How do people feel about the lack of environments in the cutscenes PSASBR?

#71NewMoonShadowPosted 11/8/2012 6:32:32 PM
Dragongreen547 posted...
lucapit posted...
They didnt say when ssb4 will be released..ssbb 3 been out for almost, i think, 4 years now. So your saying after 2 or 3 years, superbot will have psasbr part two already?..even if thats true, then that means this psasbr is just a test game or a appitizer before they serve the main course....psasbr 2...

I don't mate. I know it only took 2 years to male the first one. Maybe they will take more time with the sequel. They could be getting ideas for the sequel as we speak. Let's say Playstation all-stars has been out for a year now and it is a success. Then they start working on the sequel. Maybe it will take 2 or 3 years. So either 2015 or...2016?

A huge chunk of Development time for first-gen games is spent developing the concepts, ideas, and the engine the game is running on (unless they use a pre-made one like the Unreal Engine or the Cry Engine).This is one of the main reasons sequels can be so much larger than the first games without much longer Development times. Indeed, they can have much shorter Development times and still be much bigger, especially if they re-use a lot of assets like Fighting Games in particular usually do.
#72Dragongreen547Posted 11/8/2012 6:38:34 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Dragongreen547 posted...
lucapit posted...
They didnt say when ssb4 will be released..ssbb 3 been out for almost, i think, 4 years now. So your saying after 2 or 3 years, superbot will have psasbr part two already?..even if thats true, then that means this psasbr is just a test game or a appitizer before they serve the main course....psasbr 2...

I don't mate. I know it only took 2 years to male the first one. Maybe they will take more time with the sequel. They could be getting ideas for the sequel as we speak. Let's say Playstation all-stars has been out for a year now and it is a success. Then they start working on the sequel. Maybe it will take 2 or 3 years. So either 2015 or...2016?

A huge chunk of Development time for first-gen games is spent developing the concepts, ideas, and the engine the game is running on (unless they use a pre-made one like the Unreal Engine or the Cry Engine).This is one of the main reasons sequels can be so much larger than the first games without much longer Development times. Indeed, they can have much shorter Development times and still be much bigger, especially if they re-use a lot of assets like Fighting Games in particular usually do.

My exact words my friend.
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#73Ebak_the_catPosted 11/9/2012 4:26:33 AM
LuminescentRule posted...

- The number of big games are up but so is the number of buyers.
- Halo 4 isn't on the PS3
- Neither Far Cry nor Hitman are big sellers. Especially when most of the buyers will be on the 360.
- AC3 is the only other real big seller on the PS3 and that came out 3 weeks before PSASBR
- Dishonored was a new IP too. And this game isn't being built in a vacuum - it is a PS crossover game which means it's attracting the millions of people who bought GoW, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, LBP, etc..

In other words, there's no excuse for this game to sell badly.

Halo 4 is still relevant...there are some people out there who own a 360 and a PS3 therefore it is still relevant...it also makes the Far Cry and Hitman points more valid.

Okay...for the sake of argument, lets say that a buyer can only get two games over the next month. What do they pick....Assassins Creed 3, Hitman, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Ratchet & Clank: QForce or Playstation All Stars Battle Royal.

Let us assume the buyer has both a 360 and a PS3. They can only pick two. No offense to PSASBR...but I can easily see it being outdone by AC3, Hitman, Far Cry, Halo 4 and Ratchat and Clak QForce. People will stick with the franchises they know are successful and enjoy than risk it on a brand new franchise..even if it contains characters from their favorite franchises. Quantity of characters does not equate quality of the product before you make the 'But this has 20 of their favorite characters' argument.
#74jums212Posted 11/9/2012 4:34:14 AM
Dragongreen547 posted...
Omar did kinda explain why it is like this. The environment is playstation stripped down to it's essence. All the characters have their respected worlds, but this is kind of like the intersection to each other's worlds. Yeah, something like that.

THIS PEOPLE.. THIS^
---
PSN: melancholy212
Future PSASBR addict
#75Zen_ZarabPosted 11/9/2012 4:39:47 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
But the question is: WILL it flop? We can't say yet ;)

Smart people do know though. I told you - if the game hits 1 million copies sold in November, I'll stop posting.

I'd say after Chirstmas. People could be holding out for Holidays.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cqbr3ld
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs