DmC Dante is not the true Dante. don't be sheep to Capcom and Ninja Theory

#91ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 3:36:07 PM
Bleach313 posted...
Well I agree that I don't like Dino and wish he wasn't in here but I'm still gonna get this game. DMC on the other hand I'm not planning on buying or even trying due to Dino's PERSONALITY. His appearance is a shame in itself and doesn't need me to say anything about it. His personality on the other hand is terrible and I don't like.

I'm just not gonna play with him, and use him as a punching bag.

I kinda think it's funny. Ever since Dino became on PSASBR all of a sudden Dino is accepted and awesome. I believe people are just saying that to boost the game -_- It's just something u HAVE TO notice with the gaming community. I for one don't care if this was Smash Bros I'm not gonna change my views just to better up a game. Dino is bad to me and he will never grow on me.

Implying that the people on this board that are comfortable with Dante and DmC haven't always been comfortable with Dante and DmC. I know better than to judge a character's personality from a trailer, especially in a Ninja Theory game.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#92TheOpenPosted 11/10/2012 3:37:13 PM
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...
DMC only truly appealed to a small fanbase, New DmC will sell more. Bet on it.

Yes because Ninja Theory's track record of barely breakin 1 mil with only Heavenly Sword totally says they'll sell more than 2 million to a nitch fanbase to begin with.

It's not as nitch as you may think and yes, more fans are displeased than you may believe.

Heavenly Sword sold 1.5 million as a PS3 exclusive on a console that, at the time, had a really crappy install base. That's not too shabby, especially when you consider that something like Bayonetta made it to 1.3 million on two consoles.
---
PSN: Acquiescence
Anticipating: The Last Guardian, PSAll-Stars BR, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, The Last of Us, Sly 4, Beyond, Ni no Kuni, Tearaway, Rain, Puppeteer
#93FullmetalChildPosted 11/10/2012 3:41:58 PM
This is getting embarrassing...
---
Never pet a Castform on a summer day.
Currently playing: Jak 3, Mass Effect 2
#94Reginleif20Posted 11/10/2012 3:49:09 PM
TheOpen posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...

Yes because Ninja Theory's track record of barely breakin 1 mil with only Heavenly Sword totally says they'll sell more than 2 million to a nitch fanbase to begin with.

It's not as nitch as you may think and yes, more fans are displeased than you may believe.

Heavenly Sword sold 1.5 million as a PS3 exclusive on a console that, at the time, had a really crappy install base. That's not too shabby, especially when you consider that something like Bayonetta made it to 1.3 million on two consoles.

Quality =/= sales so screw sales, it still sucked
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#95ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 3:58:40 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
TheOpen posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...

You're right, quality and sales don't equate to the same thing. Okami was undersold, but it's still one of the best games to ever grace consoles, period. Heavenly Sword was also one of the first games worth owning for the PS3, and no, it did not suck. I think you're confusing "not the best" with "sucks", any realistically logical gamer would realize there's more than two sides to that.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#96TheOpenPosted 11/10/2012 4:14:27 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
TheOpen posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...

I'm not disputing that, and it has nothing to do with what I said anyway.
---
PSN: Acquiescence
Anticipating: The Last Guardian, PSAll-Stars BR, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, The Last of Us, Sly 4, Beyond, Ni no Kuni, Tearaway, Rain, Puppeteer
#97Reginleif20Posted 11/10/2012 4:21:07 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
TheOpen posted...
antking61 posted...
Taizuku posted...

You're right, quality and sales don't equate to the same thing. Okami was undersold, but it's still one of the best games to ever grace consoles, period. Heavenly Sword was also one of the first games worth owning for the PS3, and no, it did not suck. I think you're confusing "not the best" with "sucks", any realistically logical gamer would realize there's more than two sides to that.

Resistance: Fall of Man
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Assassin's Creed

I can't say all of these are good games but these are only some of the early PS3 games that are better than Heavenly Sword, and yes, it really did suck
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#98RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 4:21:23 PM
sworder posted...
antking61 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
its sad how people are more concerned about Capcom's reboot of DMC, but Street Fighter's constant rehashing and sequels being slight changes, but charged at full prices, gets no rage. On top of that, Dante's new image is getting more hate than the constant dlc abuses and poor treatment of Capcom veterans. Believe me, the Capcom fanbase have proven to be more sheep like than any other. Like they literally buy anything with a Capcom logo on it, b****, and still buy more of Capcom's crap. The Capcom fanbase represents everything wrong with gaming nowadays, and will lead to the dissolution of quality gaming.

Aaaaaand no.

Capcom's DLC has gotten plenty of backlash to the point of them stating they'll no longer do on disc DLC and nobody stops cracking jokes about Super Street Fighter 4 Super Special Awesom Turbo True edition.

DMC just has a very vocal fanbase.

And I'm pretty sure Activision started leading that charge a long time ago.

Yeah, I don't see how he could be more wrong than he is

keep going down the rabbit hole children....
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#99ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/10/2012 4:26:52 PM(edited)
Heavenly Sword has a 79 on Metacritic. That is not a game that sucks, despite the fact it didn't reel in better scores.

All you've listed are games that aren't Heavenly Sword, it doesn't mean Heavenly Sword wasn't one of the first games worth owning. In fact, the biggest problem Heavenly Sword had was that it was too short.

If the only games that you play are those that receive perfect scores, then I feel bad for whatever poor library of games you've accumulated over your history as a gamer.
---
#100RagnoraokPosted 11/10/2012 4:31:49 PM
DahlVaughnni posted...
I'm pretty neutral to the whole thing, but I have to say, if you're hopelessly clinging to the old Dante like a lot of people are, it sounds to me like you're the sheep, following the majority.

Nobody is a Capcom fanboy. People put up with Capcom despite their crap. I guarantee nobody ever says "OMG I LOVE Capcom!" Blizzard sheep who cling to WoW? Yes, that makes sense. A sheep to Capcom though? Never. Get over yourself. Quit trying to be a hipster. Either buy the new game, or don't. It won't affect my purchase one bit.

When they FIRST introduced the new Dante, yes, I was pissed. He was atrocious. They changed him, and he's okay now. The gameplay looks tight as hell, the camera is drastically improved, the combat feels fluid. Should it have been called something other than DMC? Definitely. But this is what it is. Take it or leave it.

You're tired of the same rehashed games like Call of Duty every year? Well, this is creativity right here. Don't like it? Stick to the rehashes and sequels. That's the thing about creativity, not as many people will like it. Games get rehashed because they know the masses will love it. If you want creativity, you need to accept the fact that there are going to be things that don't resonate with you.

I agree. Capcom fanboys are so fickle. Either they complain that the series is getting stale, or that it is too different. Either way, they still buy Capcom games. They gave so much publicity to DMC through their insistent complaining. Dnt they get that Capcom does not care, and has not cared about their fanbase for a long time?

I am all for creativity and progression in gaming, which is why I was okay with the reboot. Capcom fanboys(like most others), detest progressive gaming because they feel that they will lose their favorite series, completely disregarding that they own copies of the very games they love so much. This is why every company avoid fanboys and generally find a way around them. Even if they used a different name fanboys would still rage.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"