If it weren't for the Dante hate....

#1ToroStationMeowPosted 11/9/2012 11:48:19 PM
I'd probably have used New Dante once or twice for the trophies. I don't hate DmC but it's style just doesn't appeal to me.

But I want to get good with him because of the haters. >:D
---
Himiko, Ayane, and Kunoichi.
*reads card* "What is your main Warriors Orochi 3 team?"
#2Kanadian_KeithPosted 11/9/2012 11:49:23 PM
I don't get the Dante hate because as soon as they have the old Dante as a costume or DLC costume, everyone will just use that instead.
---
List of games I own: www.videogamelist.tumblr.com Total: 767
#3antking61Posted 11/9/2012 11:52:27 PM
I'll play him on 1 of 3 conditions.

1. He has a True Dante costume
2. Etnad's game fails.
3. I want to stand the and watch him get smacked around.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#4ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 11:52:44 PM
I'm still holding out on a Cyborg Ninja alt for Raiden.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#5antking61Posted 11/9/2012 11:53:12 PM
Kanadian_Keith posted...
I don't get the Dante hate because as soon as they have the old Dante as a costume or DLC costume, everyone will just use that instead.

Because you're Canadian.
---
#6howiehiewPosted 11/9/2012 11:54:17 PM
I think SB said something about not being able to get his old costume in an interview somewhere.(Sorry, don't have the link) Something about not wanting to spoil what will be in DMC or something like that.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#7Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/10/2012 12:01:25 AM
howiehiew posted...
I think SB said something about not being able to get his old costume in an interview somewhere.(Sorry, don't have the link) Something about not wanting to spoil what will be in DMC or something like that.

His other outfit will probably be the new Vergil.

If it's true that they don't want to spoil something story-wise, then maybe my original theory could be true. I guessed that by the end of DMC's story, Dante will have awakened his power completely, retaining his white-haired look constantly like Vergil does and become less of an ass due to his experiences. He's only an ignorant douche because he has no friends because of what he does for a living and has zero social skills. He's only used to talking trash to Demons. I think that at some point he'll have a life-changing epiphany because of his new friend, Kat getting hurt because of him, and because he'll no doubt have to kill his obviously evil brother.

I think that in this reboot the first game is sort of the story of how he'll become like the typical Dante we know and love. Maybe by the second game he'll have let his hair grow a little too. This is why I think people should give the new DMC a chance because you never know what the devs have planned in the story.
#8rumbalumbaPosted 11/10/2012 12:13:31 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
howiehiew posted...

If it's true that they don't want to spoil something story-wise, then maybe my original theory could be true. I guessed that by the end of DMC's story, Dante will have awakened his power completely, retaining his white-haired look constantly like Vergil does and become less of an ass due to his experiences. He's only an ignorant douche because he has no friends because of what he does for a living and has zero social skills. He's only used to talking trash to Demons. I think that at some point he'll have a life-changing epiphany because of his new friend, Kat getting hurt because of him, and because he'll no doubt have to kill his obviously evil brother.

I think that in this reboot the first game is sort of the story of how he'll become like the typical Dante we know and love. Maybe by the second game he'll have let his hair grow a little too. This is why I think people should give the new DMC a chance because you never know what the devs have planned in the story.

who cares about story? gameplay sucks in the reboot. you really think people are pissed only because he doesn't have white hair?
#9ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 12:18:12 AM
rumbalumba posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
howiehiew posted...

who cares about story? gameplay sucks in the reboot. you really think people are pissed only because he doesn't have white hair?

Anybody who plays a game for the full experience as opposed to just one aspect of it, and you've never played DmC, so commenting on the gameplay is premature. When the game releases you'll have full freedom to do so, though I realize the hint of fear you might feel in the game's potential critical success. If you're voice is going to be heard at all, it's either going to be now or not at all.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#10antking61Posted 11/10/2012 12:26:53 AM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Anybody who plays a game for the full experience as opposed to just one aspect of it, and you've never played DmC, so commenting on the gameplay is premature. When the game releases you'll have full freedom to do so, though I realize the hint of fear you might feel in the game's potential critical success. If you're voice is going to be heard at all, it's either going to be now or not at all.

Not pre mature at all. You can see the alterations made to the game play just by looking at it in motion, you can look at NT's track record for lackluster combat, and the feel of the setting and characters. If this game wasn't DMC, I'd buy it, but I cannot in good conscience support such a drastic alteration to 1 of my most beloved franchises. I want to see DMC5, not DmC: Devil may cry 2.
---