Let us list the similarities in the rivalries

#31LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:54:15 AM
Actually Chocobo what would have been pretty awesome would be- Big Daddy Versus Sweet tooth (if they were willing to get a bit dark) due to Sweet Tooth threatening the little sister, Kratos versus Evil Cole (Kratos could mistake him for an incarnation of Zeus due to the lightning and his power, and Evil Cole would want to take Kratos's power by killing him), and Fat Princess and Sackboy (dunno, but theyre both cutesy, and would feel like it'd fit btter)

That's good as well.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#32CrabhammarPosted 11/9/2012 4:30:24 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
E. Cole vs Fat Princess

-Both are greedy
-Both have power

I've played both InFamous and when does Evil Cole display greed?

Well more like he's hungry for power, which people can translate to greed, since he wants more power...

I don't recall him being hungry for power so much as wanting to be more powerful for revenge.

dat Ray Sphere choice doe
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#33CharactdurrPosted 11/9/2012 5:57:09 AM
Yeah, if you get to the last moral choice of the first infamous, Cole basically loses any justification for his actions and just doesn't care about anyone or anything anymore.

The sad part is, Evil Cole probably isn't canon because he was strong enough to defeat the beast.
---
PSN: MarkoKri
#34LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:10:04 AM
Also, Kratos and Sweet Tooth were both created by David Jaffe.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#35kaliskonigPosted 11/9/2012 6:56:22 AM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Infamous 1: first mission.

Scare/kill civilians and keep food for your self or selflessly share it with everyone.

Guess which one evil Cole picked.

That's not greed - that's being selfish. Not the same thing as the desire to possess things. One could argue that it's the sensible thing to do.

I guess there's truth to that. Alright then, both Fat Princess and Evil Cole are selfish.

A bit weak but I guess that's bound to happen to characters that provide padding.

Most of the rivalries are weak, especially Kratos and Sweet Tooth (Sweet Tooth and Fat Princess would have made much more sense). It's still better than no rivalries at all, which is what Smash offered.

You say that like its a bad thing. Its not like rivalries are a necessity in a game like smash. The rivalries weren't in your face bit they are obviously there. I'd rather have rivalries downplayed then rivalries that are nonsensical tbh. With this games roster they really should not have stressed the concept of rivalries and left it up to imagination. Now instead of people going "who would be this characters rival?" We get "let's attempt to make the rivalries make sense."