DmC Dante is not the true Dante. don't be sheep to Capcom and Ninja Theory

#71Ludacris01Posted 11/10/2012 1:53:39 PM
sworder posted...
antking61 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
its sad how people are more concerned about Capcom's reboot of DMC, but Street Fighter's constant rehashing and sequels being slight changes, but charged at full prices, gets no rage. On top of that, Dante's new image is getting more hate than the constant dlc abuses and poor treatment of Capcom veterans. Believe me, the Capcom fanbase have proven to be more sheep like than any other. Like they literally buy anything with a Capcom logo on it, b****, and still buy more of Capcom's crap. The Capcom fanbase represents everything wrong with gaming nowadays, and will lead to the dissolution of quality gaming.

Aaaaaand no.

Capcom's DLC has gotten plenty of backlash to the point of them stating they'll no longer do on disc DLC and nobody stops cracking jokes about Super Street Fighter 4 Super Special Awesom Turbo True edition.

DMC just has a very vocal fanbase.

And I'm pretty sure Activision started leading that charge a long time ago.

Yeah, I don't see how he could be more wrong than he is

They're both right actually.

A lot of Capcoms fans ARE complete sheep. Go to the SFxT board and look for yourself. But people are slowly starting to expose the company for what they are, so it works both ways.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#72geneocidePosted 11/10/2012 1:56:12 PM
dude_meister512 posted...
antking61 posted...
No it wasn't. Again, DMC4 has sold the most in the series. Not to mention the game was only disliked primarily because Nero took center stage and it lacked Crazy Combos.

So we're ignoring the fact that all Dante did was Nero's levels backwards, the bland aesthetics, the rubbish story, the AWFUL voice acting and the unimaginative weapons are we? The best thing DMC4 did was let you switch styles on the fly. Everything else was a mess.

Dante was cleaning up Neros poorly done job.

Bland aesthetics? I disagree.

I actually liked the story. And its better than "the government is demons and bad! Ignore the world its just all a lie!" I play games to get away from that stupid crap!

You just said awful voice acting? Really? Maybe you should learn t-t-t-t-t-t-t-to appreciate the good job they did.

What is unimaginative about a Demonic suitcase? A sword that revs? And what ever Lucifer was....
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#73Kraven_XRLKBPosted 11/10/2012 1:56:52 PM(edited)
LOL do you know that Dante was modeled off Leon's character? Pretty sad that you all cry about this still. Dante is unoriginal and Devil May Cry was spawned from RE4's BETA.
---
PSN: TheCrimsonBeast
#74F_WolfPosted 11/10/2012 2:10:55 PM
LOL, the new Dante at lest is his own character and not a reskinned Leon starting in a renamed Resident Evil game that wasn't good enough to be a Resident Evil.
#75geneocidePosted 11/10/2012 2:13:18 PM
F_Wolf posted...
LOL, the new Dante at lest is his own character and not a reskinned Leon starting in a renamed Resident Evil game that wasn't good enough to be a Resident Evil.

......He is made off the guy who wasn't good enough to be a resident evil game.... Does that make him super trash?
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#76dude_meister512Posted 11/10/2012 2:16:11 PM
geneocide posted...
Dante was cleaning up Neros poorly done job.

That's no excuse for poor game design.

Bland aesthetics? I disagree.

And I stand by my comment. Everything was dull and white. The final boss was a statue/generic priest/the pope.

I actually liked the story. And its better than "the government is demons and bad! Ignore the world its just all a lie!" I play games to get away from that stupid crap!

Umm... DmC isn't even out and you know how good or bad the story is? Stop assuming ****.

You just said awful voice acting? Really? Maybe you should learn t-t-t-t-t-t-t-to appreciate the good job they did.

No I shouldn't. There are far better actors on the stage that aren't even getting paid than the embarassing cast they gathered together. Johnny Yong Bosch? The guy's terrible.

What is unimaginative about a Demonic suitcase? A sword that revs? And what ever Lucifer was....

Oh, you want me to explain do you?

"Demonic suitcase" = Pandora's box, an ancient fairy tale.

Sword that revs? What's the point in that? Should I put a sword's hilt in my car's engine? Besides the fact that a "sword that revs" is the main weapon in Final Fantasy VIII.

I can give you Lucifer, it is somewhat original. But really, I can't recall ever really using it.

And another point I might add that goes against DMC4 is the absolutely ****y secondary characters like Kyrie or whatever here silly name was. They were just boring.
#77NeemohPosted 11/10/2012 2:17:23 PM
LOL they're just videogame characters who gives a s***
#78Pinoy441Posted 11/10/2012 2:19:20 PM
And this is why we can't have nice things

Because you guys complain too much about how a CHARACTER looks in an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE STORY *COUGH COUGH*

This is why Capcom thinks your stupid and can keep charging you for DLC
---
*grabs popcorn*
#79MajesticFerretPosted 11/10/2012 2:21:23 PM
DMC4 sold the best out of any DMC game because it's multi-console. DmC will probably sell better than the old DMC games due to this.

DMC4 was mediocre. Dante barely seemed important in it and they basically knocked him aside for Nero, who wasn't interesting or cool, just a Dante clone voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch.

Wouldn't surprise me if DmC turns out awesome simply due to the fact that NT knows everyone hates them and they're going to have to work 5x as hard to make their game sell.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#80DahlVaughnniPosted 11/10/2012 2:23:50 PM
I'm pretty neutral to the whole thing, but I have to say, if you're hopelessly clinging to the old Dante like a lot of people are, it sounds to me like you're the sheep, following the majority.

Nobody is a Capcom fanboy. People put up with Capcom despite their crap. I guarantee nobody ever says "OMG I LOVE Capcom!" Blizzard sheep who cling to WoW? Yes, that makes sense. A sheep to Capcom though? Never. Get over yourself. Quit trying to be a hipster. Either buy the new game, or don't. It won't affect my purchase one bit.

When they FIRST introduced the new Dante, yes, I was pissed. He was atrocious. They changed him, and he's okay now. The gameplay looks tight as hell, the camera is drastically improved, the combat feels fluid. Should it have been called something other than DMC? Definitely. But this is what it is. Take it or leave it.

You're tired of the same rehashed games like Call of Duty every year? Well, this is creativity right here. Don't like it? Stick to the rehashes and sequels. That's the thing about creativity, not as many people will like it. Games get rehashed because they know the masses will love it. If you want creativity, you need to accept the fact that there are going to be things that don't resonate with you.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207