Sign here if you think new Dante beats old Dante/Lightning beats Cloud

#61MajesticFerretPosted 11/10/2012 2:35:18 PM
No Metal Gears, no tranq weapons, no guns, and no stealth camo. Nor his special weapons in MGS4. They wouldn't have to copy anything. SSBB regulated his CQC to grabs as well, not attacks/counters.

Stealth Camo is a crappier version of complete invisibility, which is what Sly and Radec actually have while it would be inaccurate to Snake's character to make him completely invisible when he doesn't have that ability and camo isn't tricking anyone but dumb AI.

As for guns, his gun pallet brings nothing to the table that Radec, Ratchet, and Drake have already brought. They could try to make Snake more close-combaty, but that's also not true to his character because most characters in this game would whoop Snake's ass in close-combat so he's still relegated to a range/stealthy character if they want to be true to his character.

I just don't think Snake offers anything to this game other than his mug. Raiden seems to have a complex, unique, and geniunelly fun play style in this game.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#62cuttin_in_townPosted 11/10/2012 6:22:12 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
No Metal Gears, no tranq weapons, no guns, and no stealth camo. Nor his special weapons in MGS4. They wouldn't have to copy anything. SSBB regulated his CQC to grabs as well, not attacks/counters.

Stealth Camo is a crappier version of complete invisibility, which is what Sly and Radec actually have while it would be inaccurate to Snake's character to make him completely invisible when he doesn't have that ability and camo isn't tricking anyone but dumb AI.

As for guns, his gun pallet brings nothing to the table that Radec, Ratchet, and Drake have already brought. They could try to make Snake more close-combaty, but that's also not true to his character because most characters in this game would whoop Snake's ass in close-combat so he's still relegated to a range/stealthy character if they want to be true to his character.

I just don't think Snake offers anything to this game other than his mug. Raiden seems to have a complex, unique, and geniunelly fun play style in this game.

Correct me if I''m wrong, but no one in this game has flash grenades, nor smoke grenades. Chaff wouldn't work here.

I don't recall anyone having C4 (mines, yes, but no C4).

Snake has his Mantis Doll, as well as his sungun and tornado thing from MGS4. As well as his railgun.

If not being as strong as other characters in close range makes someone "not true to their character", then that is the weirdest logic ever. Nathan would also lose to most of these people. Difference is, Snake fights some not so normal enemies, even when he's old.

Again, CQC can be used for close range and grabs. Metal Gear rex as one of is supers (level 3?) and he's good to go. This is excluding his explosives and environmental items.

Not bringing anything to the table is always a bad excuse, and 90% of the times is used for gun users for whatever reason. Despite a simple machine gun being able to be used in more than one way. Like Raiden. All he has is a sword, and smaller dagger things. Yet his gameplay is still able to be unique. Anyone can be unique with effort.
---
(http://i45.tinypic.com/2v820w2.gif) (pending edit...)
ATTN: Grammar Nazis: http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t469/kurotem/4c5fc1a3.gif
#63T_l_M_B_0Posted 11/10/2012 6:39:23 PM
I have no opinion on the Dante's but anyone who would rather have Lightning than Cloud probably needs to wear water wings when they eat soup.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#64MajesticFerretPosted 11/10/2012 6:45:15 PM
I'll just agree to disagree. Raiden looks like a really fun character to where he pretty much plays like a Sephiroth would with lesser range and seems unique while Snake still seems like he'd be a mix between Sweet Tooth and Drake. If Snake got the best of what Radec, ST, and Drake had to offer, he'd be overpowered and be the obvious gun user of choice.

In fact, between a comparison video of PSASBR and Brawl, a guy pointed out how similar ST plays to Snake in Brawl. Even your MG idea was handled with ST's mech.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#65MalkyeaImbakPosted 11/10/2012 7:14:19 PM
Dante with goatee > real dante > old dante

Snake with goatee > Snake > raiden > cyber Raiden

Lighting is just as bad as cloud..cloud is probably slight worst because he doesn't have a game called Cloud returns
#66Chzrm3Posted 11/10/2012 8:07:39 PM
I like Lightning over Cloud and Raiden over Snake, but I don't like Konami's attitude towards Superbot. I'd have preferred old D over new D, but I don't mind the new one at all.
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#67CalibuhrrPosted 11/10/2012 8:40:52 PM
Cut your hands off.
#68CalibuhrrPosted 11/10/2012 8:42:01 PM
For a fighting game though Raiden does beat Snake
#69kingcam07Posted 11/10/2012 10:10:19 PM
All three of these things are false.
---
psn ID: kingcam07
#70DanulusPosted 11/10/2012 10:28:38 PM
Snake > Raiden
FF7 Cloud > Lightning > AC Cloud
Dante > Tameem