Do you think this game might revive dead franchises?

#1PokemonYoutubePosted 11/11/2012 4:06:27 AM
Nobody had heard of Pit in over 15 years, and after he was in Brawl, he got a new game.

Do you think this might happen to the many dead franchises in this game (MediEvil, Parappa, Ape Escape, Heavenly Sword, Jak & Daxter etc.)?
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#2ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/11/2012 4:11:10 AM
Heavenly Sword and Jak are probably the only ones that might get revived, but Jak is owned by Naughty Dog and they seem to have moved on. It's usually good to let an IP die at some point, Jak is fine as a trilogy.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#3PokemonYoutube(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:15:06 AM
I'm hoping for a new MediEvil game. Those look pretty fun.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#4Seksii_Girl_5Posted 11/11/2012 4:23:16 AM
Personally i want Medievil 3 more than anything else.

Would love:
A new AAA Ape Escape game for PS3/4
Jak 4.

Heavenly Sword 2 isn't technically possible
*Major Spoilers*
Nariko dies at the end and gives the sword to Kai

So it'd have to be a prequel or a sequel with Kai as the playable character
---
Daniel Bryan is my future husband!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqmczjD06s1qipitl.gif
#5StormBlitzPosted 11/11/2012 4:31:55 AM
It's hard to imagine a full, blown out, huge budget Medievil game for the PS3 or even Vita. Maybe PSN only game is where it's at for the franchise,

I would love to see Jak 4 and Ape Escape 4 for the PS3 or 4.
---
Elena, Lightning > Tomba, Abe, Ty, Gex, Croc and Vivi
#6UltimetalheadPosted 11/11/2012 6:47:54 AM
I would love a new Ape Escape game. Hell, I'd just love if the original was finally released as a PS1 classic.
---
Uncharted 2/3: [KFC]
http://lbp.me/u/UMH1992
#7tscooktPosted 11/11/2012 6:53:07 AM
I would also love to see MediEvil 3 or Jak 4, but Naughty Dog said they have considered it but there was just no good direction to take the sequel to Jak 3 after the last games ending that would still appeal to the original fans
#8sethharris1191Posted 11/11/2012 7:03:19 AM
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
Personally i want Medievil 3 more than anything else.

Heavenly Sword 2 isn't technically possible

Heavenly Sword 2 was in development, but was cancelled.
#9storm_shaftPosted 11/11/2012 7:21:11 AM
I actually think that a Medievil 3 is highly possible, if not already in development. When looking at the first-party characters in the game, most of them are either current franchises or obvious choices (Jak and Daxter for example). Basically, Parappa and Dan are the only characters that don't have a reason for being in the game other than they are awesome, but there are many other characters that are in a similar situation. Parappa was one of the four characters used to get the game green-lit so his inclusion can be chalked up to the awesome/nostalgia/personal preference of Superbot. Basically Sir Dan is the only character that doesn't seem to have any specific reasoning behind him. What I hope his inclusion means is that Sony is trying to raise awareness of Sir Dan for a future game, possibly already in development.
---
PSN: Fatal_Akantor
#10RainbowsaurusPosted 11/11/2012 7:26:42 AM
As long as I get a Parappa 3, MediEvil 3, Ape Escape 4, and maaaaaybe a new JD game, I can die happy.

Even a port of Million Monkeys or a remake of the first is fine..I just want more Ape Escape ;-;
---
I'm going for it!
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus|XBL:(Coming Soon)|Wii/DS/3DS FC:Message me :D