I honestly see this game flopping bad

#31MaskedM4nPosted 11/11/2012 10:19:40 AM
I don't see this game flopping considering the fact that it's not a pancake.
---
You Cry, I Cry. You Laugh, I Laugh. You Jump Off A Cliff, I Laugh Even Harder!!! :-)
#32babiesinoupPosted 11/11/2012 10:21:19 AM
incoming 100 post thread
#33XenoFFvsPosted 11/11/2012 10:28:29 AM
Etroanime posted...
I have played over 200+ hours of SSBM I yes this game will do terrible it is such a rip off it makes my eyes hurt, even the supers and some of the items they included are such a rip off. This game is full of fail.

Over 200 hours? I've played melee for at least 1000 and have about 800 into brawl(those games are my crack lol). I have punchtime explosion and that game is a joke, a total rip off and absoloutely horrid to play. I also have rag doll kung fu and while it was fun at first the game quickly became a bore-still probably put over 30-40hours into it. Watching PSASBR videos on youtube and having played the beta I feel as though it's very much a rival for ssb. I love the gameplay and can see the crazy amount of depth already.

Do I think I'll like it as much as smash? Probably not, but I can see myself putting 100s of hours into battle royale. I doubt this game will have trouble selling over a million copies, how often this gen has a sony 1st party ps3 game not sold over a million?
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN IDs:XenoFFvs, Smash_Bros_Champ
#34hotgamerPosted 11/11/2012 10:33:44 AM
Taizuku posted...
What joy do people get from trolling? Is looking like an idiot really that fun?

Not that I agree with anyone here, but someone having a different opinion than you doesn't mean he is trolling.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#35RagnoraokPosted 11/11/2012 10:36:28 AM
Etroanime posted...
I have played over 200+ hours of SSBM I yes this game will do terrible it is such a rip off it makes my eyes hurt, even the supers and some of the items they included are such a rip off. This game is full of fail.

I noticed this too. Sly's lvl 2 super is a direct rip off of Diddy Kong's special, FP's lvl 3 super is a direct rip off of Kind Dedede's special, and Sly's/Radec's Lvl 3 supers are a rip off of Snake's super.

I have actually come to like the game. However, I do feel that the gameplay will get very stale, especially for those who already are familiar with SSB. the gameplay is actually more simple, linear, and constricting than SSB, since you can only kill with Supers. I hoped that since the core system was more simple, they would implement some sort of mechanic to make it fresh and dynamic, but they chose to sacrifice that option to make it "competitive." After 4 days, I was honestly bored with the beta. As it stands, it is a SSB game with closed walls.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#36RagnoraokPosted 11/11/2012 10:38:38 AM(edited)
MaskedM4n posted...
I don't see this game flopping considering the fact that it's not a pancake.

AWWWWW, at least you tried.......:^(
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#37wwinterj25Posted 11/11/2012 10:40:49 AM
hotgamer posted...
Taizuku posted...
What joy do people get from trolling? Is looking like an idiot really that fun?

Not that I agree with anyone here, but someone having a different opinion than you doesn't mean he is trolling.

While this is true "Flop" topics have been made loads of times here. Why the TC thinks he should make yet another topic on the same subject is beyond me. Post your opinion on the game flopping in one of the other topics otherwise it does come across as trolling.

I respect the TC opinion but don't agree with it. That said I don't honestly care if the game flops or not as after playing the beta I know I'll enjoy it and DLC has already been confirmed.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#38McFordmansonPosted 11/11/2012 10:40:59 AM
Hey, Pillow.

Rocket Raccoon.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#39TheNardDogPosted 11/11/2012 10:46:42 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
I agree. Shameless SMB ripoff.

Dude, if you hate the game, think it's no fun and it's a shameless horrible rip-off, why are you here literally every day for hours? Sometimes it's good to come give your opinion, but hot damn. That's just sort of, sad. Really sad.
---
Crash most wanted for PSASBR
Booster Gold most wanted for Injustice: Gods Among Us
#40Bleach313Posted 11/11/2012 11:11:33 AM
The only way I can see this game flopping is 2 reasons.

1) Some may not like the super system (which I can understand)
2) Some may feel disappointed in the roster (another I can understand)

After that I can't see another reason. Heck before I saw this game in it's latest build and I played the beta I wasn't planning on buying it before. Those 2 reasons I listed were my gripes and many others gripes.