one cutscene and a picture. Yup, pretty conclusive to me Sherlock Holmes

Yes. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Edit: It's based off of the intro, a cutscene and a picture.

Here's a reason, one cutscene, picture and intro may not represent every cutscene in the game(Shock horror)
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#423D3Posted 11/8/2012 6:39:12 PM
Cry moar lmao
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#43Ebak_the_catPosted 11/8/2012 6:40:01 PM
Okay, just watched the video, never seen it before actually..that is an environment. Most crossover fighters have a stage where the characters duke it out with their rivals or the boss in a very specific stage. Seth had one in SFIV, M Bison and Akuma in SFII etc. Presumably the rival battle takes place right before the battle with Polygon man..therefore you give him his own unique Playstation themed stage to do battle with the rival.

Furthermore as I said in another topic, it solves the problem over which rival goes into who's world...cause immediately you'd be making a statement about who is in charge..when really no rival should be in charge in the fight.

This isn't a pure fighting game. It's supposed to be a celebration of Playstation. Also, you give Polygon Man, a North American mascot for the PS1, an environment based on the PS3's menu background?

No but it is directly influenced from the fighting game genre...Seth Killian is working on it for christ sake. It is a celebration of Playstation....where would you suggest putting the boss fight for the rival and Polygon man then? On a black black background with a gigantic playstation logo...instead of the stepped pologon style arena we have with button symbols flying around?...its a sylistic choice...nothing more.

Furthermore the environment isn't the PS3s menu background in that arena, its' an arena seemingly based upon somthing non descript to purposely mean any rival pair can fight there yet given a playstation twist to thematically include it within the game. As a game designer myself, I think its very appropriate.

Why they chose Polygon man..I have no idea...as I say..maybe it was for revenge for being usurped as a Mascott..also you say he was a NA mascott only..that is true...but what if he had succeeded? Would he have become a mascott for Playstation in general?
#44HaigicotsuPosted 11/8/2012 6:40:37 PM
It would've been nice to have diverse environments, but it's fine without it.
---
UMVC3 --Nemesis/Phoenix Wright/ Akuma
#45LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:41:56 PM
But the question is: WILL it flop? We can't say yet ;)

Smart people do know though. I told you - if the game hits 1 million copies sold in November, I'll stop posting.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#46judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 6:42:48 PM

Smart people do know though. I told you - if the game hits 1 million copies sold in November, I'll stop posting.

But smart people aren't always right >:D
---
I wish Suguri could be in PSASBR...-sigh-...
#47FoolMeNeverPosted 11/8/2012 6:43:36 PM

How many fighting games besides SSB and MAYBE Mortal Kombat hit 1 mil in 11 days?
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#48Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/8/2012 6:44:49 PM
Nit picking is fun
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#49LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:46:18 PM
No but it is directly influenced from the fighting game genre...Seth Killian is working on it for christ sake. It is a celebration of Playstation....where would you suggest putting the boss fight for the rival and Polygon man then? On a black black background with a gigantic playstation logo...instead of the stepped pologon style arena we have with button symbols flying around?...its a sylistic choice...nothing more.

Furthermore the environment isn't the PS3s menu background in that arena, its' an arena seemingly based upon somthing non descript to purposely mean any rival pair can fight there yet given a playstation twist to thematically include it within the game. As a game designer myself, I think its very appropriate.

Why they chose Polygon man..I have no idea...as I say..maybe it was for revenge for being usurped as a Mascott..also you say he was a NA mascott only..that is true...but what if he had succeeded? Would he have become a mascott for Playstation in general?

You make a good point about Polygon man. I suppose he's has a good motive to be the final boss.

The PS has had so many memorable games, surely, they could have taken some of those. I mean wouldn't it be cool to see Sweet Tooth in Sparta or Olympus?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#50_krat0s_Posted 11/8/2012 6:47:10 PM

you expect a brand new ip to sell a million in 11 days?

not even PS' #1 awaited IPs pulled that off....
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
IcyFlamez's "K" count: 10