DmC Dante is not the true Dante. don't be sheep to Capcom and Ninja Theory

#131ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 11:13:34 PM
haku10 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
haku10 posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
I know how hostile people are about DmC Dante. This has been the case ever since his hair, and his hair alone. Regardless of how many excuses they've tried to scrape up as to why he "sucks" since then, the fact remains that people have been crying ever since his hair was the only thing to cry about.

What you've posted are the amount of excuses people have scraped since then, which is only further proof of my post. The fact still remains that, when this all started, all people were complaining about were his hair. Period. I don't know if you were around when DmC was first announced, but I was, and it's the only complaint anyone ever gave. Until now.

Thats because his hair and new look were the only things revealed when it was first revealed. When new stuff was revealed, it gave DMC fans more of a reason to not like it other than the fact that a very likeable character was ruined. Seriously, whats your favorite game franchise? The other guy can give me his favorite franchise too if he wants.

I don't know, Devil May Cry is among one of my favorites, use that one. :3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#132haku10Posted 11/10/2012 11:29:33 PM
And you like the new Dante more?

howiehiew posted...
haku10 posted...
To people saying the only reason why people are butthurt about this new donte is because of his hair:

http://i50.tinypic.com/29cx9xu.jpg

To people saying only gameplay matters: You should read the pic too, but to summarize, the new DmC runs on the Unreal engine. The Unreal engine was meant for FPS games, and NT was forced to make the game run at 30 FPS as opposed to the 60 FPS of the previous games. And yes, this does make a big difference. Its one of the main reasons that got CoD so popular, because it ran at 60 FPS making it more smooth and fun to play than most other shooting games.

Are we talking about the character or the game here, because the frames per second has nothing to do with the character Dante.
As far as i can see people don't like NT Dante because we looks really different and his is much more juvenile in NT's game.

I for one respect that NT wants to do what the want with the character. they were given the project to put their own spin on things, the same can be said about the gameplay as well. Sure they can mimic what Capcom has done but what is the point of that?
It's like music. When an artist does a cover on another song, they don't just emulate what the original artists has already done, they change things up and put a bit of themselves into it to make something unique and different.By just copying the original content and you might as well be listening to the original.

This music example is kinda bad, but ill try to explain. What NT did was get the privilege to feature a stylish and likeable singer in their song. The song turned out to be a emo punk rock song that appealed to angsty 12 year olds and the featured singer's voice got synthed the crap out of.
#133ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 11:36:07 PM
I'm indifferent about it. Dante has rarely had a static personality throughout the course of his games, and there wasn't necessarily a lot of depth to his character to miss. I don't like the new Dante any more or less, because I haven't played the game yet to make a solid decision on that. However, in my experience with Ninja Theory titles, they handle character development very well, and I doubt I'll be disappointed with DmC in that area.

As it stands, DmC looks like a solid title, but me telling you that is just bound to further antagonize you. I'm happy to simply wait it out until January, and when the game releases to critical praise despite all the people that will still complain about it, I'll have all the more reason to ignore them.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#134haku10Posted 11/11/2012 12:04:12 AM
Alright. The game could be good, no one knows, and I honostly think it will probably sell well and be fun (even though in a super action packed game like DMC, 60 FPS would be super awesome). You clearly arent a fan of Dante, but try to understand how Dante's fans feel about a total reboot of the character. Im not even a big fan of the DMC series. I played through 4 and only played parts of 1 and most of 3. However, Dante has always stood out as one of the more stylish franchise characters in my eyes despite me not fully playing all the games. White hair, trench coat, cocky, half demon, etc. he seems very unoriginal at first, but the way he is presented just makes him a very likeable character. Now some other people make another unoriginal character but give him nothing likeable and try to call him the same character. Thats a pretty big slap in the face to fans of that character.
#135ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/11/2012 12:08:59 AM
haku10 posted...
Alright. The game could be good, no one knows, and I honostly think it will probably sell well and be fun (even though in a super action packed game like DMC, 60 FPS would be super awesome). You clearly arent a fan of Dante, but try to understand how Dante's fans feel about a total reboot of the character. Im not even a big fan of the DMC series. I played through 4 and only played parts of 1 and most of 3. However, Dante has always stood out as one of the more stylish franchise characters in my eyes despite me not fully playing all the games. White hair, trench coat, cocky, half demon, etc. he seems very unoriginal at first, but the way he is presented just makes him a very likeable character. Now some other people make another unoriginal character but give him nothing likeable and try to call him the same character. Thats a pretty big slap in the face to fans of that character.

I understand that they feel betrayed enough to send death threats to Ninja Theory, sure. That said, they'll get over it, and I'm sure many of those who aren't so blindly rebellious against the game that do decide to play it will do a complete 180. Just my guess. We'll see January. :3
---
#136howiehiewPosted 11/11/2012 2:30:43 AM
haku10 posted...

howiehiew posted...
haku10 posted...
To people saying the only reason why people are butthurt about this new donte is because of his hair:

To people saying only gameplay matters: You should read the pic too, but to summarize, the new DmC runs on the Unreal engine. The Unreal engine was meant for FPS games, and NT was forced to make the game run at 30 FPS as opposed to the 60 FPS of the previous games. And yes, this does make a big difference. Its one of the main reasons that got CoD so popular, because it ran at 60 FPS making it more smooth and fun to play than most other shooting games.

Are we talking about the character or the game here, because the frames per second has nothing to do with the character Dante.
As far as i can see people don't like NT Dante because we looks really different and his is much more juvenile in NT's game.

I for one respect that NT wants to do what the want with the character. they were given the project to put their own spin on things, the same can be said about the gameplay as well. Sure they can mimic what Capcom has done but what is the point of that?
It's like music. When an artist does a cover on another song, they don't just emulate what the original artists has already done, they change things up and put a bit of themselves into it to make something unique and different.By just copying the original content and you might as well be listening to the original.

This music example is kinda bad, but ill try to explain. What NT did was get the privilege to feature a stylish and likeable singer in their song. The song turned out to be a emo punk rock song that appealed to angsty 12 year olds and the featured singer's voice got synthed the crap out of.

When i was using the music analogy i was referring to the game as a whole. Musicians make songs, developers make games. So Nt's DMC and everything that makes up the experience comes under that. not just the main character/singer.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#137RagnoraokPosted 11/11/2012 10:19:30 AM
haku10 posted...

howiehiew posted...
haku10 posted...

no, NT got the privilege to take the ENTIRE song, or the entire DMC series and remake it. that guy's example stands. Capcom essentially gave NT free reign over DMC, not just Dante. They could have made the main character a 2-foot-hobbit named Frodo, but it had to be named DMC and resemble some sort of DMC.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#138RagnoraokPosted 11/11/2012 10:22:43 AM
haku10 posted...

I get the rage, but what do you expect when you put your trust in Capcom? They will choose casual money over their fanbase, especially for dwindling non mainstream series like DMC.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#139doraemonllh1989Posted 11/11/2012 10:40:40 AM
I dont care

I like old dante and i dont mind the new one,its not about being sheep,its about being not nitpicking
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#140mister_micPosted 11/11/2012 10:57:17 AM
ScarletSpidey1 posted...
People talking about MVC3 and use Spencer, but complain about new Dante are a bunch of hypocrites.

not really since BC2009's gameplay was true to the series.
---
le iphone fase