How Spyro and Crash were ruined

#11CyborgTwentyPosted 11/10/2012 10:25:37 AM
ChocoboDreams posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Everyone lists Sonic 06 as one of the worst games of all time.

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly is MUCH MUCH WORSE than Sonic 06 is.

You thought the Loading Screens in Sonic 06 were bad? This game has Loading Screens FOR the Loading Screens!

I'm pretty sure the loading screens were the least of Sonic 06's worries. :P

nope they were the biggest problem in the game.
#12CyborgTwentyPosted 11/10/2012 10:26:54 AM
sonic 06 is goty compared to enter the dragon fly.
#13omegazero99Posted 11/10/2012 10:40:49 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
gamergaljessica posted...
Enter The Dragonfly was much better than Sonic 06 atleast ETD was playable.

Wrath Of Cortex would have been as good as 1-3 without the loading times & pysics issues (maibe through in 5 more levels too, as i felt it was too short)

Erhem, the many times it just CRASHED for no explainable reason does not make the game playable.

Sounds like a personal problem.
---
Waiting for: Halo 4, Sly 4
#14EsperStarrPosted 11/10/2012 11:39:43 AM
Uhhhhhhhh
While I disliked Rhett? Enter the dragonfly....
It should never ever ever be compared with Sonic 06...

Loading screens are one thing...they both had loading issues.
But 06...had a loading screen FOR EVERYTHING!!! every time you stepped into a new area in the hub, selected to talk to a person with a mission, forgot to get something and had to run back to the area, starting a mini mission, starting a mission, dying once and starting the mission again....OMG

I don't care if enter the dragonfly had loading screens 10 minutes each.... At least it didn't have 10 minute loading screens FOR EVERY LITTLE ACTION....

and at least ETD was PLAYABLE.
06 its on the top of my list for MOST DISAPPOINTING THINGS (it's not a game because it's unplayable) to come out of gaming. People thought ET was bad...wherever it is...06 should be right there with it because I never ever ever thought a glitchy, slow, loading, horribly designed game ever come from Sega. Crisis City is so so so bad.Great concept but the stage its littered with glitches and bad bad design. When you can't move your character just because you braked down a hill, every single time you brake and the character decides to screech off into the distance without being able to jump, it's time to stop playing. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's only if you don't like watching the character try to go back up the hill on his own will.

I cannot believe sega allowed that game to be published. As a developer, I just cannot accept it. There are bad games that are designed horribly but at least some are playable...as in they work. 06 is horribly broken.

Doesn't help that they keep the same "use ever single character"approach. In a bad game like this, I guess it doesn't matter because even sonics campaign is should have been dropped. This game should've just been released as Segas blooper reel.
#15ChimcharwhoohooPosted 11/10/2012 3:22:43 PM
Crash ended when Naughty Dog decided to end it and pass it on to another developer,

Very few good crash games appeared afterwards. Nitro Kart, and Twinsanity... are basically it.

Spyro ended when Activision sped up the release date for Spyro 4 by a year (like seriously.. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!?!)
---
PSN~ MilliardoPcraft
Raging Blast 2 Main Team: SSJTrunks(Sword), Cell Jr., Android #17, Meta-Cooler, Salza
#16TheNardDogPosted 11/10/2012 3:26:14 PM
howiehiew posted...
I thought everyone liked skylanders?

Then I must not exist. That's not a Spyro game. It's a game where a character called Spyro (he looks and controls different) was used as a marketing gimmick which tricked (and highly disappointing) Spyro fans (including ones I know) who bought the game. You can tell Activision likes money, because when they used a dead IP to promote the game it just so happened to be the one that costumes $100.
---
Crash most wanted for PSASBR
Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us
#17TheNardDogPosted 11/10/2012 3:27:28 PM
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
Crash ended when Naughty Dog decided to end it and pass it on to another developer,

Very few good crash games appeared afterwards. Nitro Kart, and Twinsanity... are basically it.

Spyro ended when Activision sped up the release date for Spyro 4 by a year (like seriously.. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!?!)

The contract ended I think. For Crash. Whether they'd want to use him or not doesn't matter much anymore.
---
Crash most wanted for PSASBR
Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us