DmC Dante is not the true Dante. don't be sheep to Capcom and Ninja Theory

#111Bleach313Posted 11/10/2012 5:19:25 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Bleach313 posted...
Well I agree that I don't like Dino and wish he wasn't in here but I'm still gonna get this game. DMC on the other hand I'm not planning on buying or even trying due to Dino's PERSONALITY. His appearance is a shame in itself and doesn't need me to say anything about it. His personality on the other hand is terrible and I don't like.

I'm just not gonna play with him, and use him as a punching bag.

I kinda think it's funny. Ever since Dino became on PSASBR all of a sudden Dino is accepted and awesome. I believe people are just saying that to boost the game -_- It's just something u HAVE TO notice with the gaming community. I for one don't care if this was Smash Bros I'm not gonna change my views just to better up a game. Dino is bad to me and he will never grow on me.

Implying that the people on this board that are comfortable with Dante and DmC haven't always been comfortable with Dante and DmC. I know better than to judge a character's personality from a trailer, especially in a Ninja Theory game.

Dude I've seen the trailer, over 6 gameplay videos, various cutscenes, and a story of Dino. Their is hundreds of videos of DMC out so that's why I say this. Also you should've seen how hostile people were about DMC Dante. Seriously if I gave a percentage of people that supported Dino before this game it would be 5%. If you don't believe me check out the DMC reveal trailer comments on youtube, the NeoGaf conversation about him, or the very first discussions on the DMC game on GameFaqs.

That's why I think it's funny, I've seen that 5% turn into 20% all because of this game. So if this game wasn't ever made that 5% would still be 5%. Heck most people defending him on this board would probably be yelling about him. I just think it's funny how 1 game could turn people's opinion about a character just to make that game seem better.
#112ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 5:22:43 PM
Bleach313 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Bleach313 posted...
Well I agree that I don't like Dino and wish he wasn't in here but I'm still gonna get this game. DMC on the other hand I'm not planning on buying or even trying due to Dino's PERSONALITY. His appearance is a shame in itself and doesn't need me to say anything about it. His personality on the other hand is terrible and I don't like.

I'm just not gonna play with him, and use him as a punching bag.

I kinda think it's funny. Ever since Dino became on PSASBR all of a sudden Dino is accepted and awesome. I believe people are just saying that to boost the game -_- It's just something u HAVE TO notice with the gaming community. I for one don't care if this was Smash Bros I'm not gonna change my views just to better up a game. Dino is bad to me and he will never grow on me.

Implying that the people on this board that are comfortable with Dante and DmC haven't always been comfortable with Dante and DmC. I know better than to judge a character's personality from a trailer, especially in a Ninja Theory game.

Dude I've seen the trailer, over 6 gameplay videos, various cutscenes, and a story of Dino. Their is hundreds of videos of DMC out so that's why I say this. Also you should've seen how hostile people were about DMC Dante. Seriously if I gave a percentage of people that supported Dino before this game it would be 5%. If you don't believe me check out the DMC reveal trailer comments on youtube, the NeoGaf conversation about him, or the very first discussions on the DMC game on GameFaqs.

That's why I think it's funny, I've seen that 5% turn into 20% all because of this game. So if this game wasn't ever made that 5% would still be 5%. Heck most people defending him on this board would probably be yelling about him. I just think it's funny how 1 game could turn people's opinion about a character just to make that game seem better.

I know how hostile people are about DmC Dante. This has been the case ever since his hair, and his hair alone. Regardless of how many excuses they've tried to scrape up as to why he "sucks" since then, the fact remains that people have been crying ever since his hair was the only thing to cry about.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#113Meta LobsterPosted 11/10/2012 5:43:05 PM
Why is anyone bringing up Street Fighter and MvC's sales regarding capcom fanboys?

Those are like... mainstream fighting games. You don't just have fans of the series driving sales, everyone knows Street Fighter. in the case of MvC you've got a ton of comic book fans driving their success too.

Of course the DLC is gonna succeed; Mainstream gamers will buy things and not care about the ethics behind it.

Someone in this thread is right; the reboot is an attempt to get DmC to mainstream status: cause really, with the way game budgets are ballooning nowadays you have to do that to pull a profit. (a practice that's gonna bite the industry in the arse with time but that's just my opinion) There is no regard to the fanbase anymore because the sales a fanbase brings doesn't cut it now.

That's why Megaman got axed.
---
Do all you people just post just to complain about the opinions of others?
#114Chzrm3Posted 11/10/2012 5:44:34 PM
sworder posted...
NT tried making DMC5 with a Dante that resembled old Dante and Capcom told them to reboot it.

If you're gonna complain, at least don't be ignorant about what happened.

Woahhhh, seriously? O_O

Haha is Capcom trying to see how fast they can drive themselves into bankruptcy?
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#115ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 5:47:07 PM
Meta Lobster posted...
Why is anyone bringing up Street Fighter and MvC's sales regarding capcom fanboys?

Those are like... mainstream fighting games. You don't just have fans of the series driving sales, everyone knows Street Fighter. in the case of MvC you've got a ton of comic book fans driving their success too.

Of course the DLC is gonna succeed; Mainstream gamers will buy things and not care about the ethics behind it.

Someone in this thread is right; the reboot is an attempt to get DmC to mainstream status: cause really, with the way game budgets are ballooning nowadays you have to do that to pull a profit. (a practice that's gonna bite the industry in the arse with time but that's just my opinion) There is no regard to the fanbase anymore because the sales a fanbase brings doesn't cut it now.

Out of curiosity, and in your opinion, why is buying DLC unethical? I mean, you're generalizing all DLC in your post after all, so I'm very interested in knowing how, in anyway, getting more out of a game that you wouldn't otherwise have is unethical.

I may have simply misunderstood.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#116Flare1721Posted 11/10/2012 6:13:43 PM
Thats why im not buying the new Dmc. At least brand new. I hate Capcom too. But the game does look appealing.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#117Meta LobsterPosted 11/10/2012 9:22:56 PM(edited)
ChocoboDreams posted...
Meta Lobster posted...

Out of curiosity, and in your opinion, why is buying DLC unethical? I mean, you're generalizing all DLC in your post after all, so I'm very interested in knowing how, in anyway, getting more out of a game that you wouldn't otherwise have is unethical.

I may have simply misunderstood.

I didn't mean that exactly, I do think SOME instances of DLC are bad. Many are justifiable. But the average gamer doesn't think about it at all to make the distinction. And THAT'S not good regardless of the quality of their purchase. I feel a lot of publishers want to become mainstream BECAUSE they're aware of this. Capcom is no exception. That's why licenses such as Dead Rising, RE and SF now get WAY more treatment, while their cartoonier or lighthearted IPs have been more ignored recently.
---
Do all you people just post just to complain about the opinions of others?
#118Joey2coolPosted 11/10/2012 9:24:36 PM
Some of you guys just need to get over it like I did.

Boycott, rage, cry, do whatever you want. Will it change anything? Nope.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#119RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 9:29:10 PM
sworder posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
true, but Capcom fanboys are the worst. With other companies, fanboys complain and do not buy the games(like Sonic fanboys), but Capcom fansheep complain and still buy the games AND dlc. Look at how well MVC3, UMVC3, and SF X T sold, despite how much Capcom abused on disk dlc, day one dlc, and generally uninspired gameplay mechanics. Hell, King of Fighters fanboys were ready to let their franchise die after KOF12 because of how dissapointing it was, and look what happened; they got EVERYTHING they wanted in KOF 13 at a reduced price...

The stupidest thing of all is the fact that you make a massive stereotype and assume they're all the same people.

Did you maybe think that the people that liked Megaman don't care about UMVC3? That the people that play DMC might not like fighting games? That those that play RE don't have a problem with DLC because it doesn't affect them?

You are smart enough to refer to Sonic fanboys as such and not Sega fanboys, assuming they like all Sega games just because of a specific series. Surely you can do the same for the Capcom fanbase, you'd sound less ignorant =D

But the fact is that Capcom continues to do this crap because the fans are enabling their crappy practices. When ever I go into the SF X T, MVC3, UMVC3, and SF boards and talk about Capcom's practices, I always get an overwhelming response that equals to "F*** you." So yeah, I guess it is safe to say that the majority of the Capcom fanbase enable, finance, and support Capcom's bull, thus making them sheep.

It does not matter if Megaman fans play MVC3 or not, because he was the face of Capcom. He should automatically be in the same way that Zelda is an automatic for SSB. It is baffling how he was excluded, and a slap to the fans who actually wanted to play with him and assumed he would be in. People who have no issue with on disk dlc and premium dlc are sheep because they are paying more money for essentials that are literally already on the disk, or was finished before the game's release. Call it stereotyping, but it is well-known that there is a little truth to all stereotypes, and the truth is that Capcom fans are among the more sheepish. Its one thing to not get the quality you want, but continuing to buy the underdeveloped games? Pure nonsense.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#120ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 9:48:28 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
sworder posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
true, but Capcom fanboys are the worst. With other companies, fanboys complain and do not buy the games(like Sonic fanboys), but Capcom fansheep complain and still buy the games AND dlc. Look at how well MVC3, UMVC3, and SF X T sold, despite how much Capcom abused on disk dlc, day one dlc, and generally uninspired gameplay mechanics. Hell, King of Fighters fanboys were ready to let their franchise die after KOF12 because of how dissapointing it was, and look what happened; they got EVERYTHING they wanted in KOF 13 at a reduced price...

The stupidest thing of all is the fact that you make a massive stereotype and assume they're all the same people.

Did you maybe think that the people that liked Megaman don't care about UMVC3? That the people that play DMC might not like fighting games? That those that play RE don't have a problem with DLC because it doesn't affect them?

You are smart enough to refer to Sonic fanboys as such and not Sega fanboys, assuming they like all Sega games just because of a specific series. Surely you can do the same for the Capcom fanbase, you'd sound less ignorant =D

But the fact is that Capcom continues to do this crap because the fans are enabling their crappy practices. When ever I go into the SF X T, MVC3, UMVC3, and SF boards and talk about Capcom's practices, I always get an overwhelming response that equals to "F*** you." So yeah, I guess it is safe to say that the majority of the Capcom fanbase enable, finance, and support Capcom's bull, thus making them sheep.

It does not matter if Megaman fans play MVC3 or not, because he was the face of Capcom. He should automatically be in the same way that Zelda is an automatic for SSB. It is baffling how he was excluded, and a slap to the fans who actually wanted to play with him and assumed he would be in. People who have no issue with on disk dlc and premium dlc are sheep because they are paying more money for essentials that are literally already on the disk, or was finished before the game's release. Call it stereotyping, but it is well-known that there is a little truth to all stereotypes, and the truth is that Capcom fans are among the more sheepish. Its one thing to not get the quality you want, but continuing to buy the underdeveloped games? Pure nonsense.

Street Fighter x Tekken boards have been getting people like you going over there and preaching about "corrupt DLC practices" for a very, very long time now. Of course they're going to ridicule you, you're not saying anything they haven't heard before, and you -know- you're not saying anything they haven't heard before. Based on the bias spilling out through your post, I don't even have to see your posts to imagine what you'd be trying to post there.

Bottom-line, the on-disc DLC issue with SF x T has been dealt with and done to death. They just want to enjoy their game in peace. In my experience, it's the people that go over there for the sole purpose of bringing up anti-DLC shinannigans that ruin it for everyone else. Capcom has already officially stated that they won't be doing what they did with SF x T anymore based on poor feedback and sales, the issue is done with.

Also, on-disc DLC and what SF x T did are not one and the same thing. Games have had on-disc DLC for years, even Arkham City (strong contender for GotY) had on-disc DLC.

Also, on a final note, people can complain about Megaman all they want, but Zero's inclusion over him was for the game's better. He's one of the funnest characters to play as in the game, for one, and he dominates the majority of the roster. Megaman probably wouldn't even be used to anywhere near the extent.
---