DmC Dante is not the true Dante. don't be sheep to Capcom and Ninja Theory

#121haku10Posted 11/10/2012 10:49:51 PM
To people saying the only reason why people are butthurt about this new donte is because of his hair:

http://i50.tinypic.com/29cx9xu.jpg

To people saying only gameplay matters: You should read the pic too, but to summarize, the new DmC runs on the Unreal engine. The Unreal engine was meant for FPS games, and NT was forced to make the game run at 30 FPS as opposed to the 60 FPS of the previous games. And yes, this does make a big difference. Its one of the main reasons that got CoD so popular, because it ran at 60 FPS making it more smooth and fun to play than most other shooting games.
#122ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 10:52:40 PM
haku10 posted...
To people saying the only reason why people are butthurt about this new donte is because of his hair:

To people saying only gameplay matters: You should read the pic too, but to summarize, the new DmC runs on the Unreal engine. The Unreal engine was meant for FPS games, and NT was forced to make the game run at 30 FPS as opposed to the 60 FPS of the previous games. And yes, this does make a big difference. Its one of the main reasons that got CoD so popular, because it ran at 60 FPS making it more smooth and fun to play than most other shooting games.

FPS is much more important in a shooting game, and nobody said the only reason people don't like Dante is because of his hair.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#123RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 10:57:30 PM
haku10 posted...

funny, I saw this exact same link and similar explanation talked about all over the DMC boards. can you try to be more original please? The fact is that you need to play the game before you can say that it will play slower than DMC 4, because the videos suggest otherwise to me. Its not like people are going to be counting the frames as they play...
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#124haku10Posted 11/10/2012 11:00:09 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
I know how hostile people are about DmC Dante. This has been the case ever since his hair, and his hair alone. Regardless of how many excuses they've tried to scrape up as to why he "sucks" since then, the fact remains that people have been crying ever since his hair was the only thing to cry about.
#125ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 11:03:03 PM
haku10 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
I know how hostile people are about DmC Dante. This has been the case ever since his hair, and his hair alone. Regardless of how many excuses they've tried to scrape up as to why he "sucks" since then, the fact remains that people have been crying ever since his hair was the only thing to cry about.

What you've posted are the amount of excuses people have scraped since then, which is only further proof of my post. The fact still remains that, when this all started, all people were complaining about were his hair. Period. I don't know if you were around when DmC was first announced, but I was, and it's the only complaint anyone ever gave. Until now.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#126RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 11:06:11 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
haku10 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

What you've posted are the amount of excuses people have scraped since then, which is only further proof of my post. The fact still remains that, when this all started, all people were complaining about were his hair. Period. I don't know if you were around when DmC was first announced, but I was, and it's the only complaint anyone ever gave. Until now.

LOL, they were only complaining about his appearance, then switched over to the frame rate argument, even though that is not valid since the new DMC and old DMC are not going to play alike, have completely different stories, and completely different atmospheres. The new DMC running at a lower frame rate does not mean it is inferior at all.
---
#127haku10Posted 11/10/2012 11:06:48 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
haku10 posted...

funny, I saw this exact same link and similar explanation talked about all over the DMC boards. can you try to be more original please? The fact is that you need to play the game before you can say that it will play slower than DMC 4, because the videos suggest otherwise to me. Its not like people are going to be counting the frames as they play...

Its a link that has a lot of good points and is to be used to inform people of those points. Not like im taking credit for it or anything. And seriously, of course trailers and gameplay sneak peeks are going to look good. They are made to look good. The fact is, if you played the same game at 30 FPS and at 60 FPS, it would just feel so much more better at 60 FPS. And no, you dont need to play a game to say that it plays slower. 30 FPS is 30 FPS and 60 FPS is 60 FPS.
#128haku10Posted 11/10/2012 11:11:43 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
haku10 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

Thats because his hair and new look were the only things revealed when it was first revealed. When new stuff was revealed, it gave DMC fans more of a reason to not like it other than the fact that a very likeable character was ruined. Seriously, whats your favorite game franchise? The other guy can give me his favorite franchise too if he wants.
#129RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 11:12:51 PM
haku10 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
haku10 posted...

Its a link that has a lot of good points and is to be used to inform people of those points. Not like im taking credit for it or anything. And seriously, of course trailers and gameplay sneak peeks are going to look good. They are made to look good. The fact is, if you played the same game at 30 FPS and at 60 FPS, it would just feel so much more better at 60 FPS. And no, you dont need to play a game to say that it plays slower. 30 FPS is 30 FPS and 60 FPS is 60 FPS.

I am just going to re post my post explaining why that argument is faulty.

LOL, they were only complaining about his appearance, then switched over to the frame rate argument, even though that is not valid since the new DMC and old DMC are not going to play alike, have completely different stories, and completely different atmospheres. The new DMC running at a lower frame rate does not mean it is inferior at all.
---
#130howiehiewPosted 11/10/2012 11:13:11 PM
haku10 posted...

Are we talking about the character or the game here, because the frames per second has nothing to do with the character Dante.
As far as i can see people don't like NT Dante because we looks really different and his is much more juvenile in NT's game.

I for one respect that NT wants to do what the want with the character. they were given the project to put their own spin on things, the same can be said about the gameplay as well. Sure they can mimic what Capcom has done but what is the point of that?
It's like music. When an artist does a cover on another song, they don't just emulate what the original artists has already done, they change things up and put a bit of themselves into it to make something unique and different.By just copying the original content and you might as well be listening to the original.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"