Why do the Dante haters act like they won use Dante?

#41StaticnovaPosted 11/10/2012 10:59:00 AM
If the new Dante was the old Dante, people would currently be saying about how much they hate his new white hair and stuff.

It's nostalgia whether you like it or not, and the simple concept "change = bad."
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, Amnesia: AMFP, NS: UNS 3
Playing: ACIII
#42judgementaeonPosted 11/10/2012 11:00:23 AM
Staticnova posted...
If the new Dante was the old Dante, people would currently be saying about how much they hate his new white hair and stuff.

It's nostalgia whether you like it or not, and the simple concept "change = bad."

Exactly lol
---
Rick Riordan rules the world!!!!
#43MajesticFerretPosted 11/10/2012 11:02:33 AM
Etnad lovers....The worst kind besides COD Fanboys.

I've yet to meet a single person who loves new Dante, most people are just annoyed by how shallow some of DMC's fanbase is.

Apparently a lot of the DMC fanbase didn't play the games for the good combat or the story, but just to get a raging boner over Dante.

Ironically, I don't see very many females complaining about the new Dante which makes it even more gay that the male fanbase is making such a big deal about a dude's looks.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#44judgementaeonPosted 11/10/2012 11:04:04 AM
MajesticFerret posted...
Etnad lovers....The worst kind besides COD Fanboys.

I've yet to meet a single person who loves new Dante, most people are just annoyed by how shallow some of DMC's fanbase is.

Apparently a lot of the DMC fanbase didn't play the games for the good combat or the story, but just to get a raging boner over Dante.

Ironically, I don't see very many females complaining about the new Dante which makes it even more gay that the male fanbase is making such a big deal about a dude's looks.

This completely lol, but I actually like New Dante
---
#45MajesticFerretPosted 11/10/2012 11:05:34 AM
For example, I honestly don't think the GoW fanbase would rage that much if they made Kratos slightly less buff and gave him hair provided the gameplay, cinematics, and gfxs were up to usual GoW standards.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#46GuerillaGorillaPosted 11/10/2012 11:07:29 AM
I've never played a DMC game or even seen the gameplay. And I even I don't like the new Dante. He looks, acts, and sounds like a douche.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2064-8564-9052
CoD:BO FC: 5355 8442 6311 - BigFatJuicyMonkies
#47judgementaeonPosted 11/10/2012 11:08:36 AM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
I've never played a DMC game or even seen the gameplay. And I even I don't like the new Dante. He looks, acts, and sounds like a douche.

That's judging.
Were all judging by how he acts.
Maybe if you try the game you may like him :)
---
#48sworderPosted 11/10/2012 11:10:58 AM(edited)
MajesticFerret posted...
For example, I honestly don't think the GoW fanbase would rage that much if they made Kratos slightly less buff and gave him hair provided the gameplay, cinematics, and gfxs were up to usual GoW standards.

But they would rage if Santa Monica cancelled the new GoW game and said some random company was gonna be making them from now on while changing the way Kratos looks and behaves completely

Bad comparison Ferret.
#49illadelph42Posted 11/10/2012 11:25:03 AM
Well too bad for haters I'm happy until the game proves me otherwise which I doubt will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTSObTHXjE
#50Bleach313Posted 11/10/2012 11:27:35 AM
Because he looks like a stereotypical teenage douche-bag. Plus I hate the way he talks, it's so terrible. It's like they took dudes from a back alley and told them to write his dialogue. Also I hate that they call him a more western Dante, when the only thing they did to him was make him a douche-bag and make him say the F word a lot. I guess all easterners are mild curses and say the F word a lot.

I'll probably use him for the trophy but after that I'll never touch him. Though he will be used for a practice dummy *evil laugh*

The game is still awesome and I'm buying it but I will always see Dino as a handicap to this game's roster.