How do people feel about the lack of environments in the cutscenes PSASBR?

#51Ebak_the_catPosted 11/8/2012 5:47:39 PM
judgementaeon posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
But the question is: WILL it flop? We can't say yet ;)

Smart people do know though. I told you - if the game hits 1 million copies sold in November, I'll stop posting.

But smart people aren't always right >:D

^ This - Smart people thought it would be a good idea to make the atomic bomb.

Also..you want it to reach 1 million sales in 10 days....you know damn well the game won't achieve that in 10 days....30 days maybe...60 at maximum..but 10 days? For a brand new game franchise? your not expecting much are you.../sarcasm

Personally...I'd prefer you stop posting now and leave us all alone. You don't like the game...we get it...now shut the **** up.
#52geneocidePosted 11/8/2012 5:47:47 PM
zxelman posted...
It's some sort of an environment.

I think Superbot just likes the color blue a lot.

Reminds me of my girlfriends blue scrubs so it is all cool.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#53co1onelPosted 11/8/2012 5:48:02 PM
We've only seen one small clip of a cutscene and its from a long time ago. Why are you assuming all cutscenes are that way?
#54judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:49:07 PM
co1onel posted...
We've only seen one small clip of a cutscene and its from a long time ago. Why are you assuming all cutscenes are that way?

Exactly lol
---
I wish Suguri could be in PSASBR...-sigh-...
#55RainbowsaurusPosted 11/8/2012 5:49:23 PM
I know I'm not helping, but once again, another Lumi topic well on its way to 100 posts...

:U
---
I'm going for it!
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus|XBL:(Coming Soon)|Wii/DS/3DS FC:Message me :D
#56Ebak_the_catPosted 11/8/2012 5:52:10 PM
No but it is directly influenced from the fighting game genre...Seth Killian is working on it for christ sake. It is a celebration of Playstation....where would you suggest putting the boss fight for the rival and Polygon man then? On a black black background with a gigantic playstation logo...instead of the stepped pologon style arena we have with button symbols flying around?...its a sylistic choice...nothing more.

Furthermore the environment isn't the PS3s menu background in that arena, its' an arena seemingly based upon somthing non descript to purposely mean any rival pair can fight there yet given a playstation twist to thematically include it within the game. As a game designer myself, I think its very appropriate.

Why they chose Polygon man..I have no idea...as I say..maybe it was for revenge for being usurped as a Mascott..also you say he was a NA mascott only..that is true...but what if he had succeeded? Would he have become a mascott for Playstation in general?

You make a good point about Polygon man. I suppose he's has a good motive to be the final boss.

The PS has had so many memorable games, surely, they could have taken some of those. I mean wouldn't it be cool to see Sweet Tooth in Sparta or Olympus?

But then what about those Sweet Tooth fans who say that him and Kratos should fight in a Twisted Metal based Arena?...

I agree Playstation has had many great enciroments over the years. However the difficulty is turning them into stages that can be used in the game in an effective way. I hope to see more stages via DLC even though the current ones are good. You are missing the point of the rivalry cutscene though..the idea is to give them a non specific stage to fight in so that there's no reason for people to say 'they should be in Kratos' arena!' or 'No they should be in Sweet Tooths arena' etc.

Plus..these things take time to make...if you suggest they take out that one stage they made for that...where would they fight polygon man? What stage would they replace it with...everyone would want something different.

This game is nothing but poltics to many fans...who think their character or stage should be in it..and if its not..its a terrible game...very harsh, very jugemental, very unfair, very stupid and very childish. Considering they haven't even played the game itself...
#57LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:52:20 PM

Smart people do know though. I told you - if the game hits 1 million copies sold in November, I'll stop posting.

How many fighting games besides SSB and MAYBE Mortal Kombat hit 1 mil in 11 days?

How many fighting games are released during the peak of the holiday sales, is the biggest PS3 game of the year and is a celebration of the Playstation brand?

Other than that, SFIV sold 1M in 12 days in the US alone.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#58Dragongreen547Posted 11/8/2012 5:52:53 PM
READ AND ALL SHALL BE KNOWN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/08/polygon-man-playstation-all-stars-final-boss

If you don't want to go trough it, this is what Omar said about the environment:

Kendall went on. “If you look at the rivalry cutscene, it takes place in this kind of blue polygonal space. That, for us, is kind of the PlayStation universe at its base. You’ll see the XMB power waves flying in the background, you’ll see the PlayStation shapes flying around in the background. That’s kind of like the PlayStation landscape stripped bare to its essence… You see that space transition into the purple Polygon Man colors, and for us, Polygon Man is made of the same stuff, I guess, as the essence of the PlayStation universe.”
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#59judgementaeonPosted 11/8/2012 5:53:31 PM
Ebak_the_cat posted...
No but it is directly influenced from the fighting game genre...Seth Killian is working on it for christ sake. It is a celebration of Playstation....where would you suggest putting the boss fight for the rival and Polygon man then? On a black black background with a gigantic playstation logo...instead of the stepped pologon style arena we have with button symbols flying around?...its a sylistic choice...nothing more.

Furthermore the environment isn't the PS3s menu background in that arena, its' an arena seemingly based upon somthing non descript to purposely mean any rival pair can fight there yet given a playstation twist to thematically include it within the game. As a game designer myself, I think its very appropriate.

Why they chose Polygon man..I have no idea...as I say..maybe it was for revenge for being usurped as a Mascott..also you say he was a NA mascott only..that is true...but what if he had succeeded? Would he have become a mascott for Playstation in general?

You make a good point about Polygon man. I suppose he's has a good motive to be the final boss.

The PS has had so many memorable games, surely, they could have taken some of those. I mean wouldn't it be cool to see Sweet Tooth in Sparta or Olympus?

But then what about those Sweet Tooth fans who say that him and Kratos should fight in a Twisted Metal based Arena?...

I agree Playstation has had many great enciroments over the years. However the difficulty is turning them into stages that can be used in the game in an effective way. I hope to see more stages via DLC even though the current ones are good. You are missing the point of the rivalry cutscene though..the idea is to give them a non specific stage to fight in so that there's no reason for people to say 'they should be in Kratos' arena!' or 'No they should be in Sweet Tooths arena' etc.

Plus..these things take time to make...if you suggest they take out that one stage they made for that...where would they fight polygon man? What stage would they replace it with...everyone would want something different.

This game is nothing but poltics to many fans...who think their character or stage should be in it..and if its not..its a terrible game...very harsh, very jugemental, very unfair, very stupid and very childish. Considering they haven't even played the game itself...

Exactly...Lumi, you're not one of THOSE people, are you? >_>
---
I cut my finger on accident...IT HURRRRRTTTTSS T_T
#60cedphi08Posted 11/8/2012 5:53:54 PM

LOL still bashing the game ? Your life must be terrible
---
Huge Final Fantasy fan but sora is still the best :)