DmC Dante is not the true Dante. don't be sheep to Capcom and Ninja Theory

#101KaiserJanusPosted 11/10/2012 4:32:20 PM
FullmetalChild posted...
This is getting embarrassing...

I know right?

I confess that i don't have a ps3, but i have a Vita and i'll get that version of the game, AND play New Dante.

Problem with that? >.>
---
Yawn..
#102Reginleif20Posted 11/10/2012 4:33:06 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...
I'm pretty neutral to the whole thing, but I have to say, if you're hopelessly clinging to the old Dante like a lot of people are, it sounds to me like you're the sheep, following the majority.

Nobody is a Capcom fanboy. People put up with Capcom despite their crap. I guarantee nobody ever says "OMG I LOVE Capcom!" Blizzard sheep who cling to WoW? Yes, that makes sense. A sheep to Capcom though? Never. Get over yourself. Quit trying to be a hipster. Either buy the new game, or don't. It won't affect my purchase one bit.

When they FIRST introduced the new Dante, yes, I was pissed. He was atrocious. They changed him, and he's okay now. The gameplay looks tight as hell, the camera is drastically improved, the combat feels fluid. Should it have been called something other than DMC? Definitely. But this is what it is. Take it or leave it.

You're tired of the same rehashed games like Call of Duty every year? Well, this is creativity right here. Don't like it? Stick to the rehashes and sequels. That's the thing about creativity, not as many people will like it. Games get rehashed because they know the masses will love it. If you want creativity, you need to accept the fact that there are going to be things that don't resonate with you.

I agree. Capcom fanboys are so fickle. Either they complain that the series is getting stale, or that it is too different. Either way, they still buy Capcom games. They gave so much publicity to DMC through their insistent complaining. Dnt they get that Capcom does not care, and has not cared about their fanbase for a long time?

I am all for creativity and progression in gaming, which is why I was okay with the reboot. Capcom fanboys(like most others), detest progressive gaming because they feel that they will lose their favorite series, completely disregarding that they own copies of the very games they love so much. This is why every company avoid fanboys and generally find a way around them. Even if they used a different name fanboys would still rage.

All fanboys are fickle, that's one of the reasons they are fanboys
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#103TheOpenPosted 11/10/2012 4:34:48 PM
KaiserJanus posted...
FullmetalChild posted...
This is getting embarrassing...

I know right?

I confess that i don't have a ps3, but i have a Vita and i'll get that version of the game, AND play New Dante.

Problem with that? >.>

The DMC elite are already penning death threats to post through your letterbox, using their own blood as ink.
---
PSN: Acquiescence
Anticipating: The Last Guardian, PSAll-Stars BR, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, The Last of Us, Sly 4, Beyond, Ni no Kuni, Tearaway, Rain, Puppeteer
#104RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 4:41:36 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...
I'm pretty neutral to the whole thing, but I have to say, if you're hopelessly clinging to the old Dante like a lot of people are, it sounds to me like you're the sheep, following the majority.

Nobody is a Capcom fanboy. People put up with Capcom despite their crap. I guarantee nobody ever says "OMG I LOVE Capcom!" Blizzard sheep who cling to WoW? Yes, that makes sense. A sheep to Capcom though? Never. Get over yourself. Quit trying to be a hipster. Either buy the new game, or don't. It won't affect my purchase one bit.

When they FIRST introduced the new Dante, yes, I was pissed. He was atrocious. They changed him, and he's okay now. The gameplay looks tight as hell, the camera is drastically improved, the combat feels fluid. Should it have been called something other than DMC? Definitely. But this is what it is. Take it or leave it.

You're tired of the same rehashed games like Call of Duty every year? Well, this is creativity right here. Don't like it? Stick to the rehashes and sequels. That's the thing about creativity, not as many people will like it. Games get rehashed because they know the masses will love it. If you want creativity, you need to accept the fact that there are going to be things that don't resonate with you.

I agree. Capcom fanboys are so fickle. Either they complain that the series is getting stale, or that it is too different. Either way, they still buy Capcom games. They gave so much publicity to DMC through their insistent complaining. Dnt they get that Capcom does not care, and has not cared about their fanbase for a long time?

I am all for creativity and progression in gaming, which is why I was okay with the reboot. Capcom fanboys(like most others), detest progressive gaming because they feel that they will lose their favorite series, completely disregarding that they own copies of the very games they love so much. This is why every company avoid fanboys and generally find a way around them. Even if they used a different name fanboys would still rage.

true, but Capcom fanboys are the worst. With other companies, fanboys complain and do not buy the games(like Sonic fanboys), but Capcom fansheep complain and still buy the games AND dlc. Look at how well MVC3, UMVC3, and SF X T sold, despite how much Capcom abused on disk dlc, day one dlc, and generally uninspired gameplay mechanics. Hell, King of Fighters fanboys were ready to let their franchise die after KOF12 because of how dissapointing it was, and look what happened; they got EVERYTHING they wanted in KOF 13 at a reduced price...
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#105ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 4:47:10 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

true, but Capcom fanboys are the worst. With other companies, fanboys complain and do not buy the games(like Sonic fanboys), but Capcom fansheep complain and still buy the games AND dlc. Look at how well MVC3, UMVC3, and SF X T sold, despite how much Capcom abused on disk dlc, day one dlc, and generally uninspired gameplay mechanics. Hell, King of Fighters fanboys were ready to let their franchise die after KOF12 because of how dissapointing it was, and look what happened; they got EVERYTHING they wanted in KOF 13 at a reduced price...

While I can understand not liking SF x T's DLC shinnanigans, I really don't understand how anyone could possibly complain about MvC3 (as a game). I even liked SF x T to some extent, King was one of the funnest characters I've ever used in a fighting game.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#106Reginleif20Posted 11/10/2012 4:51:16 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

To be fair, these Capcom fanboys you're talking about is the minority, a really vocal minority. That's why the game boards of Capcom games have that much complaints
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#107Devil_wings00Posted 11/10/2012 4:59:48 PM
Who cares about what Dante looks like? I mean he was an incredibly uninteresting character and possibly the absolute last thing that made the DMC series good. You could literally slap any other skin into DMC for Dante and the game itself would lose very little. He's sort of like Darth maul in that he has a very distinct and memorable appearance but as a character he barely exists. As long as the game play is tight I could give two craps about Dante's' appearance. DMC isn't exactly known for it's gripping plots and deep characters lol
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#108ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 5:11:43 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Who cares about what Dante looks like? I mean he was an incredibly uninteresting character and possibly the absolute last thing that made the DMC series good. You could literally slap any other skin into DMC for Dante and the game itself would lose very little. He's sort of like Darth maul in that he has a very distinct and memorable appearance but as a character he barely exists. As long as the game play is tight I could give two craps about Dante's' appearance. DMC isn't exactly known for it's gripping plots and deep characters lol

The majority cares not because they want old Dante, but because they -don't- want new Dante. Their argument is based on this spite alone.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#109RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 5:17:15 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...

The majority cares not because they want old Dante, but because they -don't- want new Dante. Their argument is based on this spite alone.

^Exactly. they are arguing for the sake of it. I like that comparison to Darth Maul btw. It seems that the animated series is trying to make him important in some way. With DMC, the story has always been practically nonexistent, but the gameplay is what excelled. Now fanboys are deciding to utterly flip it around and claim that the image of Dante was always what mattered the most, and the gameplay was a bonus. Its hard to take them seriously, but then again that goes for any fanboy.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#110sworderPosted 11/10/2012 5:17:50 PM
Ragnoraok posted...

The stupidest thing of all is the fact that you make a massive stereotype and assume they're all the same people.

Did you maybe think that the people that liked Megaman don't care about UMVC3? That the people that play DMC might not like fighting games? That those that play RE don't have a problem with DLC because it doesn't affect them?

You are smart enough to refer to Sonic fanboys as such and not Sega fanboys, assuming they like all Sega games just because of a specific series. Surely you can do the same for the Capcom fanbase, you'd sound less ignorant =D