Do you think this game might revive dead franchises?

#21JoshelplexPosted 11/11/2012 9:45:16 AM
NettoSaito posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Heavenly Sword and Jak are probably the only ones that might get revived, but Jak is owned by Naughty Dog and they seem to have moved on. It's usually good to let an IP die at some point, Jak is fine as a trilogy.

Well Naughty Dog said they would like to make another Jak game, but since they were busy with Uncharted (and the upcoming The Last of Us), they decided to make the Jak Collection instead.

We'll only see a new Jak if Sony hands the IP over to another dev, which they should. They tossed Sly over to Sanzaru and those guys are doing a fantastic job. Sony should toss Jak their way next. It's kind of ridiculous that Ratchet made it to PS3, and now finally Sly, but Jak didn't, despite being the most popular of the 3 main PS2 franchises.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#22SilentS89Posted 11/11/2012 9:47:40 AM
Maybe a game with the new Dante might be released.
#23TheNardDogPosted 11/11/2012 10:06:09 AM
Ape Escape 4. I want the same play style. Non of those horrible cutscenes from the move games. Then yes, I know japanese goes insane about minigames, but they have to stop. I want Ape Escape 4, a good game.

Parappa seems like he could get a Vita game or something. A lot more buttons. Even if it's only a $15 thing. I'd like it.

Jak I'd want but I don't know. With enough popularity maybe after The Last of Us.

Sly is actually getting a new game so that's cool.
I don't know, I'd think of more.
---
Crash most wanted for PSASBR
Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us
#24Joey2coolPosted 11/11/2012 10:19:43 AM
MediEvil 3.

That's all I really want.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#25LuminescentRulePosted 11/11/2012 10:30:34 AM
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
IPs that we won't see again:

Jak
LBP
Heavenly Sword
Parappa
Medievil
Fat Princess
Ape Escape (a proper one)
Twisted Metal

Lol, we will get LBP3 and Fat Princess 2....... you must be delusional. Fat Princess is one of the best selling PSN games, they would be stupid not to do a sequel.

No, we won't. It's been 3.5 years since the PS3 game was released. The devs closed down already.

LBP is a dwindling franchise. With the low sales of LBP Vita and Karting, the game shows that it's not in the same league as Uncharted or GoW.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#26Swaggamer9000Posted 11/11/2012 10:31:41 AM
http://www.meodia.com/userfiles/Jak1.png
---
Leader of the illuminaughty...
#27LuminescentRulePosted 11/11/2012 10:32:04 AM
Joshelplex posted...
NettoSaito posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Heavenly Sword and Jak are probably the only ones that might get revived, but Jak is owned by Naughty Dog and they seem to have moved on. It's usually good to let an IP die at some point, Jak is fine as a trilogy.

Well Naughty Dog said they would like to make another Jak game, but since they were busy with Uncharted (and the upcoming The Last of Us), they decided to make the Jak Collection instead.

We'll only see a new Jak if Sony hands the IP over to another dev, which they should. They tossed Sly over to Sanzaru and those guys are doing a fantastic job. Sony should toss Jak their way next. It's kind of ridiculous that Ratchet made it to PS3, and now finally Sly, but Jak didn't, despite being the most popular of the 3 main PS2 franchises.

Sly 4 is in development because Sanzaru wanted to do it and put up a convincing prototype of the game. It's not like Sony was looking to revive Sly. It wasn't a massive seller.
---
#28LuminescentRulePosted 11/11/2012 10:33:01 AM
tscookt posted...
AndKevinBacon posted...
IPs that we won't see again:

Jak
LBP
Heavenly Sword
Parappa
Medievil
Fat Princess
Ape Escape (a proper one)
Twisted Metal

Don't forget PlayStation All-Stars.

Idk if you are kidding or not. But Seth Killian has already hinted at a possible sequel to PSASBR when he said something about including a Katamari character but they couldn't agree on a good moveset. Then followed it by saying something along the lines of "we will see if we can't get more creative with it the next time around"

If this game bombs, why would they make a sequel?
---
#29JoshelplexPosted 11/11/2012 3:33:35 PM
Joshelplex posted...
NettoSaito posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

Sly 4 is in development because Sanzaru wanted to do it and put up a convincing prototype of the game. It's not like Sony was looking to revive Sly. It wasn't a massive seller.

It was still a franchise Sony pushed in the early years of the PS2, and while it wasn't a massive seller, it did far from poor. As for Jak, it was a big seller which is why so many people were shocked when ND abandoned it.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#30geneocidePosted 11/11/2012 3:37:12 PM
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
Personally i want Medievil 3 more than anything else.

Would love:
A new AAA Ape Escape game for PS3/4
Jak 4.

Heavenly Sword 2 isn't technically possible
*Major Spoilers*
Nariko dies at the end and gives the sword to Kai

So it'd have to be a prequel or a sequel with Kai as the playable character

Except.. the person talking said Narikos journey wasn't yet over.
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!