Let us list the similarities in the rivalries

#21xOmniCloudxPosted 11/9/2012 12:50:58 AM
Jak and Rachet are the 3D platforming kings of last gen and ND and Insomniac are great friends and nod to each other's games and the fanbases are also close to each other.
Drake and Sly are both treasure seekers
Kratos and Sweet Tooth were both created by David Jaffe
Nariko and current Dante were both created by Ninja Theory
Sir Daniel is the complete opposite of Raddec
Spike and PaRappa both debuted in quirky Japanese games for the PlayStation that had remakes for the PSP and at least one sequel for the PS2.
Fat Princess and Evil Cole are both greedy (FP for cake and EC for power).
Good Cole and Raiden are both heroes with electrokinetic powers plus Raiden is Japanese for lightning and is often attributed to gods of lightning too.
Heihachi and Toro are both playable in the PS3 and Vita versions of Street Fighter X Tekken.
Sackboy and Big Daddy are both mute characters that soon became the mascots of their respective franchises.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#22LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:54:16 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
Infamous 1: first mission.

Scare/kill civilians and keep food for your self or selflessly share it with everyone.

Guess which one evil Cole picked.

That's not greed - that's being selfish. Not the same thing as the desire to possess things. One could argue that it's the sensible thing to do.

wtf is the difference between being selfish and being greedy????

Greed is wanting more. Selfishness is keeping what you already have to yourself or placing your interest ahead of that of others.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#23ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 12:59:01 AM
Infamous 1: first mission.

Scare/kill civilians and keep food for your self or selflessly share it with everyone.

Guess which one evil Cole picked.

That's not greed - that's being selfish. Not the same thing as the desire to possess things. One could argue that it's the sensible thing to do.

wtf is the difference between being selfish and being greedy????

Greed is wanting more. Selfishness is keeping what you already have to yourself or placing your interest ahead of that of others.

Cole already had food, he wanted more to keep himself fed for a lengthy period of time, at the expense of others. He didn't have that food until he scared everyone off. Sounds like he was both greedy and selfish.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#24Raven-ZPosted 11/9/2012 12:59:06 AM
Evil Cole is definitely greed. He doesn't share, steals from others, wants everything.for himself. A lot of his Karma moves are leeching like Bio Leech (Hunger) and Group Leech. He feeds on innocent people to sate his thirst for power.

Fat Princess is greedy for cake, while also representing power (royalty).
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#25LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 1:13:41 AM
Cole already had food, he wanted more to keep himself fed for a lengthy period of time, at the expense of others. He didn't have that food until he scared everyone off. Sounds like he was both greedy and selfish.

Did he really have food? I don't think we ever know about that.
---
#26LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 1:14:41 AM
Evil Cole is definitely greed. He doesn't share, steals from others, wants everything.for himself. A lot of his Karma moves are leeching like Bio Leech (Hunger) and Group Leech. He feeds on innocent people to sate his thirst for power.

Fat Princess is greedy for cake, while also representing power (royalty).

Good point. Still very weak since Nathan Drake and Sly can be greedy too.
---
#27ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 1:18:42 AM

Did he really have food? I don't think we ever know about that.

I doubt he had food before that scene, but for all intents and purposes, he had food already from the helicopter (meaning he could have simply taken his share without anybody saying a word). That he wanted more food than he actually needed is both greedy and selfish...not that I really think it matters. Again, whether he's greedy or selfish, or both, Fat Princess is likely both greedy and selfish herself.

Also, pairing them both together on the premise of being greedy is just as bad (or good) as pairing them both together on the premise of being selfish. I think Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth would have been much better, which leaves room for pairing Kratos with Nariko, which again leaves the odd men out of Dante and Evil Cole (which is better than Evil Cole and Fat Princess, I guess).
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#28LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 1:20:17 AM
Also, pairing them both together on the premise of being greedy is just as bad (or good) as pairing them both together on the premise of being selfish. I think Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth would have been much better, which leaves room for pairing Kratos with Nariko, which again leaves the odd men out of Dante and Evil Cole (which is better than Evil Cole and Fat Princess, I guess).

That's actually pretty good.
---
#29Dsurions_WrathPosted 11/9/2012 1:40:07 AM
Actually Chocobo what would have been pretty awesome would be- Big Daddy Versus Sweet tooth (if they were willing to get a bit dark) due to Sweet Tooth threatening the little sister, Kratos versus Evil Cole (Kratos could mistake him for an incarnation of Zeus due to the lightning and his power, and Evil Cole would want to take Kratos's power by killing him), and Fat Princess and Sackboy (dunno, but theyre both cutesy, and would feel like it'd fit btter)
---
GT: Dsurion21
#30PielordXPosted 11/9/2012 1:50:32 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
Jak and Rachet are the 3D platforming kings of last gen and ND and Insomniac are great friends and nod to each other's games and the fanbases are also close to each other.
Drake and Sly are both treasure seekers
Kratos and Sweet Tooth were both created by David Jaffe
Nariko and current Dante were both created by Ninja Theory
Sir Daniel is the complete opposite of Raddec
Spike and PaRappa both debuted in quirky Japanese games for the PlayStation that had remakes for the PSP and at least one sequel for the PS2.
Fat Princess and Evil Cole are both greedy (FP for cake and EC for power).
Good Cole and Raiden are both heroes with electrokinetic powers plus Raiden is Japanese for lightning and is often attributed to gods of lightning too.
Heihachi and Toro are both playable in the PS3 and Vita versions of Street Fighter X Tekken.
Sackboy and Big Daddy are both mute characters that soon became the mascots of their respective franchises.

What a bad reason for those two to be rivals.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass