---
Feed Davey Richards to the Ryback!
#22-BrokenSpiral-Posted 11/11/2012 9:57:52 AM
Holy **** it's OmegaPillow. Awesome. And I'm not being sarcastic
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <=== QFT
Rinoa Heartilly = My most hated RPG character
#23Pieman0920Posted 11/11/2012 9:58:40 AM
The game clearly only exists due to SSB existing, and much of it is borrowed. To say its a rip off is a bit harsh, but its not all that inaccurate. Like many Smash-clones its based around Smash, and then there are a few things changed so its not as bad.

In regards to whether it will be a success, that remains to be seen. Even if it does borrow heavily from Smash, that doesn't mean that it can't find a target audience with people who have either not played Smash, or have played it and don't mind a similar styled game. Personally though, I'm sort of questioning the odd focus the game has and its odd marketing more than its similarities to Smash.
---
(9^_^)--------0(x_X^)
Official ungrateful jerk of GameFAQs.
#24SadCubsFanPosted 11/11/2012 10:02:07 AM
The gameplay DOES look awful, along with the stages and sound

People are in for a bad surprise when the game comes out
#25The0bserverPosted 11/11/2012 10:02:30 AM
Pieman0920 posted...
The game clearly only exists due to SSB existing, and much of it is borrowed. To say its a rip off is a bit harsh, but its not all that inaccurate. Like many Smash-clones its based around Smash, and then there are a few things changed so its not as bad.

In regards to whether it will be a success, that remains to be seen. Even if it does borrow heavily from Smash, that doesn't mean that it can't find a target audience with people who have either not played Smash, or have played it and don't mind a similar styled game. Personally though, I'm sort of questioning the odd focus the game has and its odd marketing more than its similarities to Smash.

Few things changed? No
---
--- Ich bin ein Berliener
#26SadCubsFanPosted 11/11/2012 10:03:13 AM
I do think that the roster is fine, even with some really stupid choices like fat princess
#27babiesinoupPosted 11/11/2012 10:09:07 AM
Thanks Tc for opening my eyes. Cancellin my preorder
#28CyhortI82Posted 11/11/2012 10:12:33 AM(edited)
Honestly, as someone who was really looking forward to this game, it doesn't really look that good. The demo was meh, I don't like the "you can only knock people out with specials" thing because I hate being forced to do one thing the same way every single time I play. I actually was hoping it would be more like SSB. The way it is now the whole damage thing is pretty pointless since it doesn't mean anything unless you have a special.

Plus the roster is crap. This is like the roster of characters that get added to a second version of a game like this. The first one should have strong, main characters from popular series. Not secondary characters and reboot characters that haven't even come out yet or two versions of the same character.

I'm still gonna play it, but it's most likely gonna be just a one time rental for me. Which is sad, because it could have been a lot of fun.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#29pixel378Posted 11/11/2012 10:14:44 AM
OmegaPillow posted...
The gameplay is not as fluid as ssb, it plays slow, and sluggish

The fact after you attack a character, you have to wait like 2 - 3 seconds to attack again

Level threes are so unbalanced

Character roster is awful, you can tell they held back alot of characters for dlc to milk the people who think theyre getting a deal

1- False- Only moves that have knockback disallow you to strike again right away, all other moves can string into combos, which SSB can't do.

2-Lvl 3's aren't suppose to be balanced they have to be a feared move worth saving up for. If it sucked nobody would use it.

3- They didn't hold back characters, they we're denied access to characters by even 1st party studios. Do your homework before posting stupid things.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#30satat317Posted 11/11/2012 10:19:29 AM
Hai, game is not bad at all. Sure roster isnt as good as smashes, but its a workable roster nonetheless. I have been waiting and anticipating Nariko. Now she is in and shes my reason why Im getting it. If she wasnt in I would pick............. well no one else really appeals to me. Good thing shes in.
---
Official ~NARIKO~ of the PSASBR boards