also cry moar TC
its been 3 damn years. move on.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#32TaizukuPosted 11/10/2012 12:37:18 PM
antking61 posted...
bartz90 posted...
Franchises get rebooted sometimes.

Indeed they do, but they still resemble the franchise. If this game didn't hold the title and character names nobody would even know it was supposed to be a DMC title.

Have you seen all of his fighting moves that are straight from Dante?
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#33VisualPendulumPosted 11/10/2012 12:39:56 PM
Wasn't it Capcom that told Ninja Theory that couldn't make a old-style Devil May Cry?

If so, I wouldn't blame NT at all.
#34haku10Posted 11/10/2012 12:39:57 PM
Taizuku posted...
Did you know that this game is a reboot? Do you people understand what a reboot is?

And thats one of the main reasons why DMC fans dont like DmC. There was still things to continue in DMC. How would you like it if one of your favorite franchises ended in a cliff hanger only for the next game to be a reboot. What Donte looks like barely has anything to do with why people dont like this new Dante and the new game.
#35antking61Posted 11/10/2012 12:46:33 PM(edited)
Taizuku posted...
Have you seen all of his fighting moves that are straight from Dante?

Indeed I have. And I've seen the sloppy nature in which he wields the sword, the constant stops after each attack, and damn near everything that that screams "this isn't your Dante" to every1.

DmC feels more like Tameem's personal statement than a DMC game.

DMC4 sold the most of the entire series. How was this series in need of a westernized reboot?

VisualPendulum posted...
Wasn't it Capcom that told Ninja Theory that couldn't make a old-style Devil May Cry?

I would. They agreed to it and have the worst PR I've ever seen. They're acting like their game is the second coming of Christ and everybody who voices their displeasure, no matter how it's done is "lulz t3h stupid fanboiz. His hair isn't t3h badzorz!"
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#36LordMePosted 11/10/2012 12:43:18 PM
VisualPendulum posted...

I have covered this... But here, I shall qoute myself...

LordMe Posted...
Inafune (Who quit Capcom) is the one who started telling Capcom to outsource, and it is true they told NT to make it more "real" however, NT insulting the Japanese, calling the original fans stupid and insulting Dante's design is on them, and no one else.

They have spent so much time slamming the DMC fanbase that I refuse to support a developer that talks to the community like that.
#37dude_meister512Posted 11/10/2012 12:48:20 PM
geneocide posted...
Reboot are made when something is dying and they are trying to bring it back..... DMC wasn't dying

Wasn't it? DMC4 was panned by fans and critics alike. As was DMC2. The only good games in the series were 1 & 3. And this is coming from a fan of the whole damn franchise.
#38geneocidePosted 11/10/2012 12:51:02 PM
dude_meister512 posted...
geneocide posted...
Reboot are made when something is dying and they are trying to bring it back..... DMC wasn't dying

Wasn't it? DMC4 was panned by fans and critics alike. As was DMC2. The only good games in the series were 1 & 3. And this is coming from a fan of the whole damn franchise.

DMC4 was the best in the series IMO. It was disliked because lack of crazy combos and because Dante wasn't the main character.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#39antking61Posted 11/10/2012 12:51:29 PM
dude_meister512 posted...

No it wasn't. Again, DMC4 has sold the most in the series. Not to mention the game was only disliked primarily because Nero took center stage and it lacked Crazy Combos. Other than that 4 was a solid DMC in every respect and Nero was fun to play and likable in his own right. Plus, Dante was still there and still the lovable Dante we all know.

The style switch added a whole new dimension to the gameplay and combo videos would never be the same. Brea is standing proof. She also stole my heart. I want to make babies with Brea.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#40TaizukuPosted 11/10/2012 12:52:04 PM
haku10 posted...
Taizuku posted...
Did you know that this game is a reboot? Do you people understand what a reboot is?

And thats one of the main reasons why DMC fans dont like DmC. There was still things to continue in DMC. How would you like it if one of your favorite franchises ended in a cliff hanger only for the next game to be a reboot. What Donte looks like barely has anything to do with why people dont like this new Dante and the new game.

DMC only truly appealed to a small fanbase, New DmC will sell more. Bet on it.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame